Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekaz
DoSeR

first trip help.
    #571531 - 03/06/02 11:52 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

any things i need to know?the mushrooms are PF classic,im 125 pounds,and no experience with hallucinogens.

--------------------

I have never and will never use a screen in a glass piece.
That defeats the purpose of having a glass piece. Must be a canadian thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: first trip help. [Re: kaz]
    #571544 - 03/06/02 12:08 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Check out the trip tip section on the home page. Click on the link for How to Avoid a Bad trip. Tey have a lot of good ideas there that will help you enjoy your trip and stay in a positive state of mind. But you are probably already so stoked to try mushies for the first time that I bet you can't get in any better state of mind.

Best advise I can give you is:
1. Stay calm and don't panic
2. Go with the flow
3. Go out in nature if you live somewhere warm, or make sure you bundle up well if going outside in the cold.
4. Be somewhere you are comfortable with, and make sure there is no chance authority figures, or law enforcement will arrive.
5. Good tunes

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
    #571894 - 03/06/02 08:27 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

buy yourself a good digital scale at a headshop, eat 2 grams of dried shroomies all at once (without any dairy)

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: first trip help. [Re: Sir Tokes-A-Lot]
    #572027 - 03/06/02 11:17 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

don't buy a digi scale at a headshop.. the markup is sometimes over 100% :shocked: !!  search the internet.. i got mine at www.oldwillknott.com.  ~$47 + S&H for a 0.1g accuracy 150g Max.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: first trip help. [Re: geokills]
    #572072 - 03/06/02 11:54 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

you can get them even cheaper on e-bay

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
Re: first trip help. [Re: geokills]
    #572078 - 03/06/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

www.digiscale.net has really cheap jeweller scales. They aren't digital, so it takes a bit longer to weigh stuff, and they only have 4 or 7 gram hoppers, but that's enough for my purposes. Price on the one I got was ~33 or 34 CAD after S&H. That same site sells a whole bunch of different kinds of scales, but I didn't really look around at the more expensive ones much.

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

Offlinekaz
DoSeR

Re: first trip help. [Re: Sir Tokes-A-Lot]
    #572088 - 03/07/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

i use a triple, and how much does weigh matter? like much should me 250 friend take? should he take 2x what i take?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #572602 - 03/07/02 03:07 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

If you get that feeling that your mind is sinking into nothingness, just remember that it's actually sinking into pure ecstasy.

--------------------

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
    #573412 - 03/06/02 09:05 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

EAT DA SHROOMIES!!! oh yeah, and have fun.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineBiitSow
Right Now!
    #575349 - 03/10/02 10:05 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

My first time shrooming was on appx. 4.2 grams (high potency). I actually experienced ego-deth my fisrt time. Eat about 2 grams.. for real

--------------------
White CHEDDAR!

Offlineholyworrier
Stranger
Loc: near NYC
Re: first trip help. [Re: BiitSow]
    #576274 - 03/11/02 09:43 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

You heads in here must tire of first-trip tales, but I'm sorry, I must relate mine. I must also say I'm stunned a bit to find this community online, but then why not? I see it's value immediately, and I'm glad to find it and explore it.

I'm fifty, and up until recently, I'd had no experience with a real hallucinogen. Grass yes, a half-tab of LSD years ago that felt like speed... that's it.

Drank a tall tumbler of sweetened tea at a friends house. Killed it. I had been smoking grass and had drunk a few beers, and was in a brash frame of mind. It wasn't long until I grew very cold. I felt a tightness (?) creeping up the back of my neck. Things began to happen very fast. Whoa. I had to go home and I mean NOW.

Ten minutes I hiked, shivering, through town. My perception of the street light on the trees was very sharp. I felt an expanding sensation of uncontrolled motion.

I began to peak shortly after I got home. In near panic, I called a good friend, an old head. "Can you come over?" I pleaded. It was about midnight-thirty. "You'll be alright. Just relax. A little booze will take the edge off". I poured a glass of wine and took two little sips. It seemed to help.

Then the walls began to sprout bark, the lamplight began to break up into shards, and my hands appeared as balloons with fingers. There was a tremendous, gripping physical rush.

The most disconcerting aspect of the trip was loosing control of my thought channels. There were no channels. This frightened me most. But I did not panic, as I realized that fighting was futile. Instead, I thought of my brothers and sisters of preColumbian America who had been using psilocybin for many thousands of years. My connection to them was a tremendous help in my struggle to let myself go.

The better part of my trip was spent on the sofa, a blanket around me and over my head, with the light on, worried that i'd be very late for work the next day. The rest of it was spent laughing at john. I fell asleep at three, four maybe. Made it to work.

At times during the trip, when I felt confident enought to relax and the thought channels weren't too incoherent, I was very comfortable and transported, plowing new psychic ground. My memories of the good parts of the trip compel and beckon to me.

That was early last Fall, I guess, or was it late Spring? In any case, I've had a pint of juice in my fridge since then, and hope that when I have the nerve to give it another try, the stuff willl still be good.

I'm certain I will learn from this board, and that my confidence will build.

Peace

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#577627 - 03/13/02 04:58 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

A bit of advice from WS:

Since your shrooms are PF-TEK, which can hit you like an A-Bomb on a hot summer's day...

I'd suggest you start with 1gr dried (1/30 ounce) or the tenfold if they're fresh. If after 1 1/2 hours you find yourself Tripping too lightly: eat some more. Remember: doubling the dose moves the Trip in a whole different ballpark & 2grs of PF-TEKKIES may bowl you over.

Before imbiding I'd suggest you really study the Shroom & wether you really want to try it or not. If your shrooms are dry you can store 'em in a freezer (compartment) for years, so some extra weeks aren't going to affect potency and the soulsearching & informationgathering you've done by then'll only make your Trip better. Don't bungle your Virgin Trip by rushing in half-cocked! The shrooms should be stored dry, with a minimum of air, away from light & as cold as you an get 'em. I myself use small glass Hotsauce jars with metal lids: they're ideal!

When it's finally Shroomtime get a "Babysitter" or Tripguide: someone to watch over you. This person must know you'll likely resemble a chronic on the mentalward for some hours, but that it'll all be back to normal pretty soon. You needen't worry about going mad or getting poisoned: Shrooms are practically non-toxic. Having done nothing more than eaten Shrooms NEVER warrants a 911 call.
The more extreme the mental effects, the quicker they come to their end. Ride this 4-6 hour journey out! It'll be likely as spectacular as a trip to the Moon, but may also include the fear of your Rocket blowing up on you. For most people tripping in moderate doses is as safe as jumping off a chair with closed eyes.

What you MUST consider before imbiding:
There's a big chance it'll be far more weird & intense than anything you've ever experienced. You can get your mind Raptured by sheer bliss or your personal integrity Ruptured by sheer horror. DO I WANT TO DO THIS?????
If you do: prepare yourself, choose a beautiful day in the forest, fasten your seatbelt and confidentely embark on what may very well be the Ride of your life!!!

Oh yeah: could you drop all of us a line afterwards by posting how it was for you under this thread you've started or in the Tripreports section? Most of us Shroom Veterans just LOVE to read newbie FirstTime tripreports!

"May the Force be with You..."

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekaz
DoSeR

Re: first trip help. [Re: Asante]
    #577994 - 03/13/02 03:55 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

trip report:
shrooms:PF classic
grams(dry):1
trip level:??

1:00pm got out of bed.smoked some weed. 2:15pm first thing i have eatin all day, 1g and a pepis. 2:45pm funny,funny,funny.hands are sweaty as hell. Bright colors. Tracers. Haloin
3:45pm peaking just befor we went to nelsons'(grocery store) i couldn't stop laughing and all the ppl were lookin at me. when we got back my friend started to have a bad trip because his wife had to go to work at like 4:45 so i help him out and i couldn't get in to the trip all that much.(he has 6 kids too) but i could fell it tell 10:00 that night.and i did not see any eyes closed things

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#578493 - 03/14/02 05:27 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Hey KAZ:

Sounds like you've had a good enough Trip! Even helped a friend your first time out... great man!
It's pretty likely the quality of your Trips'll improve over time: that's what usually happens. Since you didn't mention getting bored or that the force of the blast pulled your eyelids shut I'd say it was around the dose which was rite.

Usually your visuals are "Abstract" in your first Trips and then the Symbolic stuff swoops down on you. Study & Experience: it'll only enhance what you'll get out of it. BTW: Please don't walk the streets whilst Tripping: should you act weird a cop could completely ruin your future plans...

Welcome to Shroomland!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag