Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Everyone's a Buddha.
    #5742499 - 06/12/06 06:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I prayed on this one the other day. Asked to be allowed to see this.

So everyone is a Buddha. You say no they aren't, that can't be.... everyone is stupid.

Well okay, then the next person, let's say Chuck Norris, you meet is a stupid person.

So then you meet Chuck Norris and you judge him as somehow not holy or a good person. You get roundhouse kicked. (I do not find Chuck Norris jokes all that cool but hey whatever).

Wouldn't it be better if everyone was a Buddha? So you say, well wait, I guess everyone is a Buddha and they just have lessons for me to learn? The cynic says bullshit, and he goes to have his ass kicked by Chuck Norris.

But now you aren't the cynic. You run into Chuck Norris, and even if he was in an ass-kicking mood, because you look into him and see what he himself might not even be aware of (his Buddha nature aka inherent divinity) do you really think this encounter will yield you an ass kicking.

Do you ever wonder why monks are so polite and completely kind no matter the circumstances?

The picture is much bigger than Chuck Norris. If everyone is stupid you are going to run into only stupid people. If everyone is a Buddha you are going to run into only Buddhas. The long term result of this lifetime philosophy is YOU and YOUR LIFE and is it one of complete pessimism and negativity? Then that's what you get. Pessimism and negativity. You were right, everyone is stupid.

Or is it a life where you aspire to find the Buddha in all? Then welcome to the Pure Land.

I pray that I and all who read this and even those I'm not reffering to now realize this truth so that we may all put it into action gracefully.

The other way of looking at it, which is also true... is that everyone you run into is you.

And this is false too if you choose for it to be, but what rewards does that have to reap?

Or perhaps everyone is your mother, father, sister, brother, daughter? That is also true.

Namaste.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum11&Number=5734181&page=0&fpart=1

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/12/06 06:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Everyone's a Buddha. [Re: leery11]
    #5742709 - 06/12/06 07:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Great thoughts, it is inspiring to here you personally express them as you have. Realization is an amazing thing, and it is cool that you have realized this and expressed it in a manner that demonstrates that you have really realized it. :wink:

Its true, as well. The manner in which you regard another individual you encounter determines how you will behave in interacting with that individual. It is through interaction that we further develop and change. If you see potential in others, their Buddha nature, or however it is that you wish to represent it, that is what you respond to.

You observe who they are now, how it is that they are behaving. You realize that they, as you, and everyone else, are on the same path to higher consciousness. If you know the destination and where they are at now, you know what they need to get there, and you interact with them in the appropriate manner that will encourage them to do the growing that they need.

Isn't this what it means to be a teacher? Not only that, but what it is to be a student as well, because, in teaching, one learns. We are all helping each other in the path to enlightenment. :grin:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Everyone's a Buddha. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5744778 - 06/13/06 03:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't be a stranger, now, you hear?

I'm in.

:smile:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

#5744819 - 06/13/06 04:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It really is a wonderful realization isnt it? Prior to it I was very shy and fearful of others, now I enjoy conversation. I find myself having to remind myself of it sometimes though, I can be very preachy and dogmatic and I feel that I need to resist that.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: Everyone's a Buddha. [Re: Andy21]
    #5744821 - 06/13/06 05:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ditto, Andy.

However; resistance is futile.

Try to reflect upon why you become preachy and dogmatic, when it occurs. Try to preach to yourself, perhaps you're the one needing to know what you preach. :smile:

Thats what I do. In all aspects of life.

I try. (shut up, y0da-fans. Yoda is a pseudonym for Rabbi, and Jedi for Jew, and if I have to tell you more, you're really not on my wavelength. If someone screams out anti-semite now, I wish to die, this paranthesis isn't important, allthough far too long, and if you feel very important-like and want to reply to it: then don't, I allready know what you're going to say. Don't ask me what.)

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #5744873 - 06/13/06 06:15 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Noone's a buddha. Just like everywhere is nowhere.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5744890 - 06/13/06 06:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:heart:
:inlove:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5745113 - 06/13/06 10:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
I prayed on this one the other day. Asked to be allowed to see this.

So everyone is a Buddha. You say no they aren't, that can't be.... everyone is stupid.

Well okay, then the next person, let's say Chuck Norris, you meet is a stupid person.

So then you meet Chuck Norris and you judge him as somehow not holy or a good person. You get roundhouse kicked. (I do not find Chuck Norris jokes all that cool but hey whatever).

Wouldn't it be better if everyone was a Buddha? So you say, well wait, I guess everyone is a Buddha and they just have lessons for me to learn? The cynic says bullshit, and he goes to have his ass kicked by Chuck Norris.

But now you aren't the cynic. You run into Chuck Norris, and even if he was in an ass-kicking mood, because you look into him and see what he himself might not even be aware of (his Buddha nature aka inherent divinity) do you really think this encounter will yield you an ass kicking.

Do you ever wonder why monks are so polite and completely kind no matter the circumstances?

The picture is much bigger than Chuck Norris. If everyone is stupid you are going to run into only stupid people. If everyone is a Buddha you are going to run into only Buddhas. The long term result of this lifetime philosophy is YOU and YOUR LIFE and is it one of complete pessimism and negativity? Then that's what you get. Pessimism and negativity. You were right, everyone is stupid.

Or is it a life where you aspire to find the Buddha in all? Then welcome to the Pure Land.

I pray that I and all who read this and even those I'm not reffering to now realize this truth so that we may all put it into action gracefully.

The other way of looking at it, which is also true... is that everyone you run into is you.

And this is false too if you choose for it to be, but what rewards does that have to reap?

Or perhaps everyone is your mother, father, sister, brother, daughter? That is also true.

Namaste.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum11&Number=5734181&page=0&fpart=1

What if everyone were everything? Then we could end this black and white argument once and for all.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Everyone's a Buddha. [Re: Icelander]
    #5745115 - 06/13/06 10:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

how can everyone not be everything?

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5745435 - 06/13/06 01:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

That's what I just said. So no need for your question really. We have the so called Buddha nature and everything else also. It's just a matter of what's being expressed at the moment.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5745456 - 06/13/06 01:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I agree.

I find it best in my mind to just go ahead and accept that nature so that you can have the best reality imaginable.

I have not really worked enough on putting it into play. Though I know one person who seems like he is enlightened.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/13/06 01:33 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5745494 - 06/13/06 01:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:It doesn't matter really. Everything you do and experience most likely is absolutely necessary and perfect for what you are doing here. The good, the bad, and the ugly, is part of the pefection of Tao. To perfer another state then one you are in is not beneficial unless you fully accept your present state and are willing to remain in it as long as necessary.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5745501 - 06/13/06 01:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

but the present state is formless.

If a person, having realized the merits of kinder and gentler and more peaceful living.... were to still go ahead and do all the things that make him who he used to be.....

when he has a choice to make the effort to see beauty in everyone he encounters...

that would be rather fruitless.

Now you are right, everything is here for us to learn form, but we can change to better teachers if we are willing to listen and stop being stubborn.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5745517 - 06/13/06 01:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If a person, having realized the merits of kinder and gentler and more peaceful living.... were to still go ahead and do all the things that make him who he used to be.....

This would be impossible if someone had actually realized these things. The fact that someone would do all the things they used to do means only that they still need that experience of life.

You always have choice and what you do reflects your choosing.

I am not especially interested in being a teacher. I am interested in being taught by my experiences.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5746368 - 06/13/06 06:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

This would be impossible if someone had actually realized these things. The fact that someone would do all the things they used to do means only that they still need that experience of life.

You always have choice and what you do reflects your choosing.

I am not especially interested in being a teacher. I am interested in being taught by my experiences.

this is true.

--------------------

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

#5748341 - 06/14/06 04:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I AM THE BUDDHA, I HAVE EXPERIENCED INFINITE AND ABSOLUTE BLISS! I HAVE RETURNED TO THIS SHITPILE TO FREE YOUR PUNY SOULS WITH NO REGARD OF MY OWN PERSON! FOLLOW ME, I AM THE PATH! I AM THE WAY TO HAPPINESS, FEELING GOOD AND HAVING LOTS OF SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN/MEN! I AM DOING THIS ALL FOR YOU!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder