Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Grain + Poo Tek?
    #5745830 - 06/13/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm looking for a tek where you have your grain and poo mixed together at inoculation in a bag so that you can skip the spawning step. I think Wronguy had a tek for this, but I can't find it. Would like to see some different methods of doing this and a grow log if possible.

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Grain + Poo Tek? [Re: MasFina]
    #5745860 - 06/13/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4903111/an/0/page/0

Enjoy.

I use this method its very very good.

Here is what wronguys recipe is comprised off. This recipe was made with the help of bluehelix and agar.

"Okay, I'll share. Now the ingredients were compiled with the help of Blue Helix and Agar. There is nothing exotic in here, but it has a good nutritional profile. This recipe is for 4 large filter patch spawn bags. It will fill them within 2 1/2 inches of the bottom of the filter patch and lays out perfectly in 19 quart containers with a substrate depth of 3 1/2 inches.

The recipe is as follows:

48 Cups of horse manure (shredded)
24 Cups of vermiculite
16 1/2 Cups of dry WBS (do not soak or simmer)
4 Tablespoons of dry Kelp Meal
6 Tablespoons of Canola or Vegetable oil
21 Cups of water

Thoroughly mix all dry ingredients together. Now, add the water and mix again. Due to the human error factor on measurements, you may consider adding only 18 cups of water to begin with and adjust it from there. However, I have found that any measurements that are off are negligible in the moisture content.

After all the water is added, test your moisture content by giving the substrate a hard squeeze. You should only be able to extract a few drops from this, not a steady drip. If you find that your substrate is a little too wet, slowly add vermiculite until you get the right consistency. If you measure everything correctly this should not be necessary. The moisture content needs to be slightly dryer than normal to allow for the liquid culture you will inject later.

The final step is adding the oil. I prefer to add the oil in after the water has been added. I find it's much easier to mix in and doesn't stick to the substrate in one area or clump. Mixing the oil in with the dry ingredients will surely clump on you.

Load your spawn bags at the same time and make sure they are as even as possible. Now it does not matter where you mix this. I do mine in my garage. I know I'm going to sterilize the substrate so contaminates are less of a concern. Follow the tek by Blue Helix to complete it. I personally PC for 3 1/2 hours at 15 PSI.

After they have cooled just inoculate and wait. "

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Grain + Poo Tek? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5745933 - 06/13/06 02:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4885092

I found that discussion informative.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I just don't get why that works compared to the other ways people tried in the link I have there. Everyone seems to be using 50% poo. I was thinking of using less poo. Have you tried this recipe? If this works I would think everyone would be doing it because of the simplicity.

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Grain + Poo Tek? [Re: MasFina]
    #5745957 - 06/13/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have tried the Wronguy recipe, and i am currently using the wronguy recipe. I have made many bags with that recipe. And it works very well.

I don't know why people don't all use that method. Different methods for different folks i guess.

There is no 1 right way of doing things. Also in that disscussion you link to, i do get fruits really fast.

Maybe not as fast as 3 weeks, but its more of like 1 month for me. Some aspects of my method, is not spot on yet.

I do not know why they use a 50/50 poo ratio. I am guessing it is to provide the best nutritional content for the mushies.

I personally suggest using this method. But you may find other methods to your liking as well.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate