Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk
    #5751601 - 06/15/06 12:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So, after i post this i will definitely setup that post asking how to use the ID books like mushrooms demystified  to ID a shroom one finds. just like MeadMadeMe  suggested....BUT FIRST!!! (haha sorry soooo stoned)
i found this mushroom this morning while on a walk with my ma and her dogs. sooooo, since i havn't put up that post asking how to ID things using a book becasue i have no idea what the genus of this buddy is sooo how am i suppposto do it with out looking through the whole entire boook word for word over and over and over so i thought, since all the amazing people out here on the shroomery world could help me out!
so here we go

i was walking in the woods and we were about to turn back and i was blown cuz no shrooms and then just a little before we turn back....i see some stumps a few feet of the track and there were these mushrooms growing there and this other one growing strait out the top of it but this was a different kinda shroom that i didn't end up takeing because it was strait up orange and slimy as hell and left this nasty orange colored slime/skin that stuck to me and was a bitch to get offf...
ok so anyway the ones i did pic are right here

yea ok so now to describe em.
the stalk of it is holllow it is white that browning at the bottom i think is from the dirt that was on my hands that kinda rubbed into the stalk and shit when i was holding em for like 15 minutes while walking whatever, any way, the two that are connected are on that little piece of wood and were growing basicly on these stumps they looked like theywere comming out of the soil but they were attached to the stump if not like up against it and they were popping up out of the soil or yea kinda donno. uhhh im almost 100% possitive that the spores are white the gills under the cap are not brown at all the pics only look like that cuz of the shadow but they are pure white. the caps are like a gray and those white marks on the cap aren't veil reminants they look like a slug came along and munched or something cuz some of the gills under the cap look to be munched on as well. uhhh anyone know what this is???? im trying to see if its edible, hallucinogenic(i know i can't spell give me a brake im high accually i can't spell strait hahaha), or deadly... if it is edible anyone know if it tastes good??? :smile:
:crazy2: :smile: mushrooms are always yummmy unless of course they kill you...
if anymore info is needed just post it
thanks guys!!!
offf to go post that other question happy trails guys

-SenselessRebel

Edited by SenselessRebel (06/15/06 12:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMisterShroomGuy
NoOb
 User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: SenselessRebel]
    #5751630 - 06/15/06 12:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

its not active...oh, your stoned.... if you eat it, you wont get high.

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: MisterShroomGuy]
    #5751658 - 06/15/06 12:39 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea but will it get me sick if i eat it?? like can i put it on a salad without shiting or pukeing my brains out or dieing??? hahaha i wanna eat em im not to pressed about them haveing to be active to trip me but just wanna know if they can be like gormet or something hahah. i think i just wanna eat a salad withsomething i found!! : )
anyone know??? thanks MisterSG for telling me atleast that their not active
thanks
-SenselessRebel

OfflineJKM
sly noob
 User Gallery
Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: SenselessRebel]
    #5751951 - 06/15/06 01:52 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

as i've just recently learned, i bleev it's Pluteus Cervinus ("Deer Mushroom", and only use my input as a second opinion). i've read it's edible but not too great tasting.

Edited by JKM (06/15/06 02:01 AM)

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: JKM]
    #5751990 - 06/15/06 02:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

From what can be seen in that pic so far although it looks alot like it would say thats probably NOT Pluteus cervinus without further info and would not think of eating that mushroom.

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

OfflineMisterShroomGuy
NoOb
 User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: shroominDole]
    #5751995 - 06/15/06 02:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dont eat it...it has properties that are likely to give you a gastrointestinal crisis....in stoner words, DONT EAT THAT MUSHROOM!!!!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5752431 - 06/15/06 07:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You should do a spore print on it. See if it comes out white or not. The color of the print will probably be very light either way. You might want to use black paper.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: eris]
    #5752470 - 06/15/06 08:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well I found the same mushroom in my yard and so I did a spore print. I was stupid and did it on white paper but I am now using another cap I found of the same type of mushroom on black paper. On the white paper, if it wasn't for the fact that my room has a black light I wouldn't have even really noticed the spore sprint since it is so white. Maybe this could help someone.

--------------------

Seduce my mind and you can have my body...Find my soul and I'm yours forever.
Hate me? Take a number.

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: Sintakz]
    #5752663 - 06/15/06 10:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea any other info needed just ask and i'll see what i can do about getting it. i have the mushroom in the fridge to preserve its life but donno how long that'll last
-SenslessRebel

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#5753010 - 06/15/06 12:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lol after all this wait I hope it is atleast active

--------------------

Hate me? Take a number.

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: Sintakz]
    #5753020 - 06/15/06 12:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

its not active lol so quit hoping

--------------------

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: wortiesbo]
    #5753104 - 06/15/06 12:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Oh well, might as well get rid of all the other ones I found as well. Still wanna know what it is though lol after all this time of waiting

--------------------

Hate me? Take a number.

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5754051 - 06/15/06 05:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea me too sintakz
any one know the genus or species??
-SenselessRebel

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#5759788 - 06/17/06 07:01 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm about to just throw this stuff out seeing as I doubt that anyone will id it.

--------------------

Hate me? Take a number.

Offlinefalcon
In the green

Trusted Identifier
    #5759944 - 06/17/06 09:40 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It is, most likely, Tricholomopsis platyphylla not active, and not edible, although some books state that it is edible there are many reports of it causing adverse reactions. Looks a lot like Pluteus cervinus. The Pluteus though has free gills that turn pinkish with age and a flesh colored spore print.

falcon

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: falcon]
    #5760768 - 06/17/06 04:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

falcon said:
It is, most likely, Tricholomopsis platyphylla not active, and not edible, although some books state that it is edible there are many reports of it causing adverse reactions. Looks a lot like Pluteus cervinus. The Pluteus though has free gills that turn pinkish with age and a flesh colored spore print.

falcon

Not to you know say you are wrong or anything because I am definatly in no position to say that since I am pretty new at this but.... I looed at both the Pluteus cervinus and the Tricholomopsis platyphylla and though the Tricholomopsis platyphylla looks a bit like it, there are very distinguishing features that don't match. Like alot of those mushrooms have a darker cap than these mushrooms. I have already thrown them out but I have the spore print in my mycobook ( a note book in which I have photo album sheets for refrence ) and I can at least scan it though the print is just white.

--------------------

Hate me? Take a number.

Edited by sintakz (06/17/06 04:45 PM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #5761252 - 06/17/06 07:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Most mushrooms can vary alot in cap coloration. I also think they look like Tricholomopsis platyphylla. They are very common and should not be eaten. My parents got sick from eating them.

OfflineSintakz
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Edible???? orrrrrrrr no? gray cap white spores and hollow white stalk [Re: shroomydan]
    #5761970 - 06/17/06 11:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, well back to searching, I do highly doubt that I will find any in the Orlando , Orange County area though, i haven't had much luck thus far

--------------------

Hate me? Take a number.

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5771982 - 06/20/06 12:28 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yea ive been kinda bumbed out in finding psilocybin mushrooms in the DC Silver Spring, MD area. is it just because of my location that im not finding any? or is it that i suck at looking? hahaa
thanks guys
-SenselessRebel

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale