Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Can you wash them/Are they supposed to reek?
    #575348 - 03/10/02 10:00 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

I bought my first dosage of shrooms the other day. I haven't taken them yet.

Are they supposed to smell like rotting anus? Seriously, it is one of the worst smells I ever did smell. I figure it's because they're grown in manure and whatnot, and it got me thinking, if I'm supposed to be eating these, is it okay if I was them first? I'm worried that I might like wash off their psychedelic properties or something... I'm not exactly a scientist =)

So yeah, are they supposed to reek, and if so, is it okay to wash'em off before I chew?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Can you wash them/Are they supposed to reek? [Re: ]
    #575413 - 03/10/02 11:30 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

I have never had them smell that bad!
They smell earthy like dirt but not ASS!!!
If they smell that bad I don't thing I would eat them.

Now the taste is a different story I gag at the taste of them if I am ingesting them.

I would go get a refund and grow my own at that smell then you know what you are getting for sure

Anonymous

Re: Can you wash them/Are they supposed to reek? [Re: dimitri211]
    #575430 - 03/10/02 11:46 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Thanks for the reply, but can I wash them?

I'm sure the smell just comes from what they were grown in.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #575461 - 03/11/02 12:58 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

If they are completely dry there should be very little odor and certainly not a pungent disagreeable odor. If fresh or still have water present, they may very well be rotting due to bacteria. Eating contaminated shrooms can be quite dangerous. Make sure that they are OK before ingesting.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinejimmyvengeance
    #575462 - 03/11/02 12:59 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Don't wash them. The interesting things in them are water soluable and you'll probably lose some if you dunk 'em in water. Also, if you need to hear this, listen up: don't even THINK of washing them with anything you don't feel comfortable eating. If you're not a complete retard, disregard the last sentence (one never knows these days. :smile: ).

Anyhow, if these mushrooms smell truly, truly awful, don't eat them. If you're dead set on it, eat a SMALL (very, very small) amount and wait 48 hours. There is, of course, a slight chance that you don't have the correct type of fungi--if you have something poisonous, it could take a couple of days for symptoms to develop. If you don't get sick, and you simply must eat them, buy some gelcaps, grind up the mushrooms, and shove 'em in there. 

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #575644 - 03/11/02 08:02 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

The only time I have ever had "so rank smelling you wanna puke" shrooms they came from my friend who had left them in the fridge too long before drying. My guess is that you are smelling shroom rot from improper drying. Although I wouldn't bother with them now, I was a lot younger at the time and ate them. I don't remember having any problems, but again, it was a long time ago.

If you wash them, you will wash away some of the good stuff. There is also no guarantee that you will wash away the not-so-good stuff.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Can you wash them/Are they supposed to reek? [Re: Seuss]
    #577577 - 03/13/02 01:30 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

unless they're bone dry shrooms will start stinking pretty quickly in a sealed environment, eg a small ziplock baggie the like of which dealers like to use.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#577648 - 03/13/02 06:02 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Hey man: don't know how you know how a rotting anus smells, but to me the odor of fresh Cubies smells a bit like, well... Semen.
(Nono guys: ain't got some nasty STD or such...)

But seriously now! Shrooms should smell like MUSHROOMS, sometimes like Mushrooms you haven't smelled before, but Shrooms nontheless.
If you mean they smell like dung: throw 'em AWAY! Most dung contains all sorts of bacteria from E.Coli to Anthrax. It's perfectly OK to grow 'em in dung, but they may not reek of it nor show brown smears & such.
If they smell like they've gone bad: DUMP 'EM LIKE SHIT !!!
The smell of Rotting usually indicates BACTERIA (any grower'll tell you this) and if it's the wrong kind a spot the size of a pinhead may infect 1.000s of people.
Usually bacteria give you gas & liquid shit, but some really are dangerous.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Anonymous

#577790 - 03/13/02 10:05 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

Ass is bad enough, but Rotting asss - NO, I would say that was a rotten smell, and you shouid not injest. Change dealers, or grow your own.
Of the untold amount of shrooms I've eaten the worst they have ever smelled is like pork rinds, never like ass.
Grown on shit or not.
As for the washing question, I wouldn't wash a dried shroom cause its like a sponge, and it will suck up your water, and unless you have already set up an amount to eat, you'll never get true read, plus, if you dont eat them all, you have the added danger of them rotting, Again, in your case.
Sorry man, It is the concensus here you got a bum sale.

Never trust a drug dealer

OoD

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #579266 - 03/14/02 11:43 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

No way, mate. I reckon you got had. To me they smell like mushrooms, dried of fresh.

Don't eat those rotten whatevers. They could make you very sick.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Can you wash them/Are they supposed to reek? [Re: Asante]
    #579809 - 03/15/02 03:17 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

semen? i didnt know semen had a smell.....

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinetheperfectlizard
Stranger
    #580096 - 03/15/02 09:37 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

The first time i ever took mushrooms, i opened the bag and smelled it...and I thought it kinda smelled like chocolate (a really nasty smelling chocolate). Now after i've eaten mushrooms a few times, I smell them and still get the same smell...but it makes me sick just thinking about eating them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds