Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
whats the next step??
    #576851 - 03/12/02 12:12 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

ok im a nOOb and i have just seen my first pins in my cakes today after i placed them in the terrarium yesterday(pretty cool shit). i was wondering, concidering all things go as well as they have been for me, and i get about three or four flushes(ill be milk dunking inbetween) what sould i move onto next. im guessing i should try a casing or two with my next batch of cakes, but i dont wanna like put all my eggs in one basket by casing everything, i think next jars im gonna do will be like tomorrow or the next day, they will be lipa yeis. i would eventually like to get into some other subtrates which produce higher yeilds, but i dont have a PC, so thats outta the question (right?). do all other subtrates such as rye and birdseed need to be PC'd? maybe i should eat an apple with some prints on it and take a shit in my terrarium(j/k). well any thoughts as to where i sould go with my skills would be appreciated. and btw, thank you everyone who has helped me to get to this stage, and thank you shroomery for existing. late.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: whats the next step?? [Re: dDigitalPimp]
    #576920 - 03/12/02 01:27 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

The first thing you need to get good at, after you learn the basics of growing, is making clean prints and syringes. Once you can make clean prints, you no longer have to pay for spores unless you want a new strain. After that, I would learn how to grow on agar and isolate good growth. After that I would start working with larger jars or bags and start to learn how to case as well.

> maybe i should eat an apple with some prints on it and take a shit in my terrarium(j/k)

My friend used to inject spores into apples and feed them to the horses on the farm. The spores don't hurt the horses and the horses don't hurt the spores. Pre-innoculated horse patties...

My final advice is to prepare yourself for a lot of failure as you begin to deviate from the tried-and-true teks. Some things that you try will work great and others wont. When I play around with new ideas, I always leave an old setup going as well for those times when the new ideas turns into failures (which happens quite often to me).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
Re: whats the next step?? [Re: dDigitalPimp]
    #576952 - 03/12/02 01:53 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

An easy and relitively inexpensive step up would be to spawn pasturized wheat straw with a crumbled up cake. No PC needed. Hope that helps.:peace:

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
Re: whats the next step?? [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #576976 - 03/12/02 02:10 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

ive read a lot of shit in the past couple of months but i am not really sure about the whole agar thing. the reason this is done is to get good healty mycelium and use that to colonize with?? that seems a little bit down the road still, i have a large quantity of verm and brf, some more syringes and a few on the way, i dont wanna buy any more shit yet. ill just have to find a good casing tek for using just verm. i pretty much understand casing, so i guess i could jump into that next, thanks for the replies. late.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract