Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewombatvvv
Stranger
Loc: Australia
Stop the stupid trip reports * 2
    #574462 - 03/09/02 06:20 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I've been reading the trip reports for a while now but 75% of them contain pot smoking. As soon as I see the word "bowl" or "joint" or whatever I imediatley stop reading that report. Why?
1) I think the chances are good that it's a young kid getting stoned and talking shit
2) (for the experienced smokers that really do drip stoned) it distorts the trip. I want to hear about the mushroom, not pot.

I actually read one where the guy had a gram or so then smoked some *hash* then a few buckets. I mean common. He's liable to be hallucinating just off the hash - if it was good stuff, that is. Let alone the buckets. In any case it was more of a "pot report" than "trip report"

Write your "Stoned Reports" somewhere else.

My 2 cents worth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv]
    #574482 - 03/09/02 07:05 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

i gave a trip report in the trip tips forum about my san pedro experience. I am a fairly experienced smoker, and not just a young kid getting stoned and taken some "caps". I even explained the effects that THC had on the mescaline trip, but I had plenty of time to experience the mesc without the effect of bud. So don't stereotype all stoners as having hollow words, because were not all unreliable, immature kids.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Offlinewombatvvv
Stranger
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #574711 - 03/10/02 01:04 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I didn't stereotype all stoners.

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv] * 2
    #574745 - 03/10/02 02:27 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I think it is very important to experience the shroom trip and only the shroom trip. But I'm sure many people will still consume other drugs and misinterpret the experience as a shroom trip.
I agree that trip reports on the Shroomery should keep it about the mushrooms to be fair.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv] * 3
    #574782 - 03/10/02 04:05 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I think you may have a point about mixing drugs in with the experience changing it but calling the thread "stop the stupid threads" makes everyone who decided to post a trip report including another drug feel like their being called stupid.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv] * 6
    #574790 - 03/10/02 04:19 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

That's a rather ignorant thing to say.

I trip on mushrooms alone some times. Most of the time, actually. Some times I mix mushrooms with other drugs. I don't think it "distorts the trip" at all, though. I find that it (usually) enhances the trip, and even strengthens the trip at times.

If I write a trip report where I happened to smoke some pot/oil/whatever, I'm still talking about the trip, not just the pot. And the mushrooms are still (and always will be) the strongest aspect of any trip I have the pleasure of taking. Just because I mixed, doesn't make the mushrooms dissapear from the trip.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv] * 1
    #574797 - 03/10/02 04:40 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I find that pot doesn't really act normally on shrooms. It potentiates the experience.. I never feel stoned when smoking with shrooms.. things just become more intense. Pot really helped me break through a couple of trips ago :smile:

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: MagicRooms]
    #574828 - 03/10/02 05:45 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I agree with you but the exeption to the rule for me is syrian rue.
S+M= ++++++

--------------------

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: LOBO]
    #574837 - 03/10/02 06:09 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I hate smoking pot with mushies 2 things
makes it fuck scary like vampires and shit
and i get so so so tired !!!!!!!!

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: wombatvvv] * 2
    #574898 - 03/10/02 09:32 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

Why don't we just stop doing everything we do at the Shroomery?

My friend and I have a saying "you're not tripping until you've smoked". I've never tripped without smoking at least some resin. It seems like a waste of a trip without weed because it takes at least twice as long for the shrooms or whatever to kick in. I could take a quarter of shrooms and not feel it for an hour into it, or start tripping balls after 25 minutes or so. Plus weed makes visuals. I can't imagine tripping without weed. It would be a waste for me. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (04/08/11 02:51 PM)

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: Learyfan]
    #575126 - 03/10/02 03:34 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

When I read alot of the trip reports I seem to see alot of "Sterotypical" stoners doing it, like "Johnny skateboarder wants a new way to get fucked up so he eats shrooms". I don't fit into that category and I'd like to at least see the reports separated into different types of personalities.

Offlinewombatvvv
Stranger
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: GringoLoco]
    #575129 - 03/10/02 03:42 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

Oh well, it's a case of courses for horses, I guess. I personally don't read the mixed drug reports, though.

This is a thought: maybe some people smoke so much pot that it stops effecting them (which definatley does happen!) and so it doesn't do much to the shroom trip - but I can almost guarantee that if you didn't smoke pot for a while (over two weeks) then smoked and tripped it would blow your head off.

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
    #575192 - 03/10/02 05:27 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I think I will try that. I vow to lay off of the ganj for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. I will not post a trip report so as to not annoy you, but I bet it is going to be one hell of a ride. Thanks for the idea.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

InvisiblePsilocyberSpace
addict

Loc: Being
    #575249 - 03/10/02 07:19 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I think it should be added in because it does effect the trip, but when stoners go off on rants how we smoked 2 joints and a couple cones, blah who cares, I usually mention if I smoke cannabis and add the effects if they are noticable.

--------------------
Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #575658 - 03/11/02 08:19 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

> I will not post a trip report so as to not annoy you

That sucks... I was enjoying last saturday morning reading your "trip in progress" reports every hour or so about the san pedro.  Although I am not 'allowed' to physically trip in the office, sitting here reading your posts was a lot like a virtual trip.

In general, I think trip reports are a good thing.  They give me a window to look into other peoples exeperiences and compare them with my own.  They also force the trip writer to become introspective with resepect to the trip.  Even the "snot-nose-kid-skaters" (or whatever the other post called them) that are just looking for the bigger better high have to sit down and think for a while to put their experience into words.  Perhaps this isn't the proper forum for reports to be posted, but there is nothing wrong with people sharing their experiences with the rest of us.  Some of us even enjoy reading them!  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: Seuss]
    #575776 - 03/11/02 11:02 AM (22 years, 13 days ago)

thanks suess. I enjoyed posting here trying to accurately describe what the mescaline experience was for me, and I am glad to hear that someone else enjoyed reading it.

--------------------

Ken Kesey

Invisiblecornflake_girl
Stranger
Loc: under the bridge
    #580633 - 03/16/02 02:18 PM (22 years, 8 days ago)

I thought this was supposed to be an open forum. A place where we can share in all our experiences. If you don't like what someone is saying, don't read it...or better yet--talk to them about it. I prefer to smoke to enhance my trip...in fact it's the only time i really like to smoke at all. As long as people have respect for and knowledge of what they're putting into their bodies it's all good...

--------------------
he said "it's all in your head"...i said "so is everything" but he didn't get it

Offlineiamsofaking
Stranger
Male

#14257600 - 04/08/11 09:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You don't like "mixed" trip reports? Don't read them and stop your whining. You have your opinion about what the content of these reports should be and if anyone disagrees they are stupid? You sound like a narrow minded control freak.And that is just my opinion.

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: iamsofaking]
    #14257620 - 04/08/11 09:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

this guy hasnt even been on the forum in over 9 years.

i dunno why you felt the need to resurrect this thread.

:oldthread:

--------------------

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Re: Stop the stupid trip reports [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14257641 - 04/08/11 09:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:imwithstupid:

..but since it's back, I've learned that I do not enjoy smoking weed while tripping.  I love how it enhances the trip, but it distracts my thought processes and keeps me from remembering the great feelings, thoughts, and ideas!

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals