Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

WITCH CAP -Conica, Active or Not
    #5771361 - 06/20/06 03:16 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Found this down at the beach. Back in the same spot ast last year. In Grass on the flat near lupins with sandy soil substrate. Untouched they are a very orange mushroom iterms of the cap, the stalk and gills appear a distinct slight yellowy, white colour. They bruise so quick its intantaneous, a purple ,green then black colour can clearly be seen... Instantly.... they seem to need constant rain to charge on fruiting... unlike subs and the like... they have been consumed twice with no fatal results.... i have found Aucklandaii, subaerganosa's and Cyanecsenes before and have been interested in mushies for a long time now...I'm pretty certain this is an active strain... what spawned finding them was the prospect of the Taranaki sand dune strain being up here in Auckland in similar substrate conditions... thought it could happen so went looking last year down here at our beach and happened to find these witch capped beasts! they seem to look nothing like anything else that grows in Nz that i have seen, also they have a distinctly interesting twist to them, although one of our ingestions involved sub's aswell.... thankyou... What a great season this has been already!

Edited by Horseonsandhill (06/22/06 04:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Unknown Strain.... similar to hawaii's maybe.. [Re: ]
    #5771377 - 06/20/06 03:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Here It is... hope you like the clarity in these pictures... makes it easier to identify the staining...
A beautiful witch cap...

Edited by Horseonsandhill (06/20/06 04:03 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #5771406 - 06/20/06 03:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

>they have been consumed twice with no fatal results.

Lucky you. They are NOT AN ACTIVE SPECIES!!!!

Probably Hygrocybe conica.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Hygrocybe%20conica

Anonymous

Re: Unknown Strain.... similar to hawaii's maybe.. [Re: Anno]
    #5771461 - 06/20/06 04:10 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

MY GOOD GOSH Feeling no ill effects from them, how poisonous are these puppies, are we lucky to be alive or what....!!!  :confused:whoopsy daisy....shit mate we must have cast iron stomachs...... haha woohoo thanks for the accurate id how could we be so stupid to ingest without id'ing first my gosh ! _idiots_ :blush:so they arent active ... i wonder how we are still alive...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #5771491 - 06/20/06 04:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Probably only mildly poisounous, if at all, but there are some reports of them being deadly.

Read http://www.mushroomexpert.com/hygrocybe_conica.html

Anonymous

#5771499 - 06/20/06 04:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

WOwee OH my GOSH who would of thought.... that's the most interesting thread ive ever seen, we cant thank you enough.... THAt thread basically says that they are questionably active, therefore no-one really knows exactly whats buzz is in there, and most people would be put off, i would be too if i had known anything about them... damn-it, oh well, no time to look back now at least i can say ive consumed them and experienced there psychoactive power? and i am CONFIRMING that they are active just not like the more researched strains... I Had a good ingestion with some subs recently with that big cap in my pics, made a tea with just the cap of it and it produced a definite different feeling to the norm of beautiful subs.... things really started to get weird... Found some nice subs today actually, what Ive found recently is that when picking u will get a buzz from ingestion through your skin... even without ingesting.The conica, witch cap produces this same buzz when picked, well , it is similar anyhow... i have noticed... very different though...

Anonymous

#5771505 - 06/20/06 04:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So would I be one of the first to ingest this strain on here, any reports of others ingesting??
i don't think i'll be rushing out and gettting more to eat!!!THATS FOR SURE-
heaps of subs around for that.......
the witch caps are pretty intense and i certainly want to find out more about them ...horrified at the prospect of them being deadly... wicked we survived this sucker... cool stuff!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #5771507 - 06/20/06 04:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

" I do notice that edibility for Hygrocybe conica at MykoWeb , a site closely affiliated with MSSF, is listed simply as "questionable," when Psilocybe cyanescens, for example, is listed as "hallucinogenic."
So, make your own decision on whether you want to eat Hygrocybe conica. I've done my best to expose what seems to me, probably, to be a circle of legends and half-baked (or totally baked, dude) mythology"

Please note that people have likely DIED from its ingestion before thinking of consuming any more!!

Anonymous

#5771514 - 06/20/06 05:07 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I realise this... Wowee maybe my first trip on Cyanescens changed my brains constitution at a young age and made me less vunerable to the ill effects of these evil witch caps! bloody lucky to make it out alive aye! i wont be eating anymore anytime soon buddy , actually ive just got onto subs and they are really cool, almost like cyanescens just not quite as clean a high or  perfect looking either, still though... a thousand times more tempting than my orange nemesis...now that you have given me an i.d on it... wow lucky we found this site and i got them on i did have one in stock to eat... i won't be now... THANkyou very MUCh ! much love :gethigh:

Anonymous

#5771525 - 06/20/06 05:19 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

p.s my first Cyanescen experience was on about 50 mushrooms we found fresh... i had never taken mushies b4... i thought i had lost my marbles forever that day....left my body and could see my head from above..as if my soul was floating above my head . If you can relate... pretty out there experience. possibly overdosed... i distinctly remember thinking on that first trip , "man who am i? what is this new reality?, whoever i was previously to ingesting didn't seem to exist anymore, i had to let go of who i was and take on this fantastic new reality... It was like being reborn again... might of hardened me up a bit for the witch caps... But that's just speculation....

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5771539 - 06/20/06 05:39 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Horseonsandhill :smile:
Was just wondering how you originally identified the Psilocybe cyanescens? and no wonder you had the experience you explained-50 shrooms!!! What would 50 average Ps cyanescens weigh fresh?
inski.

--------------------

Edited by inski (06/20/06 05:40 AM)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5771540 - 06/20/06 05:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You're not so bad as some of the fools on here... Everyone makes mistakes and you are lucky this one didn't cost you.

The trip report seems very consistent with my good trips. I would not say you over dosed, as my over doses included thinking i was definitely dieing and reality would soon abandon me, and only wishing to lose conciousness and that the inevitable loss of self, as i do not think there is any conciousness after death, would be better than the chaos and fear i was experiencing behind my eyelids.

So yeah, your anecdote seems consistent with a good trip and good dose.... just no more witch hats now!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Unknown Strain.... similar to hawaii's maybe.. [Re: CureCat]
    #5771549 - 06/20/06 05:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Stranger. After first thinking they were Aucklandaii... my gosh how funny it was oncce we actually went up to dairy flat and got some... i realised the strain at home must of been a rare one because of the extreme whiteness of the stems, and the extreme wavyness of the caps compared to SUbs. Also how and what they come out of is completely different... i didnt find out about subs untill about two years ago... and i now realise the difference between the cyanescens and the subs , i view cyanescens to be the cooler of the two species all round.... stranger id say that my total consumtion would of weighed about 50-100 grams atleast!!! fresh too.... HAHAHA No more WItch caps for this ban-dito...

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Unknown Strain.... similar to hawaii's maybe.. [Re: CureCat]
    #5771551 - 06/20/06 05:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ROFL :rofl:

From the above mentioned link:
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/hygrocybe_conica.html

"The belief is strong enough that some of the various Web sites that sell spores and spawn kits for hallucinogenic mushrooms like Psilocybe cubensis (possessing only the spores or spawn is legal in most states) make mention of the witch's hat (for an example, see this page at SporeWorks.Com). Then again, many people in the crowd that pursues hallucinogenic mushrooms are, um, not very reliable for scientific information; some are not at all interested in learning anything about mushrooms, cruising through Web sites like this one or flipping hastily through field guides, then going out to pick little, nondescript mushrooms and eat them. People like this might be the source of the reports of hallucinogenic properties. First, because of some association with the common name "witch's cap" ("Hey, m-a-a-a-n, it's magical!"), and second, because some of the psilocybin mushrooms bruise and stain strongly dark blue (not black; blue)--a fact that could have been misread and mis-applied by some stoner who ate so many mushrooms that he had no idea which one it actually was that made the walls bleed."

--------------------

Anonymous

#5771555 - 06/20/06 05:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

p.s Cyanescens there were a few stages where i really freaked and felt like i was gonna die ,i didn't understand what was happening to me...i was on the edge of a meltdown, freezing, shivering even under the intenseness of this trip (even in front of a big heater),I truely remember at times feeling completely insane...i guess bliss and insanity are quite close together... breathing was becoming to much....my two mates who consumed much less than i, kept asking me if i was OK, however i had a problem in that i couldn't respond and so they realized how wasted i  was...i was asking my mates to ring an ambulance or to get my mates dad to come check us out. didn't know who they'd become... where i was... whether we were walking up the road or down the road those sorts of things.....just a strong trip i guess... not an overdose.. in retrospect  it was a pretty good trip some things i found UN-imaginable in terms of how unnecessarily beautiful nature seemed for the first time in my life i thought it was amazing.... i still do... hahaha :wink:

Edited by Horseonsandhill (06/20/06 08:16 AM)

Anonymous

#5771749 - 06/20/06 08:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Did you find at a really strong dose that it's impossible to distinguish what is , and what isn't?, interms of time, yourself and the sharpe clarity of the realilty you are stuck in at the time. I mean at times you wana switch off you just want it all to end you feel like your dying ... but are you ? no , just having a strong trip? so if it feels like your dying i dont think it means your close to overdosing i mean whos gonna eat 80kgs of Aucklandaii, yuck!

Anonymous

#5779487 - 06/22/06 03:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ROFL

From the above mentioned link:
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/hygrocybe_conica.html

"The belief is strong enough that some of the various Web sites that sell spores and spawn kits for hallucinogenic mushrooms like Psilocybe cubensis (possessing only the spores or spawn is legal in most states) make mention of the witch's hat (for an example, see this page at SporeWorks.Com). Then again, many people in the crowd that pursues hallucinogenic mushrooms are, um, not very reliable for scientific information; some are not at all interested in learning anything about mushrooms, cruising through Web sites like this one or flipping hastily through field guides, then going out to pick little, nondescript mushrooms and eat them. People like this might be the source of the reports of hallucinogenic properties. First, because of some association with the common name "witch's cap" ("Hey, m-a-a-a-n, it's magical!"), and second, because some of the psilocybin mushrooms bruise and stain strongly dark blue (not black; blue)--a fact that could have been misread and mis-applied by some stoner who ate so many mushrooms that he had no idea which one it actually was that made the walls bleed." 
If you ate your own body weight in Witches caps you'd no all about it , im sure.... hehehe... are they the real deal?...i reckon they do have the potential to make the walls bleed if not to make them grow and close in on you..how can anyone say they are in-active?, if no-one has ingested, i have, and enjoyed myself...... ... i wouldn't go eating anything that didn't look active..... again, that is.... however they looked pretty bloody active to me at the time :thumbup: :crazy2:....

Edited by Horseonsandhill (06/22/06 03:44 AM)

Anonymous

#5779500 - 06/22/06 03:48 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Unchartered Water... My friends! Be careful if you are planning to try this bright witch hat...i cant stress how worried i am that someone will go out find a species similar to mine but not mine, ingest it and die...

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5779606 - 06/22/06 05:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You could have experienced a placebo effect because you were positive it was an active species, but maybe someone should do some tests, who knows!
I've always thought the bruising was the wrong colour.
inski

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: Unknown Strain.... similar to hawaii's maybe.. [Re: inski]
    #5780678 - 06/22/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Inski I was thinking perhaps its the same type of reaction the "Laughing Gyms" show???

Do things bruise blue or are they more black in colour?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate