Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

How much is too much?
    #5779912 - 06/22/06 11:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I KNOW this has been talked about before, many times, but please bare with me because my question is a little different. I'm not talking about health issues or anything.

I just ate GOOD acid for the first time and i am amazed. Im a new person in that I can relate to people much better, my social anxiety is gone, and i take chances whenever i am given the opportunity (whenever i 'feel' like i should do something, ill do it rather than thinking about it).
Anyway, this has been the first trip that has actually CHANGED me (that i noticed).

Whenever I do shrooms I think i learn a lot, but i wake up the next day and I'm back to normal, with only faded memories.

Ive tripped maybe 40 times on shrooms, and 3 times on acid (2 weak, 1 strong), dmt, 2ci, doc, etc etc.

anyway.. what do you think the long term effects of mushrooms are? what actual SOCIAL restrictions/freedoms do you lose/gain?

I dont really notice that much of a change right now.. but i have a feeling if i trip a lot more, i might start to change veeeery slowly.
i met this guy who did lots of acid with the dead, and hes so far out thetre. hes rich and has lots of girls, but he says hes not interested in him anymore, because his 'vision has broadened' and girls just dont do much for him.
i can feel like im STARTING to go in that direction by like .1%
I am more interested in LIFE then just fucking and watching tv. however, in order to not be considered 'weird' by my peers, i want to keep the best of both worlds. i want to keep that gem of life, and to also be able to relax and get a good blowjob (heh :laugh: )

anyway... do you konw anyone thats eaten a lot of shorooms? how have they changed on a social level. are they cooler or less cool to be around?

i'm talking about 75 medium, GOOD trips.

Not 5 ego loos trips, and not a badtrip that changed them instantly. those are variables in the equation i dont want to equate.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: How much is too much? [Re: Limelight]
    #5779926 - 06/22/06 11:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If you think you've done enough, than you've done enough.

I know some people who have taken their fair share, and although they aren't bad to be around, you can tell something a little off from the normal persons prespective. I like people like that who think different and act different than the norm, but most people may find it "a little weird"

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How much is too much? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5779932 - 06/22/06 11:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What exact qualities make them 'off'?

as long as i DO get the sign that 'its been enough' then im not worried.

i just dont want to 'miss that sign' and end up missing the exit to sanity :rofl:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#5779936 - 06/22/06 11:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Personally i dont think its been enough yet. i still get along just fine in social interactions.. but in the future i still plan to trip, so i want to tread lightly

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5779948 - 06/22/06 11:39 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Like in a social situation, there's usually a lot of jokes, and they won't get them because they are too busy thinking about thing, and they will just disconnect from reality a lot, and the way they talk to other is sometimes not appropriate, but they'll have no idea that it isn't.

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
    #5779950 - 06/22/06 11:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well lets see.. if I can remember correctly. I first took LSD when I was 17 and I remember instantly gaining more self confidence. I liked my slef alot more and changed for the better. I also became a little more arrogant. Like I was in the "know" and sometimes looked down on people for being stupid. I also noticed a very large increase in my memory. It could be just a placebo effect but I soon developed a photographic memory.

I tripped every weekend for about 2-3 years until the anxiety caught up with me. I can no longer take acid. Its not enjoyable to me. I get very bad anxiety and I spend the whole time waiting to come down.

Mushrooms on the other hand, give me very little anxiety at all. My experience's with mushrooms have always been far more spirtual. I never felt that with LSD. LSD was more of a self learning experience. Never really had many visions so to speak. Mushroom's I have had many visions.

I'm now 25 years old and have tripped in the 200-300 times range I would say. I'm a totally normal person. I feel that people that become strange, like your hippie friend are like that anyways. Its all about what you belive and how you carry yourself. If you want the drugs to change you, they will. For better or worse. Its up to you.

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How much is too much? [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #5779952 - 06/22/06 11:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Good :smile: thats one of the things i learned on my trip. what you think will self manifest.

i thought this was true, but i wanted to make SURE that the mushrooms dont  'force' it upon you.. like even if you dont want it to be true, it  will make you 'weird' anyway if you do it too much.

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#5779953 - 06/22/06 11:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

now that i know though its all what you want to happen, i am not worried.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #5780691 - 06/22/06 04:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i know someone who has tripped around 5 times and hes not the same.... but i also know people who have tripped over 100 times and they are the no different... its not how many times you trip, its how much you let the trip effect you.. i have tripped around 20 times, but the knowledge i gained from it seems like ive tripped 100 times.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: How much is too much? [Re: danlennon3]
    #5780782 - 06/22/06 05:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Your average person sees a flower and says "Oh wow, what a pretty flower.."

The person who's changed sees a flower and says "Oh wow, can you imagine that flower's life? Maybe some bee flew by and dropped pollen on its mother and that flower was born."
*cue appreciative staring at the flower for the next 5 minutes*

There's nothing wrong with the second person's observation, hell, its how I look at most things. I think the difference lies in the depth that people apply to most things.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineJack_Faktor
303 aficionado
Male

Re: How much is too much? [Re: danlennon3]
    #5780826 - 06/22/06 05:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:its not how many times you trip, its how much you let the trip effect you..

Exactly.
For example, I've rolled dozens of times over the last decade and don't believe that my personality has been radically changed by the experiences. Though my friend will be emotionally messed for a couple months when he comes down from one night on E. Because of the swift break-down of trust and security, it takes him dozens of hours to finally 'snap to' and be able to emotionally handle every-day life again. We simply approach and process the mental/emotional experience in completely different ways.

--------------------
What is a 303?

Edited by Jack_Faktor (06/22/06 05:41 PM)

Offlineguitarman
Stranger

Re: How much is too much? [Re: Jack_Faktor]
    #5781235 - 06/22/06 07:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Its all in your mind

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: How much is too much? [Re: guitarman]
    #5781298 - 06/22/06 08:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but your attitude towards them

i think thats the best way to put it

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: How much is too much? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #5781443 - 06/22/06 08:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have tripped a couple times. I do stuff like play guitar to my jaws the movie cup or whatever, but that's mostly because I am trying to make every moment a prayer to God. And less to do with tripping. But tripping probably unleashed a little of the sillyness within me. Life's too not serious to hide up all your sillyness away for fear that people will think you are silly.

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: How much is too much? [Re: thatiAM]
    #5781892 - 06/22/06 10:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know a guy who trips alot and everyone thinks he's crazy. He has all these theories about life and existance and he's really into Terrance McKenna. I think it was for the better. He sees more in life and he thinks about everything. This is exactly what I have been noticing happening to me lately. I will just disect anything in life and find beauty in it. I can find meaning and balance in things and I see things with broader horizons. It's really changing but I think it's much more internal than external. Of course it is external as well, people tell me I overanalyze and waste my life thinking too much and picking things apart, but it makes me happy and feel complete. Tripping can change you for good or bad, sometimes you learn things you're not ready for. I have never "broken through" but I think if I ever did I would have to have a major reality check. I feel like tripping changes you from the start, even just a little. I know a kid who isn't really a psychonaut, kind of just a druggie. He does alot of hard shit but he asked me if I thought acid changed your perception forever after the first time. I said I thought so and he agreed and said he looks at everyone with more dimension, from more views. He sees the world differently. Only you can really see the change as good or bad. It's all through your perception.

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

OfflinePsychdlcMes3
dirk
Male User Gallery

Re: How much is too much? [Re: b1tH]
    #5785308 - 06/24/06 12:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

itzzzzzzz allll in your head...itz all about your mentality

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience