Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestrain
journeyman
Cake or Case P's
    #577824 - 03/13/02 11:11 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

AFOAF has very little experience in the fruiting stage of the mushroom lifecycle
and was wondering if he should case or cake the P strain from PF?

There is 2 sizable clear rubermaid containers (duck taped up the sides for light to only enter the top), ultrasonic humidification, along with a holes cut in the bottom coverered with filter disks.

Any suggestions on the air exchange would also be appriciated...

--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: Cake or Case P's [Re: strain]
    #577846 - 03/13/02 11:45 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

Sounds good to me so far. Take some H2O2 and put that in your humidifier. That will be supplying your fresh air intake. Every now and again you might want to open the top just to fan for a few seconds, but that might not be nesecery(spelling?). It depends on your whole set-up overall, size, positive pressure, ect.
I highly recommend you to case. Your new to this hobby and I know this, so your going to have to trust somebodys word. Trust mine!
Your set-up sounds very close to mine. We'll see once it's up and running. Anyway my set-up is one of the best i've seen so far. It's perfect for casings.
There is nothing to worry about if you decide to go with casing. I relize alot of people seem scared, but if you came this far why throw it all away on a cake. You've done all the hard work up till this point. Bigger and better shrooms are just a casing away.
It sounds like to me that you are looking for that xtra little push to make yourself feel alittle reashured that you can do it. I'm sure you've read many tek/reports on casings vs. cakes.
Cakes bruise, humidity must be very consistant, spacing between each cake, rehydrating, ect....then what follows are some shrooms that you might be happy with.
Casings are really better off. I could go on and on but you can read all the post's on here.
GoodLuck!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Invisiblestrain
journeyman
Re: Cake or Case P's [Re: fiddler4u]
    #577850 - 03/13/02 11:57 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

do the P train from PF case well? Thats really what my question is.

--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #577893 - 03/13/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

If you case them, they will grow! :^)

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #577925 - 03/13/02 02:19 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

grow the PF strain out on cakes!!! they will do much better, they dont do well in casings. do a search you will find that ppl have had poor results casing the PF classic.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleRedeyedElf
enthusiast
Re: Cake or Case P's [Re: pleezr]
    #578161 - 03/13/02 08:05 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

AYE!

stick with the cakes for the PF strain...
I've read many a posts that complain about nothing, or little outcome on cased PF's

--------------------
When the walls quit melting, I'll think of a sig

OfflineBiitSow
Right Now!
    #578174 - 03/13/02 08:15 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

PF has really almost 'engineered' the PF strain to work well with the PF tek. Casings may work with this strain, but I would stick with cakes.

Peace

--------------------
White CHEDDAR!

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
    #578547 - 03/14/02 07:42 AM (22 years, 10 days ago)

I have cased these before.. Straight Verm worked OK.. not superior results, thats for sure... I have 3 more casing going now with sraight coir, they should be ready for the terranium tomorrow, so I'll keep ya updated..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds