Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: spud]
    #5740676 - 06/12/06 05:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
.... they do not believe in some being named "Satan", and use his name purely symbolically in relation to human values they deem as wrong.

Bollocks that. They use it because it's provocative and sounds dangerous and they want to get on everybody's tits.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5740762 - 06/12/06 07:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
The purpose of altruism is survival.
(To clear things up: by "altruism" I mean "reciprocal altruism".)

So you have two chimps, one weak and sick, other strong and large. Both are hungry

Reciprocal altruism makes them both share some food. Both survive.
The weak one too, and give birth to some more weak chimps.

Then lions come and kill half of the chimp population who are children of the weak chimp

On the other hand you have extreme individualism.
The strong chimp stole all of the food the weak one had, and ate it all. The weak one died. The strong one had many children, and the
chimps escaped the confrontation with the lion alive

Again, how did altruism help survival of the chimps?

According to your own story, half the "weak chimps" and all the "strong chimps" survived, whereas without altruism, only the "strong chimps" survived. Not only does reciprocal altruism increased the chance of survival for the "weak chimps", but it benefits the "strong chimps" also. If it did not aid the survival of a species, according to Darwinism, reciprocal altruism would not exist.

Quote:

If the stupid humans don't die of hunger before they multiply (due to altruism of the leading ones), then how will humanity get rid of their stupid genes?

There is no "stupid gene".

Humans benefit greatly from keeping other humans around. (See: civilization.)

No, accoarding to my story. The population of chimps was the same exept that 50% of them were weak, and 50% were strong. The weak half died, leaving only 50% of the previous chimp population alive.

whereas in other story, all of the chimp population survived (the number was double in the end)

And yes there are stupid genes. Retards are born that way, not taught to be retards

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: capliberty]
    #5740764 - 06/12/06 07:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
I thought the definition of evolution is that its not random, that the conditions within our environment help create or curb our existence or nonexistence.

Yes, but randomness is an indulgence of a human mind. We call things random, things that are not affected by a conscious mind, human or otherwise.

But of course you are right, nothing can be really random.
But what I'm trying to say with "random" is that evolution is not something that develops with a certain end goal, it just follows the conditions and shapes beings accoarding to the environment.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Basilides]
    #5740768 - 06/12/06 07:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
That's why there are so many more Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Islamics, and other religions that believe in spreading less self-centered values.
like to cloak their negativity in a religious overcoat. Kind of like the wolf in sheep's clothing.

well duh, that's the core of the problem

but that has nothing to do with the religions themselfs, the texts, and yet you reject them because of people who read them?

People don't "reject" because of wars, crusades, jihads, bigotry, televang-idiocy or people starving in subsaharan Africa. They reject because they identify purely with the egoic self and are subsequently dominated by their own sensory input, unable to penetrate the veil between physics and Mystery. Not much you can do except pray for such people that they might transform at a later date.

Yes, I think you are right. It's all just excuse for one simple fact: they can't make sense of it, it just doesn't ring true to them

I think there is no veil between physics and mystery, but instead a vail between the reality and human understanding of reality.
God is not mysterious to himself or to the saints in his house, but only to humans down here because they don't understand.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: OldWoodSpecter] * 1
    #5740927 - 06/12/06 10:25 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Bas said.

People don't "reject" because of wars, crusades, jihads, bigotry, televang-idiocy or people starving in subsaharan Africa. They reject because they identify purely with the egoic self and are subsequently dominated by their own sensory input, unable to penetrate the veil "between physics and Mystery. Not much you can do except pray for such people that they might transform at a later date.

Horsepucky. More egoism from the holyier than thou. I don't identify purely with my egoic self and I suspect much less than you do. I "reject" because it takes the immensity out there and makes it petty.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Diploid]
    #5742408 - 06/12/06 06:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic...Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

From the same document:
"Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them.

"You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence."

"We are making history right now, every day"

"know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world."

Gee, does any of that sound pretentious?

Quote:

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

This is merely a reaction to one definition of "spiritual", pure rhetoric.  Satanism is loaded with it's own share of dogma and ritual which is easily defined as spiritual.

Quote:

Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

:rolleyes:

Quote:

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! [

Well, it doesn't take much to aspire to those high values.  And I'm sure they're ultimately really healthy, self-serving perspectives, right?

Quote:

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

Oh my! Did he say vampires?

Quote:

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

Then go graze with the cattle, Anton.  My aspiring Satanist roommate parrots this one all the time.  Of course, if this was at all honest, it would read "has become the potentially most vicious animal of all".  But Anton and his intellectual SlaVeys aren't interested in intellectual honesty so much as indulging in inflammatory rhetoric and unresolved psychology. 

Quote:

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

Here's the Satanist's favorite lie.  Notice the implication that the physical, mental and emotional faculties are seperate.  The folly is that one might derive physical pleasure but at the expense of the emotions, emotional gratification but at the expense of the physical body, etc...  And that's just the most fundamental error in the statement.

And yes, most of the "Eleven Satanic Rules" are just common sense and one can choose to adopt those principles without being saddled with the external definiton as "Satanist" with all its dubious implications.

Quote:

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

:supercrankey:  Could we be any more dramatic?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Viveka]
    #5742437 - 06/12/06 06:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Silversoul]
    #5742462 - 06/12/06 06:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

One thing to remember:
evil always makes perfect sense

But that is it's obvious disadvantage: it makes sense to such a simple mind such as human brain.
Ever observed logical thinking of a child?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Viveka]
    #5742664 - 06/12/06 07:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Like most or all religion it seems lame when you really look at it.

I prefer to do without any.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Icelander]
    #5742693 - 06/12/06 07:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The satan thing is just a teenage-rebelion-showingof-I'm-so-different-you-are-all-pussies kind of a thing obviously, because if they really wanted people to accept them they would wouldn't chose such a widely hated icon.
It's clear as a day that it's an ego trip of pissing people off with the word satan and feeling dangerous.
If people started accepting them, they'd be pissed off because they would no longer be "dangerous" and "edgy" , and insecure people like to feel that.

It's immature really.

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5742820 - 06/12/06 08:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Bas said.

People don't "reject" because of wars, crusades, jihads, bigotry, televang-idiocy or people starving in subsaharan Africa. They reject because they identify purely with the egoic self and are subsequently dominated by their own sensory input, unable to penetrate the veil "between physics and Mystery. Not much you can do except pray for such people that they might transform at a later date.

Horsepucky. More egoism from the holyier than thou. I don't identify purely with my egoic self and I suspect much less than you do. I "reject" because it takes the immensity out there and makes it petty.

Any attempt to interpret reality outside the Ground of Being is by nature ego/sense data based.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5742841 - 06/12/06 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The "Ground of Being," as in our spiritual essence, or as in organized religion, one God, sin and salvation, etc...?

You speak as though spirituality exists only within the bounds of your concept of religiosity. Save your pious prayers for those who actively engage in using religion to degrade and disempower others. Those of us who are pursuing alternate paths to spirit do not need your help.

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Veritas]
    #5742868 - 06/12/06 08:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Great!

:thumbup:

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Veritas]
    #5743265 - 06/12/06 09:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You tell em sweetie. He'd never give me a thumbs up for that. I'm just a guy. :tongue:

:flowers:

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#5743368 - 06/12/06 09:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not one to hand out thump-ups haphazardly :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #5743529 - 06/12/06 10:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Matthew 6:5-6

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

So Bas, seems like Jesus is calling you a hypocrite seeing as how you go out of your way to make a big show of things with that silly pic of Jesus (who's always depicted as a white guy) in your sig. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Diploid]
    #5743535 - 06/12/06 10:25 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5743551 - 06/12/06 10:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:rofl2: :thumbup: I'll be the bigger man and give you a thumbs up on that one.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (06/12/06 10:27 PM)

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5743718 - 06/12/06 11:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Any attempt to interpret reality outside the Ground of Being is by nature ego/sense data based.

Could you please provide an interpretation of reality without using your self?

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5743739 - 06/12/06 11:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Only if you do it

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder