Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBobVilla1
Stranger
Hunting in the Pacific NW right now?
    #5741693 - 06/12/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yoyo people-

I live in Northern Oregon and was wondering if anyone here might be located in the PNW as well and know if it is a good time to go hunting right now in June. Weather has been a bit cooler than usual and a bit rainier.

I went on a hunt last October in the same kinds of conditions- 60s/70s, rainy/overcast during the days, cools off a bit at nights- and it yielded *spectacular* results. Looking for cyans or azures. Anyone have any luck hunting up here lately? Anyone up here with some more knowledge of good picking spots care to organize a trip? (I know a few *good* ones).

Lemme know,

BobVilla

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: BobVilla1]
    #5742118 - 06/12/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

u already know the answer to this question.

come on

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: ihaveacow]
    #5742364 - 06/12/06 03:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Gonna havta wait till fall again with those ones but right now is optimal time for SUBBs (Panaeolus subbalteatus) are exploding everywhere in lawns, hay, and places where manure occurs especially with hay like stables etc....

Havent used it completely myself but go to the post search at the top this page and type in SUBBs for instance or the species I gave you or Azurescens or Cyanescens and after that combine Oregon at the end of those species name with your search see if any different results pop up........type under "newer than" ...10 years to go back for the search and also just review back the prior posts below yours on the board right now.......you can spot some for SUBBs right now.......blow your mind whats on the search above and simple to use.......SUBBs are all around you right now in Oregon.....

heres some for SUBBs
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5709105/an/0/page/0

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5716832/an/0/page/1

EDIT: Not worth pickin ???....I can buy Oysters at the corner market
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5720035

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5722668/an/0/page/0

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (06/12/06 06:03 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: shroominDole]
    #5742690 - 06/12/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Bl;ue ringers are growing right now with rain from Bandon Oregon to British columbia. Look in new lawns at condos and apartments and restaurants in urban areas.

P. azurescens are a coastal mushroom in Astoria and Hammond area. They co0me up in the late fall from November through Dec.

P. cyanescens from Octber through Dec if there is no freeze.

Blue ringers are two specioes common on lawns, P. stuntzii and P. fimetaria, and also P. sierrae all on lawns now till the winter, and in mulch after september

mj

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

61 species id,ed and more than 4000 photographs of shrooms, all enlarge to 8" high images

mj

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: shroominDole]
    #5742745 - 06/12/06 05:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Pan subs are out, but not worth picking, imo. It's great for edibles now in the PNW. We've been getting a ton of oysters, and yesterday mrs rabbit came home jumping up and down with a big ol bag full of pink oysters. I cloned those babies, so now have a really neat pink/red oyster. It's redder than the pink oysters in circulation. The first pic is golden oysters from last week, also cloned, and the pink ones are from yesterday.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineBobVilla1
Stranger
Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5743031 - 06/12/06 06:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I don't waste my time with weak pans-- they're everywhere but not really worth taking IMO. I'm looking *specifically* for cyans and azures in the coastal range and inland (for cyans at least).

How's pickin in Tillamook, Pacific City and other cities along the Northern Coast? Any status report is *much appreciated.*

BTW: Anyone know if there's any cyans growing in Forest Park in Portland? Or anywhere in PDX for that matter?

-BobV

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #5743308 - 06/12/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As mj told you above, the azures and cyans won't be out until after the first really cold, rainy spell in fall. Azures will be on the coast. I've found azures as far south as Newport, but the next year there were none in the same area.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5744587 - 06/13/06 12:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BobVilla1 said:
Looking for cyans or azures. Anyone have any luck hunting up here lately?

Quote:

shroominDole said:
Gonna havta wait till fall again with those ones but right now is optimal time for SUBBs (Panaeolus subbalteatus) are exploding everywhere".................................................................... "SUBBs are all around you right now in Oregon........"

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
P. azurescens are a coastal mushroom in Astoria and Hammond area. They co0me up in the late fall from November through Dec.

P. cyanescens from Octber through Dec if there is no freeze.

Quote:

BobVilla1 said:
I don't waste my time ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
with weak pans-- they're everywhere but not really worth taking IMO. I'm looking *specifically* for cyans and azures in the coastal range and inland (for cyans at least

How's pickin in Tillamook, Pacific City and other cities along the Northern Coast? Any status report is *much appreciated.*

BTW: Anyone know if there's any cyans growing in Forest Park in Portland? Or anywhere ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? in PDX for that matter?

-BobV

Quote:

shroominDole said :
"......... go to the post search at the top this page and type"......................."or Azurescens or Cyanescens and after that combine Oregon at the end of those species name with your search see if.......

EDIT: Your questions are against the rules now I see why..........??????
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

Bob Villa got sued for millions of dollars cause when he sold his house here in Malibu nothing worked and refused to fixed it.......???????????????????

--------------------
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (06/13/06 01:39 AM)

OfflineBobVilla1
Stranger
    #5760504 - 06/17/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey there RR-

I picked what I thought to be Oyster Mushrooms yesterday in Forest Park in Portland, OR. I had an identification guide and everything matched up. They were growing on a felled, decaying Cottonwood tree.
I ate some right off the tree and then, about a half an hour later I got really queasy and my stomach felt increasingly upset. The naseous feeling subsided after about an hour but came back throughout the night until I eventually felt *very* sick by like 1 a.m. in the morning-- I felt very feverish/hot, flushed skin, feet and extremities felt cold, bad headache and stomach-ache. I feel OK today, just a little tired and "dry" feeling- can you shed some light on what might have happened here? To my knowledge, there are not many poisonous mushrooms in the polypore family so I am a bit confused about my body's reaction to an edible mushroom.

Thanks,

BobV

OfflineBobVilla1
Stranger
    #5760510 - 06/17/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Whoops, sorry about the location(s) and breaking some rules...won't happen again!

-BobV

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #5760555 - 06/17/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oyster mushrooms are not a polypore. They are a gilled mushroom. Be sure about your IDs in the future before you eat anything.

-DD

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5760663 - 06/17/06 01:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Your post is kind of confusing, you say picked oysters and then mention polypores. :confused:

Perhaps you made a mistake. Hopefully you didn't confuse it for something poisonous... if so, it might be a good idea to save some specimens in a paper bag and bring them with you while you go seek poisoning treatment.

As far as eating edibles raw goes, it's not good practice. Even while some mushrooms are edible, they can cause stomach upset, or other problems if not cooked properly.

Another thing to consider is that some people can be allergic to certain species.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting in the Pacific NW right now? [Re: didjin_d]
    #5760667 - 06/17/06 01:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good general rule of thumb is cook your shrooms especially if a new species or variety for you........and only eat enough (very small amount) to see if you like it for the first time then eat more if you didnt die and they tasted OK.....some people cant even eat the typical supermarket shroom unless cooked having same symtoms you experienced and there are MANY.....'Oyster Mushroom' lookalikes which can possibly kill you so you want to be extremely cautious on that. There are also many mushrooms which MUST be cooked or will put you in the hospital or worse because of chemicals like MMH for example in the highly sought after and eaten 'MORELS' Morchella and its related counterparts Helvella, and Gyromytra which MUST ALWAYS BE THOUROUGHLY COMPLETELY COOKED or end up in an ambulance possibly.

Be Sure of Your Identifications with those Oysters...
Oysters can be EXTREMELY variable in how good or bad they taste from one log to another.

--------------------
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale