Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJoeMama
My first poo spawn (Couple o questions now)
    #5768619 - 06/19/06 06:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Okie, I did my first spawn to Hpoo today. I pasteurized it via the cooler tek and spawned these 1" cake pans.

I laid a layer of poo, 1/2 of a QT jar of WBS (covered it nicely) then put about 1/4" poo on top. (Covered it with foil poked holes etc)

Now, I have heard that aluminum trays are bad for grows. Should I just take this as a lesson for next time? Or should I attempt to transplant the spawned poo to another container when its covered? I plan to add a casing layer once the poo is colonized. I have had success with the "Ready Mix" from wally-world on my first casing and it appears to be doing well. So this will be the route I will use again.
Thanks
-Me

Crap, I just remembered what I also meant to ask...

With my Hpoo, it was in a huge pile with grass and all growing on it. I got stuff from the middle at to not get grass etc in my poo poos. When I was working it in with my WBS, I noticed that there were "Clumps" of mud (I think) and a couple of roots from other plants. I tried to get rid of the roots as I put my poo layers down. Will this affect my grow in any way?
Thanks

Edited by JoeMama (06/19/06 06:09 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first poo spawn (Couple o questions now) [Re: JoeMama]
    #5768637 - 06/19/06 06:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you'll be ok with the alum trays. its true that myc will certainly eat holes through them, if the myc happens to be producing a lot of metabolytes, and if you manage to pull enough flushes to allow enough time for that to happen. there's no evidence that anything harmful is actually absorbed in that process, so who knows there... but folks have been using them for quite a long time without ill effects.

i just like plastic containers (especially dishwasher safe ones!) so that i can clean 'em and re-use them.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first poo spawn (Couple o questions now) [Re: creamcorn]
    #5768654 - 06/19/06 06:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

a one inch subtstrate is going to produce some pretty tiny shrooms. It's also more beneficial to thouroughly mix your spawn throughout you poo to speed colonization.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation