Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Innoculation chamber
    #574392 - 03/09/02 06:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was pondering setting up a two man tent and covering it with a plastic paint tarp. Then taping the tarp to the floor on all sides except for the side of entry. Afterwards saturating the tent with lysol. Then taking the pressure cooker, whiping it down with rubbing alcohol and on only opening it once inside the tent. Then taking the jars and doing the innoculation. I was wondering if I should also use a glovebox inside the tent or if it would be extraneous? What do you guys think? Will this be a nice contam free environment?

A gram is better than a damn

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Innoculation chamber [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #574395 - 03/09/02 06:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It should be rather sterile but with you inside it it'll still be dirty enough to contaminate jars. It would be overkill for a simple PF Tek. jar setup because I just do them open air the verm layer should protect the substrate but if you're doing grain to grain transfers or agar to grain or anything like that you might want to do somthing. I think the tent and a glovebox is too much. It's one or the other and I think a well built glove box will do you just fine. http://www.theforestfloor.org just had a really good post on the making of a glovebox in either the mush. or adv. mush. cult. or the equipment fourm.

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation