Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemightyjoepipe
stoner

Loc: ontario Canada
alcohol instead of water!!!
    #5753368 - 06/15/06 12:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

has anyone ever had success with using 90-100% pure alchool fro growing shrooms instead of water and would it work? and as a boost in potency is there any mixtures that i can use to add with the water for more potency such as using alcohol if that would work or do anything at all?

--------------------
my name is joe!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: mightyjoepipe]
    #5753380 - 06/15/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Try It!

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #5753384 - 06/15/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

alcohol would kill the spores in a very short time

InvisibleMezcal
    #5753404 - 06/15/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what made you think to use alcohol?

Offlinekranked
it'smushtastic!!

Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: Mezcal]
    #5753412 - 06/15/06 12:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Notice how almost every living organism upon this planet is made up of largely water? Living things need water to grow and to survive, alcohol really isn't a substitute for water. Feel free to correct me If i'm wrong.

--------------------
"When it went off in New Mexico, that first atomic bomb, we thought of Alfred Nobel and his hope, his vain hope, that dynamite would put an end to all war"

-Robert Oppenheimer 1945

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: kranked]
    #5753443 - 06/15/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

......ahaha hahahHAHA

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Offlinemightyjoepipe
stoner

Loc: ontario Canada
Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5753449 - 06/15/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

sounds fun but more than likely the alchool seems to me that it would be contaminated right away and probrably would kill thwe spores..althought im not 100% sure cause its never been tryed to my knowledge but sounds pretty cool thought.i was just wondering as an additive in potency or a weird buzz combo would be great! lol

--------------------
my name is joe!!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5753460 - 06/15/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mightyjoepipe said:
has anyone ever had success with using 90-100% pure alchool fro growing shrooms instead of water and would it work?

No and that's just stupid. That's like asking if you can use bleach to grow cannabis and whether or not it makes it more potent. It's a cleaning solution.

Quote:

and as a boost in potency is there any mixtures that i can use to add with the water for more potency such as using alcohol if that would work or do anything at all?

No. However this is something i've read in Adv. Cult. about adding chemicals to substrate to make it more potent. However, I'd just do that in the name of science, I wouldn't do it to make my roomies be more potent, that's what Cyans are for :smirk:

-Gnostic

Offlineke1n
Stranger
Male

Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5753908 - 06/15/06 02:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah man all alcohol would do is kill contams for a short while. you think shrooms would use alcohol as they do water?

--------------------

Everything that is posted, including pictures and text, are a result of fictional storytelling using images found online and/or created using the latest graphics software. I am a fictional writer who likes to explore the internet world.
------------------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: ke1n]
    #5753922 - 06/15/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

heh...

--------------------
"Where?

InvisibleJoeMama
Re: alcohol instead of water!!! [Re: SmokenBabyJesus]
    #5754638 - 06/15/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think that any sort of alcohol would be a bad idea. Rubbing alcohol would make your shrooms go blind and possibly kill them. Grain alcohol would get them really drunk and they might start fighting and talking shit amongst each other. (A few of them might end up puking on your casing therefore ruining it)
-Me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals