Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
"Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!"
    #3323263 - 11/05/04 04:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was driving home, down a one way, three lane highway through the downtown area of the city in which I reside, after visiting my girlfriend at work on her lunch break (I work at the same place, but have tonight off :laugh:). I was in one of my more advanced states of mind - I had been considering what content I would include in an email to the family that I lived with in Norway for a year, concerning all of the happenings that have occured over the past couple of months, as I have not had the oppurtunity to communicate with them during that time.

I was in a relaxed mood at the time. Earlier today, something went wrong with my car so that the electronic controls for my heater and also the radio were not working, it seems no power is reaching them (my uninformed assumption, at the moment, is that a fuse must have blown). There was barely any traffic on the road, and as I did not have a heater running or the radio altering sound waves, there was an overwhelming presence of silence within the car. What noise was audible was a result of my engine (which is probably a little more signfigant than it should be :smirk:), and the sounds of my tires interfacing with the road, with the occasional passing car.

Not only this, but recently, I have been delving into the depths of thought from Tao and Zen, and have been finding success with my ability to relinquish control and identification with the mind. This, interacting with the silent features of my environment, and the main focus of my thoughts, put me in quite the reflective, meaningful mood.

Details of the happenings and actions that have occured over the past couple of months would come to mind, and I would consider them, feel their essence, recall what had happened, details being meshed together into an overall meaning, undefined by words but understood perfectly, and put into a new perspective, one supercharged by the creative powers of silence and being existing from beyond the mind.

Needless to say, my sense of being deepened, almost orgasmically :tongue:. I was instantly and entirely aware of my surroundings, my thoughts, my being. My mind continued to think, even of things not pertaining to my surroundings, but the awareness of my complete sense of being was not drained by this - it observed these trailing thoughts, felt them for what they were. My mind began to slow down, even, as more and more of my pure awareness was directed towards my sense of being, my presence, and was being used to be aware of my mind, not being consumed by my mind itself. Therefore, my mind, for once (:lol:), became a valuable, conscious tool, and not a disease destroying my focus and consciousness.

The effects of this were incredible. My presence and my mind were actually in balance for once. Silence and stillness were immediate and ran deep, even while the mind continued to continue its operations. My presence, my state of being was being identified with, as it naturally should be, and my mind was consequently being used consciously, effectively, purposely, meaningfully, powerfully. The balance which I felt permeated every thought, every concept, every feeling, every interation between myself and my environment (no real seperation exists between the two).

It is said that consciousness mirrors reality, and if the state of consciousness is unobstructed, pure, and in proper focus - it mirrors every detail, just like water reflecting light. A perfectly still, calm pond in the morning's light best portrays the analogy of consciousness mirroring reality perfectly - as there are no ripples, no waves of action moving through the water, the relfection is perfect to every detail, and is not interupted. Any motion, any action interupts this, it is the absence of movement that allows the pond to reflect the image of the trees, the sky, and the clouds, the environment around the pond so perfectly.

Letting go of control of the mind, relinquishing desire, allowing one to exist naturally and completely, being aware of every detail, being present, knowingly being conscious and awake and alive are actions, or, rather, absences of actions that allow one to experience reality as it is.

This Universe, this existance, this Way exists of near unlimited variables, aspects, facets that are all related to each other. It is through this relation that the individual aspects are defined, without the relation, the interaction, they would not exist. Every variable, every part of this way are interacting with every other variable simultaneously, in every moment, they are mutually arising. Each variable is completely dependant on every other variable to exist, to be defined.

On this Earth alone, can you comprehend how many actions occur within the same exact interval of time? Within this one moment, every single human being (over six billion of us) is expressing their existance. This does not account for how many interactions are occuring within every single one of their bodies, this does not account for all of the natural interactions involving weather patterns, animals, etc. etc. etc. etc..... can you comprehend every detailed interaction occuring within the core of the Earth? Can you comprehend how many more times these actions on Earth in this very minute alone are occuring within the whole of the universe?

It is inconceivable, but yet we are all dependant on every tiny, detailed aspect of the whole of the universe. From a grander perspective, the occurences we humans are personally aware of, the traveling of cars, the clouds floating overhead, the skyscraper that only appears solid and still would appear just like the occurences of quarks and other bric-a-brac on our quantam level. Just as we create and express meaning when we play guitar or simply breathe, meaning is created and expressed on that level.

Consider our body for one moment (as there truly is only one moment, :wink:). Innumerable tasks being carried out in every moment through innumerable, yet distinct parts, all acting to support ONE whole objective - consciousness, awareness. This structure carries itself out mechanically so that, on a whole, we can be aware of our surroundings, so that we have the ability to understand and know, so that we can be.

Then consider a person that learns to play guitar, or, if that doesn't fufill the necessary example for you, learns to type on a computer keyboard, or learns to use software, or to drive, etc. etc. etc, whatever works best for you. Over time, a person playing guitar, after enough experience becoming conscious of movement and placement of fingers, becoming conscious of physical locations, becoming conscious of degrees of physical pressure within the fingers, becoming conscious of degrees of observable sound, is able to play without consciously considering all of these things. One is no longer needing to be consciously concerned of exactly where to place a finger behind a fret, or of the location of a certain fret or a certain string - these actions are internalized, and become mechanic. One does not need to be aware of these things, and a good amount of consciousness, of awareness, of focus is free to be put into other areas, at the same time one performs these mechanic actions (which are actually interactions, between, say, the finger AND the fretboard (to make this shorter, the fretboard will include the fret itself); the finger AND the string; the finger, the fretboard, AND the string; the finger, the fretboard, the string, AND the pick; the finger, the fretboard, the string, the pick, AND the dynamic property known as air, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. - if I had time, I honestly could follow this to include the entire universe, all of this occuring simultaneously). As one no longer has to consider the individual aspects of actually playing the guitar, they can focus on songwriting, on stage performance, etc. etc. etc.

Thus, I feel I can conclude by saying that when one gives up control and desire of occurences that happen on their own, once these processes are internalized (let the water in the river flow, :wink:), one is free to focus their consciousness into a higher purpose. By not identifying and controlling the mind, one is free to feel their sense of being. By not interfering with the direct aspects of your playing technique, one is free to create their own musikk and enjoy their playing. By learning the Engligh language and internalizing it enough so that one does not have to consciously consider what words to use, communication is not as obstructed, allowing one to more effectively convey his intended meanings. By advancing technology to the point where we ourselves do not need to work to provide for the needs of our survival, we are free to create and express ourselves. By learning to interact with others freely and by relinquishing control of the way, we can together focus on higher purposes - spiritual evolution. On and on and on....

So there you have it. In case anyone was wondering, the name for this post came about on my drive home. I stopped trying to control my thinking, and instead let my thinking run its course, with greater power, since I was not effortlessly trying to control it, and that is one phrase that poured out, when I was considering more poetic ways of expressing oneself. *shrugs* :nut:

If anyone read all of that, you are now carrying my child. No one knows how, it is simply the mystery of the dance. :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3323264 - 11/05/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn, I should have saved this for my soon-to-pass, 5000th post. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3325070 - 11/05/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I deeply congratulate you on your Spiritual Evolution towards Intrinsic Freedom&Peace in Being&Stillness.

When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise.
When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested.

delving into the depths of thought from Tao and Zen, and have been finding success with my ability to relinquish control and identification with the mind.
A beautiful and deeply satisfying cornerstone of Enlightenment. :thumbup:

feel their essence, recall what had happened, details being meshed together into an overall meaning, undefined by words but understood perfectly, and put into a new perspective, one supercharged by the creative powers of silence and being existing from beyond the mind.
You ARE Stillness and Silence underneath the temporary forms and thoughts that emerge and are born out of the vast Stillness and Silence that we are all of.
Now if we could just get everybody to identify with their Stillness&Silence...

Needless to say, my sense of being deepened, almost orgasmically  .
The Joy of Being? Vibrantly alive stillness?
You could call it the Cosmic-Joygasm. :grin:

My mind began to slow down, even, as more and more of my pure awareness was directed towards my sense of being, my presence, and was being used to be aware of my mind, not being consumed by my mind itself. Therefore, my mind, for once ( ), became a valuable, conscious tool, and not a disease destroying my focus and consciousness

Very good, Fireworks.
It is truly a sad thing that most people identify themselves with their minds which then leads to dysfunctional and compulsive thinking ? all of which are born out of the Stillness, Silence, and Being that is You.
To break free of this illusion is a huge, vast step towards an Enlightened reality.
Prosper on, Soul Brutha. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3325106 - 11/05/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""Silence and stillness were immediate and ran deep""

Silence and stillness you do not become, it is something you go back to?
neat post dude!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: Gomp]
    #3325120 - 11/05/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, you understand this very well Gomp. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (11/05/04 03:55 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3325170 - 11/05/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome post :cool:

'Congrats'

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: Gomp]
    #3325336 - 11/05/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
neat post dude!

Hehe, thanks everyone. :laugh:

You're right Gomp, silence and stillness aren't something you can go back to, it is something that naturally arises when one lets go. They aren't actions, and they don't come to be from following actions; they are actually always there, constants associated with pure awareness. Just like water, movement stirs it up and causes ripples - more movement in the water does not bring stillness to it, but, rather, letting the movements ripple and flow as they naturally will, until they lose force and subside, bringing the crystal clear mirror surface of a serene, still lake.  :thumbup:

I meant to reply with more than this, but I am very tired, and drifted elsewhere for god knows how long... so I will just post this as is. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3325557 - 11/05/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""By learning to interact with others freely and by relinquishing control of the way, we can together focus on higher purposes ""

just felt like quoting myself from my "set it free" thread, as what im talking about there, to me could be this you explain som wonderfully her :wink:

"Mental acceptance of the truth is an idea of it, not it itself."
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/05/04 05:50 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5777265 - 06/21/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

In celebration of a special oppurtunity that has presented itself to me, coupled with the fact that I happened upon this post and I enjoyed reading it again....

... bump. :evil:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#5777712 - 06/21/06 07:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Just like water, movement stirs it up and causes ripples - more movement in the water does not bring stillness to it, but, rather, letting the movements ripple and flow as they naturally will, until they lose force and subside, bringing the crystal clear mirror surface of a serene, still lake.

:grin: :thumbup:
:happyheart:

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

#5778044 - 06/21/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm right handed. If I try and play the piano with my right hand I can't carry a tune. With my left hand I can play and my mind plays too.

don't know why but thats the way it is.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5778593 - 06/21/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
If anyone read all of that, you are now carrying my child. No one knows how, it is simply the mystery of the dance. :lol:

Well that's just fucking great! I can't imagine that a baby god of fireworks would be all that comfortable inside of me :frown:

Nice post, btw.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5780570 - 06/22/06 01:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

By silencing our internal dialogue, we can get through the thick fog of the mind's chatter to perceive reality. Jumping into all we do with both feet leads us to utter concentration and power over our actions. Only once we lose our ego, our definition of ourselves, and every other way to describe reality, are we free to do anything.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5780591 - 06/22/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
It is truly a sad thing that most people identify themselves with their minds which then leads to dysfunctional and compulsive thinking ? all of which are born out of the Stillness, Silence, and Being that is You.
To break free of this illusion is a huge, vast step towards an Enlightened reality.

Interesting thing for you to say. But I guess this post being over 2 years old, that was before you became such an Ayn Rand fanboi. :smirk:

It is more profitable, however, to not attach yourself to the shackles of your ego.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: Fospher]
    #5780609 - 06/22/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've recently had the question in my thoughts that eminate from what Robert Anton Wilson and Terence McKenna always talk(ed) about.  They both say that the mind creates reality.  RAW says whatever the thinker thinks, the prover proves.

My question is, if you still your mind so where no thoughts are happening, then you are not creating reality, you are creating.......?

Someone give me something to think about that.  :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5781279 - 06/22/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It isn't necessarily that one "stills the mind". Moreso, one brings awareness into one's being, to become more conscious of one's direct perceptions and experience of reality.

Essentially, there is an order of operations that pertains to our awareness, and the operations of the mind certainly are not first on that list. If one's awareness is centered in the mind, then one's sense of presence and state of being are diminshed, and one's direct perception/experience of reality is obstructed.

First, one directly perceives reality, and one maintains a sense of presence, being aware that one is aware. The mind will likely still "think" (although, if, in the moment, it is not necessary for it to do so, then it won't), but we will experience it differently, and will have more ability to decide how we will think, if we wish to do so.

Basically, the mind may establish a sense of identity, and in order for it to ensure the continuation of that identity, it must continue thinking. If such an identity only exists as a thought, then only thinking can keep it alive.

The fact is that, by becoming present and bringing awareness into our being (the act and the state :wink:), we naturally sense the self as it unfolds. The mind no longer must protect the survival of its own preconceived identity. The mind becomes a tool that we use, one that does not diminsh our experience or obstruct our perceptions.

Perhaps psychadelics temporarily dissolve barriers that pertain to the mind and its identity complex - it certainly results from the instinctual drive to survive, flight vs. fight... It has brought us to the point where we are capable of operating in a manner that will more effectively provide for the continuation of our life and our experience of it.

I propose the necessity of transcendence and dissolution of certain aspects of the mind in order to further evolve as human beings. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

#5781299 - 06/22/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I agree

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Ha!", The Reminiscer Exclaimed, "Life Is A String Of Passive Curiosities!" [Re: Schwammel]
    #5781329 - 06/22/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

*nods with a deep sense of awareness* :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder