Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGanjaKing
Stranger
My setup what do you all think? Suggestions?
    #577037 - 03/12/02 05:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am new to the world of magic mushroom cultivation. This will be my first foray into the field. I have spent many hours doing research and collecting the needed resources and now I believe that I am ready to get this thing under way. First though I wanted to put my idea out so that those of you with more experience can let me know if there is anything that I need to change. Firstly I ordered my spores in the syringe form from www.sporeworks.com I ordered two syringes of Psilocibe Cubenis Ecuador (pardon my bad spelling). I intend to use the PF Tek method. I have purchased 24 1/2 pint jars but I plan on only using 8 per syringe. For my terranium I purchased two large opaque rubber maid containers. I plan on layering the bottom with perlite. As for light I purchased two square 8 X 8 inch pieces of plexiglass which I am going to install in the lid of each terrarium. I also purchased some small 25 watt incandescent bulbs for each terrarium which I plan to position above the plexiglass to keep the moisture up. Do you think it is okay to keep the lights on all the time or should they be on a timer? I plan on pretty much following the PF-Tek for dummies guide step by step. I was wondering about what percent of attempts actually end up producing mushrooms. I plan on being very careful with my sterilization and I am wondering what kind of success rates people have with these things. Any tips, suggestions, or comments about my setup or any of my questions would be greatly appreciated.
-GanjaKing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline0wanna0b0trendy0
Stranger
Loc: woodbridge virgina
Re: My setup what do you all think? Suggestions? [Re: GanjaKing]
    #577086 - 03/12/02 06:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you might wanna ge a humidifier ...this is a good tek keeps the humidity .... highhttp://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=102

good timeing with the post

Offlinejeldrid
Stranger

#577122 - 03/12/02 06:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

My setup is identical and I just birthed 3 jars using the PF Tek for dummies method a few days ago.. As of now all cakes are fruiting and fairly healthy.. It has been hard to find a good temp balance considering the weather ouitside has been fluctuating madly in the past few weeks, but my cakes are doing ok.

I have 10 more PF jars colinizing as we speak, and I plan to try birdseed with the 50/50+ casing tek in the next week or so...

Details on my terrarium -
-2 50 gallon opaque plastic tubs stacked
-2 inches of water in the bottom tub with a 100w variable temp submersible fishtank heater
-2 inches of perlite with half as much water in the top tub
-20x6 inch peice of plexiglass secured with silicon over a hole in the lid
-17 inch fluorescent bulb fixture with a plant bulb for light over the plexiglass hole
-cakes sit on top of a little white metal grate...about 2.5 inches above the perlite

OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
Re: My setup what do you all think? Suggestions? [Re: jeldrid]
    #577207 - 03/12/02 07:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

im on my first try too, i saw my first pins today, it was great. i didnt have problems with containms yet(knocking on my wood-like desk material). the only jar i lost was cause i tried to birth one early cause i was (and still am) feending for some mushies.

as for:
>small 25 watt incandescent bulbs for each terrarium which I plan to position above the plexiglass to keep the moisture up

i dont think lights help for moisture in any way, although maybe you were trying to say something else, and i just understood it wrong, anyway, goodluck with your frist try.

OfflineGanjaKing
Stranger
Re: My setup what do you all think? Suggestions? [Re: dDigitalPimp]
    #577216 - 03/12/02 08:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

basically i was thinking that the light would cause the water to try and evaporate out of the perlite but the plexi glass would keep it in. i think that would help keep the moisture up.

Offlinejeldrid
Stranger

#577227 - 03/12/02 08:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The only way a light helps water to evaporate is through the production of heat, and you definitely don't want too much of that... 70-80 degrees for fruiting from what I understand...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation