Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: JackMehoff]
    #576324 - 03/11/02 10:33 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

so are you saying that these wil fit a 5 gallon bucket jack? i dont know the dimentions of a bcuket. either way those bells are rad!! they would make nice fruiting chambers themselves.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Loc: up your ass
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: Anonymous]
    #576332 - 03/11/02 10:42 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Being the genius and inventor that you are, you can't figure it out?

Surely this source or your super seceret source for the wonder domes are the only producers of these domes in the whole world.

Yes, one must surely buy a miracle bucket to get such a dome.

Never under estimate the gullability of the idiot element.

--------------------
BULLSHIT

OfflineGarret_Hill
Stranger
    #576349 - 03/11/02 10:58 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Yes people start a bizness and then there are those who pay and those who search for another way and play with the many options that are out there this is how things go to the next level just think about cars if no one tried to copy old henry ford we would all be driving fords and the quality of cars would suck cause it the only option we would have henery had a great idea that only got better and people like me made the BMW's bentlys jags possible by turning up the heat. Mr.Pod I admire your work thank you for the idea just know everyone that has a cool product in any feild of work deals with this thats why they have things like patents,copyrights etc........

OfflineGarret_Hill
Stranger
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: pleezr]
    #576351 - 03/11/02 11:00 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

If you have used napster or morphus then that makes you just as guilty.

OfflineGarret_Hill
Stranger
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: Garret_Hill]
    #576357 - 03/11/02 11:05 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

an example was in high school a kid was making fake ids everyone was dishing out cash for these "great kick ass ids" I said fuck paying for it and looked into it myself only to find a way to make an id ten times better and I had to pay nothing for it cause I made after that I had the "great kick ass ids" for half the price and free to my friends.

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: Garret_Hill]
    #576359 - 03/11/02 11:08 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

excellent. I want some "great kick ass ids" I would really appreciate it if could pm me instructions on how to do this or send me a link. If not I'll have to call up my friend.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

#576382 - 03/11/02 11:41 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Of the wonder domes listed, the "original victorian bell" (5/?17.99) may be a perfect fit for a 5 gallon bucket, notice the flared lip (you would want to measure and inquire before purchasing). This is only one source for these wonder domes, there are countless others, contrary to what McNARC would like you to believe.

You can build an identical wonder bucket for a fraction of the price of the bucket he sells. If you prefer to purchase a pre-fabricated system, there are many alternatives to his over priced 5 gallon bucket. You can find larger, cheaper systems even when paying high hydro-store prices.

For example:

http://www.ahl-hydroponics.com/phydrokits.html

"AHL offers four different starter kits, priced from just $49.99 to $99.99! These complete systems include rockwool starter cubes, hydroponic nutrient, pH test kit, pH Up, and pH Down. All AHL hydroponic systems have a two-year warranty against parts and/or workmanship defects."

http://goldcoasthydro.com/

AERO BUCKET SYSTEM $47.95
Aero Bucket Systems include: Module, Air Pump, Ceramic Rock.

EBB AND FLOW 2?x 2? SYSTEMS $130.00
Both the 2?x 2? and the 2?x 4? Ebb and Flow models include: Submersible Pump, Reservoir and cover, Timer, Six-inch Humidity Dome and Bench.

EBB AND FLOW 2?x 4? SYSTEMS $185.00

These may or may not require slight and inexpensive modifications to convert to miracle bucket status. All of these will no doubt prove to be equal if not superior products when compared to the miracle bucket. All for costs comparable or less than the miracle bucket.

There are countless such examples that anyone can track down in a matter of minuts. Or you can be sucked in by McNARC and pay him $200 for a 5 gallon bucket. And hope he doesn't ever take it upon himself to turn your address over to the LEO.

--------------------
BULLSHIT

Anonymous

#576668 - 03/12/02 08:53 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Jackmehoff

Look at those fuckin contraptions, dude. You tryin to jack me off?

Leaf

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: JackMehoff]
    #576793 - 03/12/02 11:10 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #576797 - 03/12/02 11:15 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

Mcman thats the kinda shit that pisses people off. Myself if I wanted a pod I d buy one from you, but I have no need for one. Why would you not just post something like hey Jack those domes dont work and here is where I buy the ones that do work. If a guy wants to build a pod why not help them source the parts?

--------------------

Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: Kindnug]
    #576963 - 03/12/02 02:03 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

And they say it's impossible to suck your own dick.
I used to respect you McMan. Even stuck up 4 your ass a few times.

OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: them_26]
    #577054 - 03/12/02 03:34 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I'm not McMan, or whatever you guys keep calling Mycotek service. Do you think you all are cool because you can call him by his old name? It's really not very impressive, I really don't know who you were talking to in this but if it was me then you are mistaken in thinking it is Mycotek Service, I am simply a relatively new grower who is having enourmous success with the pods. So I know the pods, do any of you guys who keep ripping them know them? Shit for all of your negative views of it I bet not a single one of you has ever even seen one in person, much less used one. You've got Jackmeoff posting all of these PLANT hydro systems (implying that with simple modifications it will be miraculously be turned from a plant growing system to a fungus growing one), which may very well work with some modifications..... But then again it may not turn out as good as a pod no matter what you do, and then you are out around half of the price of a pod or more. I think it is important to point out that none of you guys making suggestions of how to make your own "miracle bucket", have ever used the stuff you are looking up. Really; it is not that impressive to me that Jack can do a simple search on "cheap hydro systems", and then pull off a few pictures. Oh yeah, and no it is not impossible to suck your own dick.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #577071 - 03/12/02 03:51 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

At first the thought of using a plant hrdro unit for fungus instead of plants seemed awkward to me too. Then I realized that most off those "flow" units are used for cuttings/clones to root in. Interesting, when you set cuttings in a container they DO need about 100% humidity untill long roots emerge. So, on the face of it, it seems to me that these units are a great place to start.

As far as all of the talk about the plastic dome meeting an exact fit.. so what if it isnt? After years of making home-made pipes and bongs I can tell ya that there are many ways of getting two diferent sized pieces of hardware to fit tightly. Things like Silicon glue, rubber/plastic gaskets etc.. can easily help thengs fit tight.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #577090 - 03/12/02 04:20 PM (22 years, 12 days ago)

What's the facination with the bucket.

It's a container...It holds things.

What about the innards? Thermostat, humidistat (humid-o-meter?) heater, vaporizer,air pump? Stuff like that seems far more important than trying to make something thats looks just like a hydro-pod.

Hell if you get everything else working, just put another bucket over a bucket and cut the bottom out of the top bucket and cover it with clear plastic and call it a "Ghetto-pod".

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePhenix
Stranger
    #577356 - 03/12/02 08:34 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

How the hell do I get a pod? I've thrown down so much money for the PF-Tek just to make that thing work. I wouldn't mind spending 2x taht for a pod.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #577427 - 03/12/02 10:12 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

McMan (as many of the shroomerites from more then 6 months ago know him as) changed his name to mycotek-service not that long ago, many of us remember him as and associate him with the name Mcman....either way he's still the same person new name or not.

Well Kindnug not too long ago Mcman(mycotek) had a little note saying that the advanced pod could be used as a mini hydro system to grow plants (although it seems it has been removed recently).......This would mean that there is not a major difference between an ebb & flow hydroponic system and the hydro-pod.......PLUS there is a grow log in process in the picture forum involving a similar system to the pod (designed for hydroponic plant use) being used for the cultivation of mushrooms!!!! I beleive there weren't any major modifications to the hydro system except the addition of a bowl to the top to emulate the pods dome......if this system were tweaked a bit it could be better geared towards fungus, more on level with the pod......

Again I don't think the pod is horrible invention and that Mcman is bastard scheister....not at all....mc has many good ideas and contributes a lot to the community (exceptions do exist but have been covered to the point of redundency), I just think the pods are a bit expensive and a tad overpriced. If I could get a used one in working condition I might consider giving it a good home, but I have yet to see anything impressive enough from the pod to warrant me spending that kind of money.....

And in the past, around the time of the Pod's release, many people tried emulating the pod, some to the point of cloning it with mcman's help.....but untill recently as the pod grew in popularity among newbies, not much was known on how it functioned. Perhaps other vendors could come up with a similar ebb & flow system, and create some competition to bring down the prices and up the functionality of these things.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #577440 - 03/12/02 10:26 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #577499 - 03/12/02 11:42 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

What a debate going on here.....the Hydro-Pod and the Aqua Farm mentioned above are good systems, and as with any system has room for improvement....McMan has done a good job of doing this with the Hydro-Pod and has a product that does what it supposed to do. I am making my own "Farm" simple because I have the ability, some people don't....If I felt that I needed one and could afford one I'm sure I would buy one. McMan is just providing a service like any good and decent Capitalist Vender, I'm sure if anyone else had the oppourtunity to sell a product they created or improvised they would.
CASH RULES.....for the most part I don't do cakes much anymore and cannot justify buying a Hydro Pod......but I have all the parts to make a system almost as good,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ; }

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #577541 - 03/13/02 12:41 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

I like to hear people tell it like it is w/o all the unnecessary flaming that often comes with it.

I appreciate that!

In reply to:

mc has many good ideas and contributes a lot to the community (exceptions do exist but have been covered to the point of redundency)

All unnecessary flaming and redundancy aside, there was an exception or two now that I think of it wasn't there. Like the photo manipulation thing. The lies. The attempted blackmail of several members/vendors here. The threats of haveing one spore/culture vendor busted by placeing a culture order and haveing it sent to the LEO. Just little things like this here and there.

Insignificant little things like these don't matter much when you consider his many good ideas and contributions to the community.

--------------------
BULLSHIT

OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Re: Hydro-pod blueprints how to make a hydro-pod [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #577559 - 03/13/02 12:57 AM (22 years, 11 days ago)

I agree with everything in your post Shaggs, like I said I too thought that this thing is way overpriced for a bucket. For some unexpainable reason I bought one anyway kind of just to try, and I'm hooked. Without the pod I am sure that I still would not yet be growing, I guess the single overwhelming reason I bought it was the ease of use. It's very cool for beginners like me to be able to watch everything happen too, from primordia to pinning. It's so touchy feely how you can move the cakes around to create space, make adjustments to other shit. Very easy to pick aborts as well as the big guys because you can just take the cakes out and gently hold while you twist. And yeah he's told me about growing regular plants and other stuff in it (I'll be trying Salvia divinorum this summer);you are very right in saying that it is close to many of the cutting and cloning hydro systems. The air entrainment may still be a slight problem, but then again maybe not. I guess it probably just depends on the unit. I would love to hear if anyone has ever tried to use an ebb and flow system for shrooms, you would figure at least a few people have tried it. It may very well work, and one of those big units could sure turn out the mushrooms if you had a house with a basement to put it in out of the way. And in regards to your earlier post, I can't say that I won't sell an o now and then to a close friend. Hell a few of these pods might as well pay for themselves right? The point I was trying to get across was simply that I didn't care about the money, I just want to have great shrooms (many different kinds too) that I can say I grew. It is a good feeling, and one that I might not have had for a few more years without the Hydrapod system. That is cool what you said about giving a used pod a home, sometimes I just wish there were a few more experienced pod growers around to post too, so it doesn't always look like Mycotek vs. the Shroomery forums or mycotek and newbie poddies vs. experienced but antisocial and cheap growers. The grow log with the Aquafarm is indeed impressive, especially when considering there were no modifications done to it besides the top. Maybe with a dome and some duck tape stolen off that old shitty Graffix you haven't puffed in 2 years it would be even better. Can't wait to see the second and hopefully third flushes, if you all want I can start another pod grow log in the picture forum to look at. You're right, maybe by the time Mycotek has sold a couple of hundred the price will start coming down, there definitely isn't very many fungus grow systems out there!!! A good way to create some competition for mycotek service and the pod is for one of these syringe suppliers that's making bank off of the newbies to research and market a retrofit kit for one of these hydro units, either the ebb and flow system or the Aquafarm..... It would take a year maybe to do all the research necessary to try to find the ideal size (cropping surface vs. total cubic area) and necesarry modifications, but in the end I'm sure they could get you something pretty damn nice for between $80-$140 total with modifications and shipping (which is expensive for mycotek too). Any takes PF? They haven't done shit in forever, damn they still only sell 1 strain of syringe I think. Anyways, hope there's no hard feelings and I'm really glad to be here, sorry if I pissed anybody off. I just broke my heel (sheared the cup of my heel clean off) last week and have been in a lot of pain (still am actually, fucking nerve damage). And me I don't like to take prescription painkillers, I just drink and smoke more buddha when I'm broken or hurt. So again, sorry if I have been a pain in anybody's ass during the last week or so, far too much time on my hands.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules