Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
Not PC'ing LC causes no growth?
    #5743381 - 06/12/06 07:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ive been having heaps of trouble with LC's, I think it may be because im using tap water so ive just knocked up some more using filtered water.

But because ive been having heaps of trouble im not bothering to put them in the PC because I just want to get a method down that works. Once I get my method working then ill do a proper sterelized batch, but my concern is, could in any would not PC'ing the LC jars cause them not to grow?

I highly doubt it, but just incase I got to ask

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
Re: Not PC'ing LC causes no growth? [Re: Ascension]
    #5743399 - 06/12/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I use tap water for everything, and i pc them.

I think you need to sterilize the LC before you try and knock them up with spores.

Thats how i do it.

MUST STERILIZE!!!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Not PC'ing LC causes no growth? [Re: Ascension]
    #5743411 - 06/12/06 08:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

you'll get growth if you dont PC, you just wont like what comes from it,
dont waste the spores, give us more info like the amount of time in the PC
the amount of culture media to water and so on.

InvisibleJoeMama
Re: Not PC'ing LC causes no growth? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5743418 - 06/12/06 08:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I used plastic microwavable containers with Karo syrup and plastic wrap on the tops (with the lid over that) and micrwave them for 5 minutes. I havent had an issue yet. If you do PC them, dont do it for very long. You run the chance of the sugars carmelizing.
-Me

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: Not PC'ing LC causes no growth? [Re: JoeMama]
    #5743741 - 06/12/06 09:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

if you don't sterlize (microwave/boil/pc) then you're going to get either bacterial or fungal contams... or possibly both. that's one sure way to ruin some good spores.

i just boil a jar with 2 holes in it, pull it out with tongs, put a little honey until it tints the water slightly yellow, then screw the lid on, put foil over it, and boil it for about 30 minutes. worked wonders, i have a jar right now that's 30% colonized after 4 days.

don't forget to incubate your LC, that could be another problem you're having.

oh... and if you're using JUST tap water, with no honey/karo/molasses/mae, then you're probably just going to have a jar of contam'd spore that will never colonize... because spores need simple carbohydrates to feed on.

-2cents

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies