Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
contam cakes...
    #5758441 - 06/16/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My friend has a few minorly contaminated cakes, I have a lot of horsepoo piles, hay and whatnot The contamination isn't that bad just on the corner of a few cakes. Could we cut the contaminated area off and use them for an outdoor grow (using the outdoor TEK) at my place?

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: contam cakes... [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #5758633 - 06/16/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

NO!!!! dont even try.

And further be careful when you toss them in the trash, if you see it,

Then there are millions of spores that you cant, and they like to spread, even on you so you could carry it back in your house :shocked:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #5758777 - 06/16/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I routinely toss my contaminated substrates outdoors to continue fruiting. Works pretty well.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: contam cakes... [Re: dog]
    #5758838 - 06/16/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well based on the second answer and information I got by reading a bunch of old threads and seeing other people's success, I've decided to give the contaminated cakes a chance outdoors. NOW my question is anybody with experience got a method for the 'best way to do this' should i just follow the outdoor grow tek, just bury a whole cake in poo, in soil, crumble it into poo and mix, any suggestions?

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
    #5758988 - 06/16/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Bro, people save contamed cakes all the time. It isnt recommended though. 1st of all, if you even open a contamed jar in your growspace or house you could contam everything inside. However, it can be done.
Here is a log of my 1st saved cake. It fruited well and is now working on its second flush. I think its going to have a huge pinset.
I simply noticed the contam early and cut it off. I even cut off some extra mycelium around the contam just to be safe. Then I rinsed it under cool water for about 20 minutes.
Here is the log

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5679863/page/2/fpart/all/vc/1/nt/2

I don't know if that link works but you can copy and paste it. Thanks.

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: contam cakes... [Re: HoleSnype]
    #5760255 - 06/17/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

should i do this is a shady spot or sunny spot if burying in horse poo?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder