Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
I dont come around here much anymore but....
    #5752021 - 06/15/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It seems to me as this forum has gone to shit, people posting about finding cyanscens and semilanceata complety out of season and others bringing back posts that are 4 years old. What has this forum become?????

This has been a public awareness post from your old friend and pac northwest shroom gatherin fool. cardboard

--------------------
stay off my land

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: cardboard]
    #5752084 - 06/15/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, the board has recently become overwhelmed with fools.... if this continues I think it will not be long until the mods start cracking down hard.  I know I, for one, am losing patience.  :shake:

--------------------

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: CureCat]
    #5752098 - 06/15/06 12:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just found cyans up my ass, mang. Joo happy about that?

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #5752191 - 06/15/06 01:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cardboard said:
It seems to me as this forum has gone to shit

Shit, cardboard, you opened my eyes man. I'll never post here again.

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5752321 - 06/15/06 03:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I like the old posts.....and people down under are findin LIBs right now.....and they were probably findin Stunzii which can look almost identical to alot of people especially when the ring falls off....

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (06/15/06 03:56 AM)

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5752356 - 06/15/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

This same thing happens every year. I always see it get like this. It's very annoying at times, but there isn't much one can do about it, unless I go and ban everyone that makes a stupid post.

For the past 3-4 years I can remember posts of people claiming to have found something when it is totally out of season. I'm sure this happens every season on here.
The same thing even has happened before with posting pictures found on some mushroom site. It's just going to happen. Some people like to be assholes. What do you think should be done about it?

I don't know where you have been, but it seems like you usually only come around in the fall these days. If so, you miss a large % of the posts in here every year. It might be more helpful if you give suggestions rather than complaining. You can contact me or any of the other staff here anytime.

Most of this trouble has come from one specific poster - which probably will end up getting a ban, if he doesn't listen to the warnings.
Trolling up the forums, bumping old posts, posting bull shit, making several threads when someone doesn't respond to his right away. All of that is unacceptable.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5752372 - 06/15/06 04:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, the board has recently become overwhelmed with fools.... if this continues I think it will not be long until the mods start cracking down hard. I know I, for one, am losing patience.

I bet all of us have said that at some point. I know I have lost patience several times. I've been here so long that I'm used to it. Feel free to let us know if you have some suggestions, complaints, or comments.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: eris]
    #5752397 - 06/15/06 05:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Come on - I dont think its gone to shit. :laugh:

There's heaps of good people here, the thing is this part attracts all the "I found a mushroom, should I eat it?" just-joined-to-ask-this-question-then-leave crowd. None of the other forums get as much of this, but that's gotta be expected.

What about the amazing Capulerips finds that have been turning up all over the show or the huge amount of Subaeruginosa the Australians in particular have been finding. Its obviously not too good in the PNW at the mo, but I think there's been some good shit to look at. Look at the closed melbourne 2006 thread - pages and pages of high quality pics.
Also I have seen quite a few fantastic Newbie posts - correctly assembled with spore prints, great photos and full write up.

We also discovered though some brave volunteers another Non-psilocybe species is definately active(Waerora Novazelandae) - confirming the rumors.
I think its been pretty interesting, in particular I think the quality of people photo taking has been getting much better, you can see people are trying to take good photos for the rest of the board. Some fantastic pics lately!!!

:grin:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: Feelers]
    #5752400 - 06/15/06 05:26 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly.. you have to consider all of the good that has come out of this forum in the past year or so.

I think it has been more interesting in here lately than in many of the previous seasons.

Also, a lot of stuff goes on that many of you don't see, because we try to get rid of it ASAP. If this place was unmoderated, it would be so much worse.
I have closed and deleted several threads in the past few days and have been for a while.
If those posts were left in here or left open, the board would be all cluttered up with junk.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5752481 - 06/15/06 06:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

OK, "MisterShroomGuy" has been banned 2 weeks.

Anyone else who consistently trolls the forum up will get the same.

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5752485 - 06/15/06 06:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:smile:  I did not intend to come off as pessimistic, but I felt like acknowledging the recent surge of junk...  I have never been involved in a forum, specifically because I lose interest too quickly- yet I keep finding myself back here! 

It's nothing short of addicting.  In a good way.

It's quite a relief to hear that this is normal! ... I was afraid it might be the Hunting Forum apocalypse.  Hehehe    :wink:

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5752491 - 06/15/06 06:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The types like MisterShroomGuy come and go.. there is always going to be someone like DaveTX or MisterShroomGuy posting.

I know what you mean by addicting. There have been times when I say "Ah fuck this place, I'm leaving" to myself and log off. I always end up coming back the next day, or sooner. :grin:
Can't help it.

:shrug:

--------------------
The OG Thread Killer

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: shroominDole]
    #5752612 - 06/15/06 07:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Shroominddole said:
Quote:

I like the old posts.....and people down under are findin LIBs right now.....and they were probably findin Stunzii which can look almost identical to alot of people especially when the ring falls off....

Libs grow in Australia and New Zealand from April through June because that is the rainy season in Australia and New Zealand. And there are no blue ringers in New Zealand or in Australia.

They ara a PNW species which at times, depending in weather, can appear all year long here.

And most of all, the rings do not fall off of the blue ringers which are three species of Psilocybe ()P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria and P. sierrae), And no liberty caps re3ally resemble those three species, not even close, although thety have sdimilar characteristics which are predominant in the genera psilocybe.

Please read up on the species before you make such statements which become urrban legend for newbies who havev no idea what is growing.

Hi Cardboard, yes you are right about your post. I too very rarely come here too much anymore myself. Maybe ten to twenety minutes a day instead of the three to five hours a day I use to spend here when I was a mod.

People are posting finding cynas in San Francisco in April and May and I really doubt the majority of and/or all such posts by those who say they are finding them. No one really has found any past January/February, at least in Washington and Oregon.

Nice to hear form you and know you are around. How are things in Bellinham?

mj

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: I dont come around here much anymore but.... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5752678 - 06/15/06 08:06 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, I guess if I posted more you guys would know to not take much that I say too seriously. Just trying to dredge up some responses and see who was around and whatnot. Hunting forum is what it has always been and will always be. MJ! Life is good man, what a great wet spring we have had. Found some Ps. stunzii growing in a 1 gallon nursery plant (Festuca idahoense) and morels on the job growing from beauty bark. Hows things going for you man?

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5752712 - 06/15/06 08:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

HI Cardboard,

WEll I am getting eready to go to Thailand by myself for a prequel to the fall excursion. Need to collect prints.

I have a new article at the mj shroom site on a newly discovered species at Angkor Wat.

Also found a small collection of P. samuiensis there.

When you have a chancve visit the site, a lot of new things there. Shroomstalkers is one. http://www.mushroomjohn.com/shroomstalkers1.htm and check out my furry friends page 5 and 6, all new.

Also new cambodian pages form last year and copes and cubes section in the species ID carried about 400 new images from last fall.

Also check out the cultivation section for some of my images from Tiel, NEderlands of the Fresh Mushrooms Farm. They gorw 2,000 kilos a week for the Dutch Market

Have a shroomy day,

check your pm messages

mj

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #5752727 - 06/15/06 08:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i would personally like to see some cube finds
i guess its still a tad bit early in the season
i checked my fields and the mycelium is on its way
so it shouldnt be too long now...

if the cubensis were growing good then the forum would be even better
i dont think the forum is as bad as it could be
last year i loved this forum now im jus pretty much waiting 4 my fields so i can make this foum my favorite once again..

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5752754 - 06/15/06 08:36 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said :
"And there are no blue ringers in New Zealand or in Australia. "

"rings do not fall off"

"Please read up on the species before you make such statements which become urrban legend for newbies who havev no idea what is growing."

Please READ up on the original POST and my REPLY before you make such statements which become urrban legend for newbies who havev no idea what is growing........ I never stated that Stuntzii grew in Austrailia......YOU did.....if you would have READ my reply that you yourself put in quotes you would see this......only you made that inferrence......and if you would have READ the original POST you would have that realized that the mushrooms were picked in WASHINGTON which is in the U.S.......NOT Austrailia.

And as I have typed many times here RINGS DO FALL OFF.......simple law of physics and many senerios possible including grabbing a mushroom by the annular area like so many do immediately obliterating it to rough transport of a mushroom or if other mushrooms together combined with a rough ride, etc......this is not a comment to Stuntzii but any ringed mushroom like Amanitas where most of my comments toward this have been placed where so much value can be placed on the presence of a ring for delineating look alike species one being a prized edible......the other DEADLY!
So your "urban legend" that "rings dont fall off " is one I have always fought against in the field and many times here.....please dont perpetuate it......

--------------------
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5752778 - 06/15/06 08:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ShroominDole said, and I quote:
Quote:

Sure sounds to me like you said, "And people down under are finding LIBS right now....and they were probably finding Stuntzii's"

The way it reads you were talking about liberty caps in Australia. That was the post by you I responded to.

And yes, I know Cardboard is int he US in the north of Washington State. I have known him here for 6 years. Your response makes it sould like you referred to stuntzii's as growing down under.

And your comment does suggest that stuntzii rings fall off.

Not about rings falling off on other shrooms.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5752810 - 06/15/06 08:57 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

And yuu said in your last post;
Quote:

simple law of physics and many senerios possible including grabbing a mushroom by the annular area like so many do

The majority of shroom pickers and that also includes edible shroom pickers do not pick up the mushroom from where a ring is.

basically there are only a few Psilocybes with a ring. And the majority of shroom pickers pick their shrooms from the base of the stem, not at the top of the stem where the veil remnants are. They want a whole mushroom. Many shrooms can break into pieces when colledted from near the cap where the annulus is.
Species such as Copelandias and Conocybe cyanopus are3 thin stalked shrooms but have no veil rembnants present. They do not have rings.

P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria, P. sierrae, all in the PNW have rings.

P. caerulipes had a veil remnant. There are two hundred mushrooms which contain psilocine and psilocybine and only a few have a ring.

And blue ringers always retain their rings. They do not peel off. Cube rings do fall off but then thaat is only one of two species which includes P. subcubensis

I have collected for over thirty years both edible and actives. I know how people pick their shrooms.

mj

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5753299 - 06/15/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cardboard said:
people posting about finding cyanscens complety out of season

just that quote demonstrates we were probably not speaking about Austrailia as Cyanescens is not known to occur there yet and if it did It would be in season. Cardboards comments and my analogy to Stunzii sometimes looking similiar and a possibility was referring to what was thought to be Cyanescens found in Washington state on another thread where I also mentioned Stunzii as possible because of its similarities and if they didnt realize they werent finding Cyanescens they also might not realize that it doesnt have a ring and have been picking Stunzii as suggested. Let alone the expertise to properly pick a mushroom with proper etiquet (spell check !! )

Quote:

The majority of shroom pickers and that also includes edible shroom pickers do not pick up the mushroom from where a ring is.

The majority of pickers here and possibly even the original poster come to this board with 1, 2, 3, posts and by there questiones have never picked and eaten a mushroom off the ground (or other things) in there life let alone know what a ring is and proper mushroom picking manners......Ive have seen many postings here for ID where the rings had been obliterated where there should have been one....for the most part from what Ive seen over the years collecting by most are search and destroy and get out at all costs as covertly as possible without getting caught.....not a lot of room for extereme care in these situations.....even with edible pickers as you mentioned......the only care I' ve seen with edible commercial picking is when they're trying to preserve a potential #2 status for a Matsi or an Edulis cause it means money. Just spend 5 mins. on the commercial pickers board where alls you here are the buyers complaining bout the lack of care with which the
pickers exhibit with their catch......tho not always but usually warranted

And I have never seen a species with a persistant annulus that hasnt occasionally exhibited examples of an annulus which has been malformed . Its never 100 % in vivo for any species.
I have seen Stunzii more times than I can count where the ring has dissappeared in VIVO.

Quote:

"blue ringers always retain their rings. They do not peel off.

So has Paul Stamets and others.....
This is from PMOTW.........

Psilocybe stuntzii

" Partial veil thinly membranous "..........."leaving a fragile annulus as the cap expands, which soon deteriorates into a fairly persistant ANNULAR ZONE end quote.

Translated that means bye bye ring.

Urban legend ???????

--------------------
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5753422 - 06/15/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

There are numerous mistakles in pauls books, both of them, including his identification of my mushroom Psilocybe samuiensis Guzman, bandala and Allen which he identified as psilocybe samuiensis Allen, Merlibn and Gartz. He also has erros in some of his Panaeolus iodentificati9opns and others throughout the book.

But I really do w not want to dabble in minor points of issue.

One more comment about the Cardboard post. There are many people who come here foprm Feb, march april, may and post they are picking liberty caps in the usa. That is what Cardboard was referring to.

Then you posted the comments they were coming up in Australia and he was not referring to Austrlaia, although both you and I mentioned Australia.

The veil remnants on blue ringers are referred to as ringers, rings around the stem. That is the size they get and they are at times blue or not blue on the rings.

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

#5754668 - 06/15/06 06:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eris said:
OK, "MisterShroomGuy" has been banned 2 weeks.

Thank you.

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder