Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms
    #5738515 - 06/11/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what is the quality difference??

I don't think I have ever ate anything but natural handpicked from the ground shrooms. Should I spend money and time on research for hunting, or buy my own kit and do even more research???

Any help is appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5738571 - 06/11/06 04:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

bump

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #5738591 - 06/11/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

depends on the type of mushroom you're picking or growing. if you live in an area where a lot of species of good mushrooms grow, learn to find em. they're free that way. if you're not in a good mushroom area, grow em yourself. theres a state by state thing on this site that says what mushrooms grow where.

personally i was really paranoid when i had my grow going. it was definitely worth it, but the paranoia was definitely there. i lived in an apt when i grew em and whenever i smoked (which was like always) it reeked in the hallway. it only takes one person to complain to have the police come a knockin.

it really depends on your situation.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: nightkrawler]
    #5738599 - 06/11/06 04:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good advice. I live in Ohio (decent shroom hunting state) but I really live in the projects so there is no woods around.

Maybe, I will get off my ass and make a road trip somewhere. Thanks for the imput though.

Edited by lsdandfrisbee (06/11/06 04:28 PM)

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #5738608 - 06/11/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
I don't think I have ever ate anything but natural handpicked from the ground shrooms.  Should I spend money and time on research for hunting, or buy my own kit and do even more research???

Do both!  :laugh:

I haven't cultivated for years now because I can find ample amounts of active/gourmet mushrooms in the wild. Don't bother buying a kit, do some research and grow your own from scratch, far more rewarding and not expensive at all if using ghetto techniques  :thumbup:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Offlinederyl
Stranger
Male

Loc: Uncle Tom's
    #5738613 - 06/11/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Wild mushrooms are typically supposed to be a little more potent, solely because of the additional nutrients available while theyre growing.

that doesn't mean you can't have some potent homegrowns, straw and hpoo is great for that.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: deryl]
    #5738627 - 06/11/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deryl said:
Wild mushrooms are typically supposed to be a little more potent, solely  because of the additional nutrients available while theyre growing.

You can still cultivate 'wild mushrooms'

I've got an outdoor Psilocybe azurescens patch in my local woods that I started myself, comes back year after year!  :smile:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#5738660 - 06/11/06 04:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It's all relative to where you live.

If you live in Georgia, where mushrooms grow from about May - November... why waste time growing when you can just pick? If you have some solid locations that are safe to hunt in, I'd choose hunting over growing anyday... which is what I have done. I've never grown nor to I plan on it(kinda gotten out of shrooms anyway).

In addition to the ease of hunting, provided you know what you're doing... You can pick more potent species that are not easily cultivated. I pick(ed) Psilocybe weilii. They're a very potent mushroom, up there with Cyans and Azures. They only grow within about a 75 mile radius of Atlanta and are very hard to cultivate. There are plenty of more potent mushrooms that are much easier to pick than grow.

If you live somewhere with decent active mushrooms (ie: not Pan subbs or Gymnopilius), I'd vote for hunting. If you live in some place that has crap for wild mushrooms... maybe give growing a try.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Gumby]
    #5738701 - 06/11/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
(kinda gotten out of shrooms anyway).

What? Even the gourmet variety?!?!?!  :shocked:

--------------------

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Amatoxin]
    #5738728 - 06/11/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i rather just find them in the woods but there arent any cubes where i live so growing is my only option...

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: AliceDee]
    #5738762 - 06/11/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AliceDee said:
i rather just find them in the woods but there arent any cubes where i live so growing is my only option...

You'd have a job finding cubes in the woods even if they grew where you live lol  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5738784 - 06/11/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Amatoxin said:
Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
I don't think I have ever ate anything but natural handpicked from the ground shrooms.  Should I spend money and time on research for hunting, or buy my own kit and do even more research???

Do both!  :laugh:

I haven't cultivated for years now because I can find ample amounts of active/gourmet mushrooms in the wild. Don't bother buying a kit, do some research and grow your own from scratch, far more rewarding and not expensive at all if using ghetto techniques  :thumbup:

Yeah I dont know why I said kit.  I havent heard that much good stuff about any kits.  From scratch is the way to go I hear :thumbup:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5738793 - 06/11/06 05:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I enjoyed cultivating, and am going to start some edibles when I buy more agar to satisfy my longing, but hunting has its peaks as well: exercise, enjoying nature, fresh air

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5738806 - 06/11/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You should just buy shrooms off of your fellow Shroomerites. After all, this is a drug hookup site. How many pounds do you want? 50...100? I'll get that Fed-exed immediately.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5738810 - 06/11/06 05:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I live in the Azurescen capitol of the country, so by the time the season is out, I really don't need anymore mushrooms untill next season, heh.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5738819 - 06/11/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So you've had good luck storing them? MJshroomer likes to taunt us with the idea that they instantly lose their potency at 6 months or so, while cyans and libs will last your lifetime.

Was worried, as I have a gram of azures saved still from last fall. Hope the blue little bastards are okay.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#5738956 - 06/11/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Amatoxin said:
Quote:

Gumby said:
(kinda gotten out of shrooms anyway).

What? Even the gourmet variety?!?!?!  :shocked:

Nah, I'm all about hunting edibles. I might go check for Chanterelles later this week if it rains and I can find time.

I just don't think it's worth risking a fellony charge if I want to go to med school. I'm growing up, being responsible.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5738962 - 06/11/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They'll work as long as you've kept them dry. I've eaten year old weilii/subbs before. Still did the trick.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Gumby]
    #5739124 - 06/11/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Good to hear. Never had any cube storage problems. baeocystis are the main ones that seem to lose so much immediately after drying, but too many people claim that azures have this magical 6 month window, followed by an 80% drop in potency. If it's true, the techinical reason for such an immediate drop off is no doubt astounding.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: deryl]
    #5743589 - 06/12/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deryl said:
Wild mushrooms are typically supposed to be a little more potent, solely because of the additional nutrients available while theyre growing.

that doesn't mean you can't have some potent homegrowns, straw and hpoo is great for that.

Really?!?

Because I've found the complete opposite to be true.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5743682 - 06/12/06 08:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've always heard the opposite is true too, no experience with wild cubes though.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: shroom hunting vs. cultivated shrooms [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5744510 - 06/12/06 11:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

As far as chocolates goes... Wild cubes kick cultivated cubes ass x10.

It highly depends on what the cubes were growing on in the wild.

The first time I EVER shroomed was because LizardKing(the legend, doesn't really post on shromery anymore) gave me some cubes he found. These cubes were growing from stable shavings. For those of you who are not familar with "hunting terms," stable shavings = horse poo + wood chips.
These were the most potent mushrooms(cubes, at least) I have EVER eaten. I ate 2 mushrooms, whose dry weight I'd approximate at 4-5 grams. I completely lost touch with reality, I'd almost call a level 6 trip. With that intense of a trip, I'm surprised I ever came back to doing shrooms.

Compare that to 4 grams of cubensis growing on cow manure, and they were still a LOT more potent. It all has to do with medium they were grown on, same goes with cultivation.

I have a cultivation/tripping experiment for a grower to do: Grow cubes on a hpoo/hardwood woodchip medium(ie: oak/poplar/aspen, etc + hpoo).
Eat those, then compare the trip to a regular BRF/WBS/Cow poo trip of the same weight.
My guess is that it will be a LOT more intense.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag