Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
my metabolic pathway article....
    #5675097 - 05/25/06 10:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

link:

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/24373

somebody replied to this and they are absolotely correct. The paper was not intended to construe something novel, but rather a table showing what we know until now. If somebody has the resources -- run a western blot, isolate the proteins and compare it to public databases -- I don't have HPLC or the like but you can inhibit this pathway with glyphosate and isolate the proteins that are inhibited and compare them to sequence databases.

This was just meant as a reference table. Nothing else.

corrected for spelling mistakes

2ND EDIT: durrrrrrrr..... they're probably not in there, huh? Sorry -- I'm drunk, but at least this provides a starting point. Whatever. There are ways, I guess.... I.E. random transposons or whatever, but still -- it's at least a starting point....

It's better than starting with nothing and it is even more than possible -- somebody sequece this shit and we WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE PSYCHEDELIC BEER!

GET TO WORK! haha, j/k

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Edited by micro (05/25/06 11:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: my metabolic pathway article.... [Re: micro]
    #5675677 - 05/26/06 01:27 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It is interesting that both 5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine and 5-Methoxytryptamine do not inhibit tryptophan decarboxylase.
prehaps it has something to do with the 5-Meo part... and prehaps tryptamines with 5-meo attached is what should be added to substrates so that Decarboxylase isn't inhibited...

just thinking......

--------------------
"Where?

InvisibleGio
Chelator

#5681684 - 05/27/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Is there some sort of psilocin phosphorylase? I bet it's inhibited by its psilocybin product, which means...damn.

InvisibleGio
Chelator

#5681700 - 05/27/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, dude. Sorry for repeating what's already in your article. I just read it. Kind of reassuring though.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: my metabolic pathway article.... [Re: Gio]
    #5740881 - 06/12/06 07:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't mean to be overly critical of your article. It just seemed to delve a little too deeply into basic amino acid metabolism, which overcomplicates things a bit.

I did eventually do some more research into the subject...
I came up with these references, which I have yet to read. However, the abstracts shine some light on the subject.

-------------------------------------------------------
Agurell, S., Lars, J. and and Nilsson, C.. "Biosynthesis of Psilocybin: Part II. Incorporation of Labeled Tryptamine Derivatives, Acta Chemica Scandinavica, Vol. 22, No. 4 (1968), 1210-1218.

Agurell, S., Blomkvist,S. and Catalfomo, P.. "Biosynthesis of Psilocybin in Submerged Culture of Psilocybin cubensis: Part I. Incorporation of labeled trypto- phan and tryptamine," Acta Pharm. Suecica, Vol. 3 (1966), 37- 44.
-------------------------------------------------------

Agurell and Nilsson demonstrate a tentative biosynthetic route to psilocybin. They propose that the pathway proceeds from tryptophan to tryptamine to N-methyltryptamine to N,N-dimethyltryptamine to psilocin to psilocybin.

So I put together a picture to illustrate...

If Agurell and Nilsson's pathway is right I wonder where baeocystin fits in. Many researchers have speculated that it's involved in the biosynthetic pathway. Is it a side product or does it get converted to psilocin?

I also have psilocybin being converted back to psilocin under acidic conditions and psilocin being oxidized to psilocybeen, which happens especially quickly under basic conditions.

Comments, corrections, or input anyone?

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags