Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewiseguy420
Stranger
effects of butane inhalation (inhalants)
    #5737901 - 06/11/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey,

I know that inhalants are really, really fucking bad for you and a relaly stupid drug to take nad there's no safe level of use and they should just be totally fucking avoided

however, I didn't know this when I was a kid (13/14) and I used to huff butane (lighter gas). I never huffed from the can, I always used to spray onto like a rag or a peice of cloth or something and inhale from that

I know that was really stupid btu i was a kid and no-one had ever told me how dangerous inhalants were

anyway I was never a "chronic user" or anying, I just used to do it for fun, I'd say I did it maybe between 10 and 20 times ever and only doing one lungful at a time and never like days in a row, more like every couple of months I'd do it a few times one day

I'm not sure how many times in total but like I say, I'd estimate between ten and twenty times

obviously now I'm older and I know how fucking poisonous inhalints are and I would never even think about ever doing them again

Basically what I want to know is do you think I've done myself any permanent damage?

I have a pretty bad long term memory, but I think I've always been like that, and I have some slight vision problems in low-light environments, but again I think I've always been like that

Basically, even though there is no "safe level", do you think that noticeable permanent health effects are more of a concern to people that have done this as a "habit", or that I might have damaged myself even doing it less than twenty times in a couple of years?

thank you for any help, and if anyone is every considering doing inhalants, please never, ever do, it isn't work being this worried about your health, please don't

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: wiseguy420]
    #5737987 - 06/11/06 01:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i have read that inhalants can do damage just from one use, but maybe that was propaganda.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Offlinewiseguy420
Stranger
Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: mushiemountain]
    #5738606 - 06/11/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey,

from what i've been reading, it seems that butane is _relatively_ non toxic compared to other inhalants, and a lot of the stuff that I thought huffing it could cause is caused mostly caused by other more toxic inhalants

it seems from what i've been reading that even chronic butane use results in narcosis, increased risk of cardiovascular problems, possible death from suffocation, and problems with the suppressino of hte central nervous system, but not the symptoms I was worried might have affected me (permanent vision impairment/memory loss)

so if you don't die and stop doing it, you might be ok lol

can anyone confirm this or give any other input about butane specifically and not inhalants in general? i would really, really appreciate it

thanks for the help, and really never do inhalants

peace

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: wiseguy420]
    #5740165 - 06/11/06 11:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You'll be o.k.
Its better to regret something you can fix, than something you can't.

--------------------

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: Dreamer987]
    #5741440 - 06/12/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You should be fine.
Alot of people used to do it around my area when we were kids, that is until someone huffed some and died almost instantly.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5741667 - 06/12/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

people in industrial jobs are exposed to way more than that on a single days work, all in all i would suppose that you wouldnt be that bad off.

in all honesty i think that we all inhale butane, while trying to smoke a pipe, and your lighter dosent light, youre just sucking in the gas, so to speak

welcome to the site wiseguy420, seen any of the other forums yet? you should go say hi in the pub! :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinewiseguy420
Stranger
Re: effects of butane inhalation (inhalants) [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5743199 - 06/12/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for all the responses so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder