Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5738865 - 06/11/06 07:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
My complaint with Satanism is that instead of Jesus you got Satan....you got to follow somebody. Away with these empty gurus. "Organized religion" is an oxymoron. Be your own Jesus...be your own Satan...be your own God ruler and master.

That would work well if it wasn't necessary to facilitate your beliefs into society, through law, politics, etc.

If every person had a unique set of ideals, now that would be chaos. Organized religion unifies, unification is key.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: spud]
    #5738886 - 06/11/06 07:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Baaaaa...

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Veritas]
    #5738894 - 06/11/06 07:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I see a field of happy sheep, living in harmony  :heart:

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #5738899 - 06/11/06 07:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
Hah, I hope you are joking.

why? Is it ilogical?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5738904 - 06/11/06 07:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Baaaaa...

Sheep are dear animals. What's wrong with being like one?

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5738911 - 06/11/06 07:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, enjoying their captivity, waiting patiently to be sheared, panicking at any change they experience, and moving in a flock (even if the flock is running off a cliff.)

No, thanks.  :thumbdown:  Unity and conformity are not the same thing.  I can appreciate my oneness with other humans without conforming to the ideals and beliefs of the group, without following a shepherd, and without following the flock off a metaphorical cliff.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Silversoul]
    #5738916 - 06/11/06 07:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
I really don't and never have seen WTF you are talking about. I think you have it backwards and can't see it. :wink:

huh? :what:

Zactly!

It seems to me that the practioners of the so called "right hand path" are just as self centered (from their posting here and ones I know personally in my world) as the so called leftys. Same ego trips, and self-importance as anyone but always boasting of the selflessness of their path. The leftys are more balanced and honest IMO and experience as opposted to the dishonesty of the rightys. And that's my 2 cents.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the leftys every single time. It's like Veritas says. "I don't want to go to heaven because I wouldn't like the company"  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5738917 - 06/11/06 07:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If he is weak or stupid enough to alow that to happen, then they deserve to survive more than him.

Being outnumbered is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of exploitation and/or betrayal. One is not weak for being exploited, one was done wrong.

Throughout history, there have been martyrs of the arts and sciences. All sacrificed for the supposed greater good of the current paradigm. It does not make the martyr weak nor stupid, it makes them very unfortunate.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5738932 - 06/11/06 07:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I said nothing of conformity. Each religion offers a unique, diverse flavor. Yet each has a similar goal in mind. It's not a sacrifice of belief, rather it's the embrace of the archetypical nature of mankind.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5738934 - 06/11/06 07:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
Quote:

If he is weak or stupid enough to alow that to happen, then they deserve to survive more than him.

Being outnumbered is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of exploitation and/or betrayal. One is not weak for being exploited, one was done wrong.

Throughout history, there have been martyrs of the arts and sciences. All sacrificed for the supposed greater good of the current paradigm. It does not make the martyr weak nor stupid, it makes them very unfortunate.

When being outnumbered, your ability is at test. The best can beat the whole world by being cunning.

And exploitation is a virtue in evolution and nature.
The strong exploit the weak, and the purpuse of the weak is to serve the strong.

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5738939 - 06/11/06 08:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I disagree. I don't measure one's aptitude through their ability of negative resistance. Rather, I measure it through their ability of positive input and creation.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5738953 - 06/11/06 08:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
I disagree. I don't measure one's aptitude through their ability of negative resistance. Rather, I measure it through their ability of positive input and creation.

What does your measure of people have to do with anything in this picture?

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5738958 - 06/11/06 08:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you have to be religious, then it is conformity. Unity in spirit is not the true goal of organized religions, IMO. Most seem to promote an us-them attitude towards outsiders, and a one-down attitude towards divinity. I say that spirit is spirit, whether it dwells within someone who is different from me in every visible way, or whether it is the spiritual energy I call Love. Others may say God, Allah, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and mean the same thing, or they may use these terms to describe what I call Hatred, Intolerance, Oppression, Division, and Fear.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5738959 - 06/11/06 08:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You used the terms "weak" and "stupid". Both adjectives, used to determine value and worth of an individual. I was simply stating my premises of value placement.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5738972 - 06/11/06 08:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Others may say God, Allah, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and mean the same thing, or they may use these terms to describe what I call Hatred, Intolerance, Oppression, Division, and Fear.

Yes, there is a duality to it.

Do you believe one truly in touch with God (however you define it), is capable of producing such levels of hatred, intolerance, oppression, division, and fear as seen in history and today?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5738976 - 06/11/06 08:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
You used the terms "weak" and "stupid". Both adjectives, used to determine value and worth of an individual. I was simply stating my premises of value placement.

That's not subjective value in nature. Intelligence is comparable between creatures and shows direct results in every day survival, and weakness is also directly observable in confrontations.

I didn't use those words to determine worth of an individual.
All beings are worthless because they are an accident, and are no better than rocks.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Icelander]
    #5738982 - 06/11/06 08:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
I really don't and never have seen WTF you are talking about. I think you have it backwards and can't see it. :wink:

Zactly!

It seems to me that the practioners of the so called "right hand path" are just as self centered (from their posting here and ones I know personally in my world) as the so called leftys. Same ego trips, and self-importance as anyone but always boasting of the selflessness of their path. The leftys are more balanced and honest IMO and experience as opposted to the dishonesty of the rightys. And that's my 2 cents.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the leftys every single time. It's like Veritas says. "I don't want to go to heaven because I wouldn't like the company"  :thumbup:

I always figured you to be a lefty.  It's not that those who follow the right-hand path are never arrogant or selfish.  But they at least recognize the destructiveness of such tendencies, and try to avoid them.  To follow the path of righteousness imperfectly is better than to follow the path of evil perfectly, IMO.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#5738983 - 06/11/06 08:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
If you have to be religious, then it is conformity. Unity in spirit is not the true goal of organized religions, IMO. Most seem to promote an us-them attitude towards outsiders, and a one-down attitude towards divinity. I say that spirit is spirit, whether it dwells within someone who is different from me in every visible way, or whether it is the spiritual energy I call Love. Others may say God, Allah, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and mean the same thing, or they may use these terms to describe what I call Hatred, Intolerance, Oppression, Division, and Fear.

Why do you equate religious gods with spiritual energy? Such a description is never used in any of the scriptures of any of these religions.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Satanism - Mostly Makes Sense To Me [Re: Silversoul]
    #5738992 - 06/11/06 08:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Zactly!

I always figured you to be a lefty.  It's not that those who follow the right-hand path are never arrogant or selfish.  But they at least recognize the destructiveness of such tendencies, and try to avoid them.  To follow the path of righteousness imperfectly is better than to follow the path of evil perfectly, IMO.

There you go again.

The left hand path is in no way evil, anymore so than the right hand path.  :tongue:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5738994 - 06/11/06 08:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

No, I do not.  This is why I dislike the results of organized religions.  It seems to me that those in power within these organizations seek to exploit the spiritual search of their "flock," and that it is to their benefit to continue to be the middle-man, mediating the contact with divinity. 

Just like any clever marketing campaign, they create a need for their product.  If you want to sell diet products, convince everyone that a size 0 is the only attractive body type.  If you want to sell religion, convince people that they are lowly and sinful, and they need saving (which their church can provide).

Anyone who truly experienced direct contact with divine energy, and recognized that it is within everything and everyone, could not engage in hatred, oppression and intolerance towards others.  :heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order