Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Religion
    #5763735 - 06/18/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Please state the religion you identify most closely with or select other and elaborate.
What is your religion
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/18/06 09:36 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Edited by cybrbeast (06/18/06 06:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Religion [Re: cybrbeast] * 1
    #5764262 - 06/18/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Gnostic Christian

--------------------

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
Re: Religion [Re: Silversoul]
    #5764457 - 06/18/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Presbyterian.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Religion [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5765264 - 06/18/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
Presbyterian.

That's a form of Christianity, no?

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Religion [Re: cybrbeast] * 2
    #5765274 - 06/18/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i am my own god :tongue:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Religion [Re: barfightlard]
    #5765505 - 06/18/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I forgot that option. Oh well.

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
Re: Religion [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5770038 - 06/19/06 09:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
Presbyterian.

That's a form of Christianity, no?

Sure is. I just thought I would be more specific.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Religion [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5771483 - 06/20/06 04:25 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Alright. Are you an active Presbyterian?

I'm suprised by the amount of atheists especially considering how much of the general population is religious. That's pretty cool and enlightened IMO.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion [Re: cybrbeast] * 1
    #5772176 - 06/20/06 11:25 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm personally surprised there haven't been any Buddhists or "New-Age" responses yet.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5772177 - 06/20/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and I just noticed that you left out Taoism.

--------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5772668 - 06/20/06 02:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

True, but it's not really a defined religion
Quote:

Wiki says:
Much uncertainty exists over the meaning of "Taoism". In some countries and contexts (for example, the national "Taoism" organisations of China and Taiwan), the label has come to be applied to the Chinese folk religion, which would otherwise not have a readily recognisable English name. However many, if not most, of its practitioners would not recognise "Taoism" (in any language) as the name of their religion. Moreover, the several forms of what we might call "elite" or "organised" Taoism often distinguish their ritual activities from those of the folk religion, which some professional "Taoists" (Daoshi) tend to view as debased.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5781243 - 06/22/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Is it just regular Christianity that believes the Earth/universe to be 6-8000 years old? They are silly.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion [Re: TODAY]
    #5782755 - 06/23/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
Is it just regular Christianity that believes the Earth/universe to be 6-8000 years old?

No. Those are the hardcore fundamentalists. They are insane beyond all hope, and have nothing to do with mainstream Christianity.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5784468 - 06/23/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so not all of them are nuts??

I was approached by 3 of them on my college campus this week and we had a good 30 min or so chat about all sorts of things. Its fun to ask questions like:

Me: Do the people who you don't 'save' go to hell?
Christians: yes.
Me: What about indigenous people living in the forest that have never had contact with Christian crusaders? Do they go to hell if they've never had a chance to be saved?
Christians: That's a hard question.
Me: I mean, how could God make them and isolate them, knowing they'd never have contact with Christianity? Wouldn't God be condemning them to hell at the same time that he made them?
Christains: That's a hard question.

They don't trust science and scientific dating because of this argument:

"You know, science can't prove everything. Can science proove you were in class today? Or can science proove what you had for lunch? No, it can't. But testimonials from the people in your class or the people you ate lunch with could prove it!!"

LoL, they told me that when they see things like the Grand Canyon they are just so amazed at God's creation. They were so amazed that God up and *snap* created the Grand Canyon. I told them the Grand Canyon was a result of the Colorado River cutting away at the landscape for millions of years...but what do I know??

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Religion [Re: TODAY]
    #5787053 - 06/24/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I am a very spiritual person and definitely believe in some type of higher power beyond what we consider reality that we have no way of understanding in our current state of evolution...I really hate the way evolution and religion have gotten all tied up together...evolution exists wheather u believe in god or not and imo are totally seperate...I also believe that its impossible for our reality and universe to be all that exists...I cannot wrap my head around the idea of having nothing and then getting something...based on our laws of physics and time etc this is just not possible...in nothingness the word evolution dosen't even exist

I also believe it is built into human beings to be spiritual I just think its silly to think u have the answers...also this need to know more of what we are and where we came from plays a role in our evolution as a species...its part of what drives us to keep improving

I chose other btw

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Religion [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5788572 - 06/25/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, other! Wish I'd seen that, I said neopaganism in that it seemed to be the one that was closest to Taoism. Maybe. Neopaganism's like wiccan stuff and the like, right?

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Religion [Re: Panoramix]
    #5788648 - 06/25/06 05:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopaganism

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I also believe that its impossible for our reality and universe to be all that exists...I cannot wrap my head around the idea of having nothing and then getting something...based on our laws of physics and time etc this is just not possible...in nothingness the word evolution dosen't even exist

Ah but this is with our current understanding of physics. Our universe could be created in a higher dimensional space or in the heart of a supernova. But then there's always the question where did that come from. But if we were created by a higher power then where did that come from? That would also be something out of nothing.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #5788877 - 06/25/06 08:45 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Could it be that it just is? That we and everything else that exists, simply exists. :eek:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5790077 - 06/25/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

thats what I"m saying tho...based on our reality u can't get something from nothing...so all I can assume is that there is some sort entity that is beyond our understanding and does not function within the realms of time etc

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #5790644 - 06/25/06 09:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Why is it that I get the feeling that so many people just don't get it?

The alfa and the omega are a myth!

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5792328 - 06/26/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
thats what I"m saying tho...based on our reality u can't get something from nothing...so all I can assume is that there is some sort entity that is beyond our understanding and does not function within the realms of time etc

But then where did that being or entity beyond us come from?
You could also explain our universe as two branes colliding in 11 dimensional space transferring lots of energy into our universe. But then like I said you are still left with the question where did tat 'space' come from.

Ekstaza, that's what is most likely to me. The universe, multiverse and higher dimensional universe just exist. And we live in this universe that's suited to life just because this is the only place where where we could live.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5801831 - 06/29/06 02:01 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

u don't get what I'm trying to say...

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #5811291 - 07/02/06 12:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

....hmmm i cant really decide. i tried budhism, and it seems to match closest to what i beleive, but i loves me a good steak and i beleive strngly in science...im NOT a scientologist, for reference.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: Religion [Re: nobhdy]
    #5824489 - 07/05/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

science and scientology have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Invisibledecepticon
someone abovethe crowd

Loc: europa
Re: Religion [Re: Jfisher]
    #5854315 - 07/13/06 11:13 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not a fan of any religion.

--------------------

OfflineGable
Veteran
Male

Loc: New England
Re: Religion [Re: decepticon]
    #5880629 - 07/20/06 08:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Other/specify. I believe that every one has his or her own religion. Who give a shit about church if you are just going to be an asshole everywhere else?

I will say that all religions do serve a purpose. Death is overwhelming, both for one's self and the loss of others. Religion gives people comfort that their spirit live on. It gives people a way to explain death.

It also gives stupid people a reason to annoy you, start wars and kill people. It seems that people's IQ is indirectly proportional to their group size.

There are two types of people. Those who believe in something and those that believe in nothing. I believe that there is one single consciousness that we are all a part of, equally good and evil, and that is 'God.' When you die your consciousness just goes back into the pool.

Really, if you look at everything in life there are always three parts. The positive, the negative and the in between. The positive and negative are always equal and opposite. Look at any example in physics...magnetism, electricity and of course the coolest one, gravity. Energy and matter can not be created, nor destroyed. Everything that has been created has an equal antithesis some where to balance it. Isn't consciousness energy? Shouldn't the same laws of physics apply? If so, the consciousness that is in you can not be created nor destroyed.

Well you might ask what is the opposite of consciousness? I would ask where does your consciousness go when you sleep. Why is sleep required for every animal on earth? If I just lay still for 8 hours shouldn't I gain as much energy back?

So my abbreviated theory is this. During the last big crunch, just for a split second, there was nothing... Now think about nothing for a second, it is intrinsically something. All at once the universe realizes that there can't be nothing without something. It explodes with unimaginable force creating energy and matter. What is the universe really, a bunch of something in a whole shit load of nothing.

But it creates one more thing. The fact that nothing is intrinsically something is a realization, a logical thought process. The Universe is aware of itself and consciousness is created. An explosion equal that of energy or matter. Consciousness is everywhere. It is both evil and good, love and hate, comfort and jealousy, happiness and insecurity. We are just animals trying to harness it and for some of us, it is overwhelming.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it. I am a scientific logical person and it agrees with the facts that I found in this world. It is not based on books and propaganda that have been obscured by time. People think that science is against religion. I think that science does the best job of explaining it. Just remember, three is a magic number. =g

--------------------
'Every man bends to time.'
-Dali

Edited by Gable (07/20/06 08:13 AM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #5887874 - 07/22/06 03:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really have a religion, I just feel really strongly about the importance of my own existence and that there is something "out there" that kind of like transcends reality and connects all living things together.

:flowerchild:

I guess that's kind of like agnostic, but I'm not too sure.

OfflineEmpTyCLosEtSpAcE
yatahey
 User Gallery

#5900799 - 07/26/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Dunno, I kind of identify with several religions, Asatru, Rastafari, some aspects of Christianity and Islam. I hold the ideals of Buddhism in high regard. But I guess technically I'm an agnostic-athiest. I try and take the best of every religion I encounter and use those pieces to better myself.

--------------------
I can't imagine what the cops are going to think when they come in and see a couple hippies on some guy covered in puke and shit screaming i'm dying as we tell him it's ok he'll like it.-Chinacat72

Edited by EmpTyCLosEtSpAcE (07/26/06 01:10 AM)

OfflineeternalSoul
Stranger
Re: Religion [Re: EmpTyCLosEtSpAcE]
    #17052172 - 10/18/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Agnostic. I just don't know...

There are bizarre things that happen that can't be explained by science and seems to point at faith or consciousness existing outside our bodies or if it's something that we're too stupid to discover yet. I don't know...I'd like to think there is something more with my own personal heaven. I don't know if it is all wishful thinking though but I do have reasons why I'd believe this type of heaven existed which would make more sense to me than organized religions. In a way everyone is happy in my belief lol look at my first post about personal heaven.

Anyways, I don't think ceasing to exist would be so bad if I lived my life long and to the max so that it is fulfilling. I hope the same for those I care for :laugh: I hope we all get to spend our time together as much as we can in this life for as long as we can happily.

OfflineMushingOut
Male

Loc: Canada
    #17055064 - 10/18/12 01:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I honestly don't like completely identifying with a religion.I believe in God, Jesus and elements of christianity partially because i was raised to.I don't feel that the bible is the be all end all rules you have to follow that most christians do.I am definitely open to other religious teachings and believe many do have something to offer.

--------------------
:cosmicpony: :raveface:

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #17085072 - 10/23/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Im a practicing Eclectic Taoist Jedi.

OfflineJadecrayon
Erotic Baker

Loc: USA
Re: Religion [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #17103849 - 10/26/12 08:20 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Science, it works, bitches.

--------------------
"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
My Trade List

InvisibleBlackd0ve420
Peace Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: ----------> Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Jadecrayon]
    #17109719 - 10/27/12 12:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I am a Baha'i

--------------------
Just let it all go..
Laugh at the world and be free,
Then Just breathe, Just breathe...
*Blackdove*

Click for Catnip!
:peace: :nyan: :peace:

Invisibleschwarg
Male

Loc: San Diego Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #17131462 - 10/30/12 03:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Shoulda put deist up there.

--------------------

OfflineRedpill

Loc: Lake Wobegon, MN
    #17596991 - 01/23/13 02:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm atheist/agnostic. I consider myself a Unitarian Universalist and attend a UU church. And through use of dissociatives I've developed a very spiritual appreciation for all of the matter and energy of the physical universe as well as the dark and the emptiness that fills most of it, so in a way the universe is my god.

Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
 User Gallery

#17726579 - 02/01/13 01:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

pantheism is the closest I guess :mushroom2:

--------------------

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Invisible22Carat
I'm a teapot

Re: Religion [Re: pouihi]
    #17785495 - 02/11/13 07:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I chose other.
I'm a Deist.

--------------------

Invisiblemaxplanck
New
 User Gallery

Loc: South Carolina
Re: Religion [Re: 22Carat]
    #17851851 - 02/23/13 10:39 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I chose other, i have found that my natural inclination to believe that i am my own god in a whirlpool of atheism is best described by satanism.

--------------------
"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
-Isaac Asimov

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Religion [Re: maxplanck]
    #17969694 - 03/17/13 04:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder who the single rastafari is.

--------------------

Offlinempd
Lammen Gorthaur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mostly at home... Mostly....
Re: Religion [Re: Hakim0777]
    #17970630 - 03/17/13 07:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Notary Public.

--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#17972765 - 03/18/13 05:51 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Gnostic Christian

:thumbup:

ditto

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion [Re: Jadecrayon]
    #17972768 - 03/18/13 05:54 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jadecrayon said:
Science, it works, bitches.

Science sprang out of the western esoteric tradition.

Science and "religion" are not mutually exclusive.

--------------------

OfflineRedpill

Loc: Lake Wobegon, MN
Re: Religion [Re: Hakim0777] * 1
    #17982493 - 03/20/13 12:39 AM (11 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:

Most likely someone who likes pot and Bob Marley but has no idea what the religion is actually about.

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion [Re: Redpill]
    #17982759 - 03/20/13 03:08 AM (11 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Redpill said:
Quote:

Hakim0777 said:

Most likely someone who likes pot and Bob Marley but has no idea what the religion is actually about.

yeah its sad when people call themselves "Rasta" but have no idea who Haile Selassie was

Rasta is christian.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#17982766 - 03/20/13 03:11 AM (11 years, 30 days ago)

Sikhism is a really cool religion if you look into it.

It very much resembles the philosophy of stoicism which i also think is cool.

--------------------

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Redpill]
    #18004633 - 03/24/13 04:24 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Redpill said:
Quote:

Hakim0777 said:

Wasn't the Ethiopian dude that Rastas worship like: (paraphrasing) "Im not a god but if they think I am im not gonna tell them otherwise w/e" or someshit? lol.

:lol: Fail Religion.

--------------------

OfflineFatherroot
Amid the Adventure
 User Gallery

Loc: Outside the Infiniverse
    #18207020 - 05/03/13 08:23 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

This poll needs the option for the below choice.  The "No Religion (i.e. Atheist)" might not be appropriate for those like myself who do wish to have a label on our personal beliefs.

Add to poll.

No Religion (General Spirituality; I do not put a label on my beliefs)

I wouldn't select "Other, Please Specify" due to the fact it's listed under the actual Poll title of what religion I am.

Thanks.

--------------------
"The only Zen you find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." — Robert Pirsig

Edited by Fatherroot (05/03/13 08:51 AM)

Offlineitsaconspiracy
governments worst nightmare
Male

Loc: florida Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Fatherroot]
    #18234731 - 05/08/13 08:45 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

i'm not full Buddhist but i read the teachings and use them in life but i guess i'm Atheist with buddhist idelism:shrug:

--------------------
("i'm not a criminal i just like stuff thats not mine")
                                                      "bender"

InvisibleTrentBoyett
Aspiring Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
    #18257617 - 05/13/13 01:03 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Humanist.

OfflineFatherroot
Amid the Adventure
 User Gallery

Loc: Outside the Infiniverse
Re: Religion [Re: itsaconspiracy]
    #18258906 - 05/13/13 05:11 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

itsaconspiracy said:
i'm not full Buddhist but i read the teachings and use them in life but i guess i'm Atheist with buddhist idelism:shrug:

Close to mine too itsa.  Siddhartha, Jesus (pre-government conspired embellishment turned into "Christianity" and a bloated book to control the masses), Gandhi, Lennon, A. Hoffman, are a few people I've added to my core beliefs.  Sprinkled with the idea that God only existed as a single entity before separating into the infinite expansion of time, space, and matter that forms the universe and multiverses as we know them.  In current form, known as the collective consciousness.  God has no way of existing as one while separated into everything that makes up the multiverses.  My take on it.  Let's talk about Avatar 2.

--------------------
"The only Zen you find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." — Robert Pirsig

Offlineitsaconspiracy
governments worst nightmare
Male

Loc: florida Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Fatherroot]
    #18259022 - 05/13/13 05:28 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:nodofunderstanding:

--------------------
("i'm not a criminal i just like stuff thats not mine")
                                                      "bender"

Offlinerugwall
Zen-higher state of mind
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Religion [Re: itsaconspiracy]
    #18275383 - 05/16/13 06:22 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I selected other...I have multiple beliefs that I constantly weigh against each other.

I'm not atheist.

Then again, I'm not agnostic. I'm not apathetic about some kind of supernatural force or something. I believe something is there.

I guess I would say that I am a pantheist? I really don't know. I follow quantum physics a lot, and if there are infinite universes, then I think that the multiverse behaves like a fractal, always slightly different. If I die, I will reincarnate (or not), into another universe that is just *slightly* different from the last one. Why do I believe this? It would be a pretty good way to keep entropy in check. If there are infinite universes, and this is just me rambling, I believe that:

This universe is about 14 billion years old (last time I looked it up...I think it's roughly 13.8B?). I believe this universe has a giant black hole somewhere in it toward the center, that leads to a white hole that spills into a universe that is 14 billion years old plus or minus a nanosecond, ad infinite. Everything in this universe breaks down, eventually goes to this black hole, gets stripped down to its essential components again, then the white hole spews all the crap out of the adjacent universe into the next one, like a set of dominoes.

I gave the above theory a lot of thought, because I was drawing diagrams of how satellites, planets, solar systems, galaxies, etc., work in our universe--they all rotate around a central mass...so...why can't there be a central "mass" in the center of the universe? I don't know. Perhaps I've read too much into the ideas of quantum physics without understanding a lick of the math behind it.

My other belief is that we live in a Matrix, because I think Nick Bostrom, Leonard Susskin and S. James Gates, Jr., as well as other physicists are subscribing to this idea a bit...Bostrom says the probability is about 20%--of course, this is just a ballpark estimate, but with quantum computing being millions of times faster than today's supercomputers, and the fact that all of google's computers combined could provide enough computing power to simulate a universe for six people (as of now), and computer power doubling every 18 months or so...if all computers in the world were quantum computers, we could simulate multiple universes with great ease, and the inhabitants would be none the wiser. It doesn't seem a far fetch to think that some distant alien civilization has already done this and we're the inhabitants. After all, when we look at distant stars, even with amazing telescopes, the Matrix would just have to feed astronomers visual information, that they can photograph, but when they aren't looking millions of light-years away in a telescope, the simulation doesn't have to render much. It would be very easy to do, just like in a computer game. Just code the Matrix so that things only render right before and when we look at them, so it would save on processing power.

Why no supposed glitches? Maybe there are. Maybe there's a backup computer that keeps glitches at a minimum, or perhaps the aliens could pause time, wipe our memory of any glitches we perceive, and we would never know time stopped, because if time stopped, our ability to think would stop. They could do this at any given time and then unpause time, and we would continue whatever activity we were in the process of doing. Perhaps when things "slip our minds", aliens have paused the Matrix for maintenance. Apparently quantum physics says that anything that falls into a black hole is broken down into small information and stored in the black hole...as well as anything in the universe is stored on the 2D surface of the edges of the universe. I don't know...all I know is that I've had some wild trips, and I know for a fact that no one can separate themselves from the universe. I am completely connected to everything around me, but my regular conscious can filter out most of it, so I can move around (salvia, anyone? :laugh:)

I've started to actually look at my surrounding environment as bits of information, much like in the sci-fi Matrix movies, and I have been able to do some small-scale manipulation. Usually it is with random things in my environment. I have, on several occasions, been able to have seemingly superhuman strength (I can't lift cars or anything, but it's strong--kind of scary), and when I practice Parkour, I never fail when I really concentrate mentally. I have opened a brand new deck of cards and kept pulling out the ace of spades without looking while I am shuffling. I did this once, pulled out the ace of spades 11 consecutive times before I got creeped out, shuffling three times inbetween each random draw. I was not place-holding the Ace of spades, I wasn't remembering where it was going in the deck. It was strange. It all happened under a strobe light too, so it made it look even more cool. I wish I made a video of it. I'll try and do it again sometime. Of course, I am not going to try and fly or anything similar...but I believe we do live in a world based on rules, and that we can bend these rules slightly. As humans evolve more, I think we'll be able to bend the rules even more, especially if we can merge with technology--I'm not sure I want to be alive when that happens in this universe, but yeah...

Third belief: Everyone has the ability to tap into the infinite if they try hard enough. No one is immortal yet (as far as I know), but I think that's because of the problem of increasing entropy if that were to occur.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. I like this thread! To each their own.

Lastly, your life is yours! You have your own world, inside a larger world. You can change your world at any time to be different, based on your own choices, within the realm of possibilities without completely violating fundamental physical laws.

Cheers, good vibes, one love. :smile:

--------------------
Favorite quotes:

"What the hell is up with budget cuts, followed by tax increases? That is complete bs. And LAPD, stop writing chicken-s tickets! That goes for every police officer in this country." - Adam Carolla

"When the troops are in desperate situations, they fear nothing." -Sun Tzu

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." -Sun Tzu

"Know the enemy's plans and calculate his strengths and weaknesses. Provoke him, to know his patterns of movement. Determine his position, to know the ground of death and of life. Probe him, to know where he is strong and where he is weak." -Sun Tzu

Twitter: @rugwall_

Offlineweedwhisperer
Impatient Mermaiden
Female User Gallery

Loc: CA
    #18592453 - 07/22/13 12:04 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Jewish witch.

Offlineglowing
Stranger

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: Religion [Re: weedwhisperer] * 1
    #18592763 - 07/22/13 01:36 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck religion, deities are for the weak minded. Humanist atheist.

InvisibleVitalux
Stranger from the next universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #18593499 - 07/22/13 09:05 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I use to be a christian , but realized was all a big lie.

It is amazing how gullible and easy it is to brainwash a fool :nodofunderstanding:

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
Re: Religion [Re: Vitalux]
    #18593898 - 07/22/13 11:02 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sloantbone said:
I use to be a christian , but realized was all a big lie.

It is amazing how gullible and easy it is to brainwash a fool :nodofunderstanding:

:thumbup:

OfflineZ O M G
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: new york. Flag
Re: Religion [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #18711156 - 08/15/13 08:11 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Just watch Alan Watts videos on youtube and by the end you'll have you answer.

--------------------

OfflineRichdem88
Jankroville

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Z O M G]
    #18713444 - 08/16/13 07:39 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Having no religion doesn't implicitly make you an atheist.

OfflineSeattleBlue
Smoke Blunt
Male

Loc: VY Canis Majora
    #18834529 - 09/12/13 09:42 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I feel it doesnt make sense to be so sure of something
that is so complex that we cannot even BEGIN to comprehend

...just fucking look at the some pictures of the vastness of the universe
we have no fucking clue what any of this is

--------------------
SMOKE BLUNT

InvisibleBender B Rodriguez
The Greatest
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, CO
Re: Religion [Re: SeattleBlue]
    #18836969 - 09/13/13 01:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't Agnosticism a religion

OfflinePsychedelicWizz
Follow the Plants'
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion [Re: Bender B Rodriguez]
    #19506246 - 02/01/14 01:33 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Im not really religious at all, I was raised christian but its all a control mechanism for the masses in my opinion.
I am spiritual and very connected to the collective consciousness of the universe if that makes sense.

Belief can be subjective or objective of the conditions you were brought up in and the things you have experienced, as well been exposed too. In otherwords, I believe in transcending belief itself.

If I were to identify with one thing, the closest would be shamanism.

As far as belief goes, everything is questionable, but I find myself going towards unconditional love of all life and existence.

--------------------

OfflineD-App
Sir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere, Everywhere
Re: Religion [Re: PsychedelicWizz]
    #19513310 - 02/02/14 09:46 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Since 7th grade I had always considered myself as an atheist. But ever since I tripped for the first time, I feel like I've finally opened up and found my "spiritual" side.  I don't necessarily believe in any deity, but I just have this feeling that something is out there watching out for me.  I don't believe in nothing, but I only believe in just life. It's hard to explain...but we are definitely all here for a reason, and that is to experience this incredible life! No one knows-and will probably never know-for sure why we were put here. But to believe in absolutely nothing, that everything happens just because it happens, just seems absurd to me now. I now just consider myself an agnostic rather than an atheist.

Also, what would one be called who does not believe in creation nor evolution like myself?

--------------------

OfflineMagenta
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
Re: Religion [Re: D-App]
    #19551185 - 02/11/14 05:25 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I did not vote. I am not religious, but i'm not atheist either. I believe that if god is real, he wouldn't want us to conform to a religion, but instead worship him in a more personal way.

In my opinion people who follow religions are to easily deluded. Many only worship god one day a week, and don't truly have god in their hearts, but instead do it because they were told to do it, or grew up doing it ect. In other words, they worship the religion, not god.
I think religion is the biggest obstacle to people believing in the true god.

Then again, i don't don't know half of them religions on that list, perhaps i'm in the wrong. I feel pretty hostile towards religion, but love god. I said it before, but i'll say it again because my previous paragraph became a bit  convoluted.
if god is real, he wouldn't want us to conform to a religion, but instead worship him in a more personal way.
I use the word 'if' because i've been brought up under atheist influence and thus have a natural skepticism with everything.

--------------------

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Religion [Re: Magenta]
    #19566479 - 02/14/14 02:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm basically a Christian mostly. I don't go to church or nothing tho u know. And I used to be catholic not anymore.

OfflineKrat0s
Male

Re: Religion [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #19784841 - 04/02/14 04:35 PM (10 years, 17 days ago)

Ik this is kinda old, but i feel the need to contribute my 2.
Anyway
Im not really religious, i despise what modern Christianity is doing to people, though i do enjoy sine aspects of the beliefs.
I feel like i relate mostly to Buddhism or Hinduism.
I strongly believe in reincarnation and karma being the ultimate virtue of life.
Though i don't like associating myself any one religion, i give my respects to all.

Offlinetheredstoner
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA, East Coast
    #20008172 - 05/19/14 01:37 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I do not believe in religion, but I believe there MAY or MAY NOT be a good. I have no clue so why should I assume one way or another.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#20057114 - 05/29/14 04:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Gnostic Christian

I've become more orthodox since I posted this.  I joined the Episcopal church, which is kind of like Catholic-lite, which is basically what I am.  Catholicism without all the problematic views on sexuality.

--------------------

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤

#20210828 - 07/01/14 02:30 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Reincarnation! My word! Chilling. yeah. It might seem like it might be fun to be reincarnated into some other kind of thing such as like a Dog or a Wolf or Lion Cheetah, etc, however, but living such a life would be really terrifying to me tho real talk I dont know if I could handle living in Africa walking around as a animal etc. Not for me.

--------------------
Retiro Equipaje. Mas uno por favor Cerveza, es mas fina. Psalm 706:6

OfflineJonnyCasimer
Elder of a Gentle Race
Male

#20302004 - 07/20/14 04:42 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I believe the JonnyCasimer religion :cool: Where whatever you think happens when you die, happens. So try to make it awesome!

--------------------
I am a traveler of both time and space.

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤

Re: Religion [Re: JonnyCasimer]
    #20302583 - 07/20/14 06:52 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If that was true then I would create a brand new hella cool relgion, just like Jon Smith made up the Mormon relgion.

Mormons go to hell, according to the bible.

Offlinemagicmushroombudha
transvestite
 User Gallery

#20304961 - 07/21/14 08:25 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Voted Buddhism, even though the Buddha doesn't exist!
:laugh:

--------------------
Enlightenment is the universe's way of looking at itself.
To see, we are always this process of eternal creation.
To see, we are the universe.
Always created anew, to go through the life experience for infinity.
It is the biggest miracle of all.
It's as if, it's the first time it's happened.
As if it's the first time, that life's ever been seen.
As if it's the first time, that life's ever been created.
As if it's the first time for everything.
This is where all time converges and magic mushrooms are the fruit, that help us into the spiritual realm, they help us to see why we really are.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Religion [Re: magicmushroombudha]
    #20310772 - 07/22/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

"My ways are not of your ways" - God

God is the painter.  Science is the gallery interpreter.

Anyways, line all these fellows up in a room, and I will choose to stand next to Jesus Christ.  Right or wrong His lessons come across to me as the most likely letter that a "God" would send to a situation such as the one we are all experiencing right at this moment.  A man of peace, we'll save the magic for later - Amanita86

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order