Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane im going to drive right into it
    #5740163 - 06/11/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yup. I drove into Francis a year back, hell of a time. but i want to see the fury and hell of nature. for clarity i dont intend to go into anyhing more than a cat 2 for starters

I was going to go to NOLA for Katrina, thank god i didnt, i wasnt ready in time, or i would have been there.

You might call me crazy, but hell, were all going to die one day, and i want to see the amazing things in this world, from sunsets over the artic, to a peaceful ocean, to the hell and fury of nature itself.

Expierence in this life is key, and seeing is believing.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (06/11/06 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5740169 - 06/11/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

there not that big of a deal, i rode my bike around during most of the 2004 hurricanes

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: BLAST_420]
    #5740174 - 06/11/06 11:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

still pretty amazing. what i really want, is to get in the eye of somthing thats about a cat2, and travel with it.

With an ATV and some extra gas that would be easy as hell. Id video tape it all ofcourse, how amazing would that be? eh!

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5740387 - 06/12/06 12:39 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Gas? What happened to the French fry-mobile?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5740399 - 06/12/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well actually i sold that one, but i have a new vegitable oil powered vechile :smile: actually is about to make her maiden voyage on a 25% veggie to 75% diesel mix :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5740406 - 06/12/06 12:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well that is not crazy but what are you going to drive

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5740419 - 06/12/06 12:47 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well if its just a cat 2 ill take my car, but if im actually going to have the time to get a camera, and get in the eye, ill have to bring a truck with an atv in the back, or get dropped off.

the only issue would be crossing bodies of water, i mean there are lots of streams and lakes that would normally be passable, flowing over their banks, hell i dont think that i could float a RV over that...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5740428 - 06/12/06 12:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah good point, I dont thing a canoe or a kayak would really be helpful.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5740442 - 06/12/06 12:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

no, whatever i had would have to be able to carry me atleast at ababout 20 mph, so me walkingn with a canoe wouldnt work much....

but the eyes of those hurricanes can be as big as 50 miles and i think as small as like 5 or 10... only having that much space to find a bridge, reallly wouldnt work, much less the current road system in any rural area

I bet that there isnt a human alive that has done what im talking about doing...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#5740458 - 06/12/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

How much do those amphibian things go for?

OfflineHarmonic_Order
Nshudimasupatogata
Male User Gallery

Loc: Out on the Street
    #5740462 - 06/12/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

When Isabel hit, I stood out in it and did Tai Ch'i
Then I went in and prayed like a scared son of a bitch that the motherfucker didn't hit our house

--------------------
.oOo. Are you high? .oOo.
.oOo. You look like you're on some kind of drug .oOo.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Sooo, as soon as there is another hurricane imof going to drive right into it [Re: Harmonic_Order]
    #5740466 - 06/12/06 12:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

how strong was isabel, and what year? i dont recall that one....

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHarmonic_Order
Nshudimasupatogata
Male User Gallery

Loc: Out on the Street
    #5740490 - 06/12/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I believe that happened in 2003
That storm had some junk, man
She fucked us up real good
A two-foot thick tree right next to Mom's house broke off twenty-five feet up
Only the direction of the wind saved her precious house!
It broke directly away from us!
And I lay down about twennty feet from that tree praying like a motherfucker
The power went out in just about the entire state!
You had to drive for days to get ice, if you wanted it
Lucky they had a generator at the old folks home, or Dad mighta got an earl;y tciket
As you can guess we lived up to our neck in shit that year anyway

--------------------
.oOo. Are you high? .oOo.
.oOo. You look like you're on some kind of drug .oOo.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order