Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Reveging pot plants perpetually?
    #5743810 - 06/12/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just reveged a couple of lovely ladies who's smoke I'm currently toking on. Its been 4 weeks since they've been cut and put back in the closet under vegetative light (18/6) and feeding and DAMN these girls bounced back. Compared to plants of the same age started from seed (same seedstock) the reveged plants have WAY more tops, are taller, thicker, and in general display more abundant and healthy looking growth.

My question then is, is there a reason why one would ever not simply reveg their plants perpetually and keep harvesting goodness from proven females?

I mean, I usually veg for at least 4 weeks from seed before I flower anyway and I don't really have any place to put a clone chamber so why not chop and then reveg each harvest?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: Reveging pot plants perpetually? [Re: TODAY]
    #5743832 - 06/12/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I would love to see your 2nd yield compared 2 your first. I've always read it would be lower, but i hope you experiment

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Reveging pot plants perpetually? [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #5743877 - 06/12/06 09:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I can, of course, post those result (Sorry, no camera so no pics) per plant but the vegetative period may be a little longer in this case in order to give the seed plants the extra time I feel they could have used last run in order for them to yield better.

I'm far from an expert on plants so my reasoning may be unfounded but I see no reason for a diminished yield as long as the tops recieve ample light and aren't too crowded. I do predict I will yield a high count of popcorn buds due to the bushy nature of the revegged plants (one specimen in particular) and the consequent lack of light on the internodal growths under the large canopy.

Its going to be an experiment if I keep them indoors but I do not yet know whether I will transfer these revegged plants outdoors after the solstice or not and take clones for the indoor run. The only real deterrence to putting these reveggies outside is the killer aphids that haunt my yard (and unfortunately now my growroom...time will tell if organic pest control methods will kill them off). The other option would be to take clones now and then transfer the clones outdoors after the solstice.

Hmmmm. Comments, criticisms, advice all still welcome.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
    #5744041 - 06/12/06 10:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If your moving them outside, I'm assuming they are in soil, I would love to see this done with hydro.

Also, it came to me that cloning a plant, then flowering it right away, would be more economical than trying to reveg a plant.

thats probably why no one does it.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Edited by ShroomDr (06/12/06 10:15 PM)

Invisiblepac_man
~
Re: Reveging pot plants perpetually? [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #5744849 - 06/13/06 03:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by pac_man (06/17/06 09:42 AM)

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Reveging pot plants perpetually? [Re: pac_man]
    #5745163 - 06/13/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know how to exactly explain it, but the more you do it the plants "quality" I guess, degrades.

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #5745722 - 06/13/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Are you using diatomaceous earth against the aphids. If not throw a thicker line down. They wont cross it.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Reveging pot plants perpetually? [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #5746427 - 06/13/06 04:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I could layer perlite on the top layer of the soil...the aphids won't colonize the plant if i do this? Problem is, they are already at home on the plants.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #5746473 - 06/13/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

revegging once or twice is ok. anymore you sacrifice yield overall on your clones, then something wierd happens. out of 60 clones you will have around 8 that grow just like the rest but refuse to put out heads. they will have trichomes but the heads wont develop properly then towards the end of flowering they will but out quality glands but only on newer calaxy's. im not quite sure what this is called, its not senecens. but do to a hormonal inbalance from the veg-flower-veg-flower process. this is just what has been observed from growers i now that have done this many times. eventually(4 years for them) all plants came out bad. this was noted with G-13, G-13 X NL, Hindu Kush, and a strawberry plant(unknown origin from about 8 years back). as you can see it wasnt just the G fucking up but in many different plants. although some plants have experienced this in cultivation for many, many years as some of the thai, and nepaliese strains, and morrocan strains. they seem to not have this tendency but that could be from years of selection from these growers. possibly outbreeding with one of these strains may prevent this from happening right away. although contradictory to that thought are hybrids of this strains that have the same hormonal imbalances such as haze, and many other sativas that have been bred from these genetics. if it works fine for you continue what your doing but if things start getting screwed up start new seeds. you could always seed up those degraded clones as it still contains the exact genetic makeup of its parents and the seeds will be fine but the mother wont.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order