Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYourHighness
ruling since1991

Loc: TX
Please recommend a euphoric strain!
    #573242 - 03/08/02 06:13 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Hi all,

I will soon be shopping/trading for a 'print,
but right now I'm trying to decide which strain to get...

What would you recommend as a EUPHORIC / GIGGLY / MELLOW strain ?
Based on most reports, I think that list would include:

EQ's (Ecuadorian)
Plantasia Mystery
Mazapatec

Anyone agree? Any other strains you would recommend? Of course, I will certainly appreciate the comments of folks who have compared several different strains!

What I *don't* want is a SPEEDY / MIND-F*CKing strain!
(and I welcome your recommendations on strains to avoid)

Thanks for all replies.

YourHighness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCheshirePhat
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: YourHighness]
    #573244 - 03/08/02 06:32 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

golden teacher

or

tazmanians........... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------
[orange]"Lets fuck this kat"[/orange] -Elroy "tasmanian babes fiasco"

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
    #573446 - 03/06/02 09:43 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

PF classics give a crazy mind fuck, I like them but if that is what you are trying to avoid, avoid them. As for avoiding speedy cubes, avoid the thailand koh sumui.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#575622 - 03/11/02 07:27 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

YourHighness & all of you:

As a semi-scientific geek I'd say that since Psilocybin + Psilocin are the players in all true shrooms, the strain'll probably make far less difference than the amount of them that you decide to eat. Usually it's the higher your dose is, the bigger the chance that Mindf#cks & difficult stuff starts to happen.

As a Shroom Veteran I'd say the Liberty Cap (Psilocybe Semilanceata) and the Panaeolus/Copelandia Cyanescens may be best for you. Well: the first's sheer HELL to grow so the second's likely the best choice of the two.

When you combine it all with my little Growing experience, I'd say go for PF-TEK cubies & technique. That gives you the best chance of actually ending up with some homegrown shrooms on your plate and I've never encountered thusly grown cubies that weren't completely He-Man in both Potency & Effect.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: Asante]
    #575637 - 03/11/02 07:52 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

> since Psilocybin + Psilocin are the players in all true shrooms, the strain'll probably make far less difference

Thats like saying a dog is a dog, therefore a border collie will do just as good as a retriever for fetching things.

Even though Psilocybin and Psilocin are the two major players, there are a host of other similiar compounds that have had little to no research.  Just like ethanol is the major player in wine, there are a host of 2nd order alcohols that change the "texture" of the drink.

... but without research, nobody really knows for sure.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: Seuss]
    #576111 - 03/11/02 06:13 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

In reply to:

Thats like saying a dog is a dog, therefore a border collie will do just as good as a retriever for fetching things.

What!? It's nothing like saying that! Psilocybin and Psilocin are the two active chemicals, no matter what package they come in, full stop.

Your reference to wine serves only as an example to back-up Wiccan Seekers argument. For example, you don't get a different type of drunk, no matter what type of beverage (let alone wine variety) that you drink, as long as the alcohol is present. Sure it may have a different texture, but the consequences of drinking it in excess are always the same.

I think there's not much difference between mushroom types, let alone the actual strain! Just as long as it contains Psilocybin and Psilocin. I honestly beleive that any perceived differences are all in the mind! It's got much more to do with your mood and mindset before dosing. People may mistake the differences caused by setting as being differences caused by the strain.

I can't notice a difference between Copelandia cyanascens and stunzi, let alone strains of cubies!

"All psilocybin mushrooms contain the same two desired alkaloids, psilocybin ans psilocin, although they do occur in varying amounts with each species. Hence, the experiance gained from species will be essentailly the same as an experience gained from another species. Some variation will be noted with usage of some of the rarer varieties, but again, the effects will be essentially the same" - http://www.shroomery.com/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=8, referring to mushrooms species, let alone strains.

Different strains just look cool, have differeing potencies and grow differently. The only way the effect will change is if you eat a more potent strain than you're used to - and eat the same amount that you usually do.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (03/11/02 06:25 PM)

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #576772 - 03/12/02 10:52 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

> you don't get a different type of drunk, no matter what type of beverage

That is not true. When I get drunk from wine it is _VERY_ different than when I get drunk from tequila which is a little bit different than when I get drunk from vodka. The main "drunkenness" is the same, but the fringes are different. The hangovers are also _MUCH_ different. I know some people that won't drink wine because they don't like the hangovers wine produces... these same people have no problems with beer hangovers.

> Psilocybin and Psilocin are the two active chemicals

What about Baeocystin (3-[2-(methylamino)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-ol dihydrogen phosphate ester), Muscimol (5-(Aminomethyl)-3(2H)-isoxazolone), Ibotenic Acid (alpha-Amino-2,3-dihydro-3-oxo-5-iso-xazoleacetic acid), DMT (N,N-Dimethyl-1H-indole-3-ethanamine), etc. (Both Muscimol and Ibotenic Acid are in Amanitas)

As far as I know, there is no modern (in the last 50 years) research that has looked for alternate alkaloids in Cubensis. Just because Psilocybin and Psilocin were isolated by Hoffman in the mid 50's doesn't mean there aren't other agents in the mix.

> I think there's not much difference between mushroom types, let alone the actual strain

Try a trip on P. Tampanesis (granted, a different species) or Amanitas and tell me that you cannot tell the difference between that and P. Cubensis.

If different strains of the same species can grow, look, and taste different, why is it so hard to believe that they can also give different types of trips?

peace

--------------------

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #577021 - 03/12/02 03:02 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Seuss,

I don't beleive you're getting a different type of drunk, it's all in your head. I do beleive that you may think you are, but there is just no plausible scientific explanation for that which you claim. Besides that, I've drunk alot in my own time and have never experienced or heard of 'different types of drunk' ever before.

Regarding hangovers; A hangover is partly dehydration and partly short-term alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Sounds funny, I know, but it's true. If you don't beleive me, next time you have a few too many, drink a few pints of water before you go to bed and have a small glass of beer (and more water) in the morning and your hangover with be very much reduced. A hangover is only a very, very teensy bit due to other substances in the beverage - for example, Guiness - which contains a lot of vitamins and minerals is a bit easier to cope with in the morning.

Most of the chemicals you have listed belong to Amanitas. As such, of course the trip will be different on them - they're not a psilocybe mushroom!

What I was claiming is the Psilocybin induced trips will all be the same if the same amount of Psilocybin and Psilocin is ingested. Differences from one trip to another are only a result of your set and setting before injestion. If part of your set is "Oh this paticular strain is alot more visual than other strains, so I'm expecting a much more visual trip" - then it's not surprising that you may actually get one! This is due to your mindset, not the strain of mushroom.

If you don't beleive me, experiment on yourself. See if you can "guess" the strain of a friends shrooms. I'll bet you can't.

Like I said before, I can't even tell the difference between Psilocybin species (and that does not include Amanita Muscaria), let alone strains of cubensis - and nor can the author of the article that I quoted in my last post. Even if you do not beleive that I know what I'm talking about - you must concede that he probably knows what he's talking about.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #577564 - 03/13/02 01:07 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

There are countless alkaloids that vary in psilocybin mushrooms that are unstudied. As an example - native Australian Ps.Subaeruginosa has very high levels of an alkaloid known as aeruginicine. There are also others such as tryptophan that only exist in certain psilocybes and Ryche Hawk is currently studying an alkaloid that only occurs in Thai cubensis.
Its all too unstudied. And when the fuck was a Pan cyan trip ever like a cubensis trip??? Sure it feels like a mushroom both times, but pans are clean, cubies give body much more than higher psilocybes

--------------------

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #577574 - 03/13/02 01:26 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

I get a much more opiate-like drunk from Guiness compared to say Miller or something like that. I get a flushed rapid heartbeat from red wine. Vodka has hardly any effect on me, I can drink a 75cl bottle an remain (relatively) compos mentis, but an equivalent amount of Tequila will have me delirious.
Different drink contain all sorts of different alcohols in varying proportions, ethanol (what most people think of as "alcohol") merely being the most prevalent one.
And yes, I think different strains can have slightly different effects, also substrate if bound to have an effect on the kind and concentration of various secondary metabolites, psilocin and psilocybin just being 2 of them.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#577603 - 03/13/02 02:43 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

i agree with Seuss (both on mushrooms and alcohol). as far as i know, liberty caps aint the same with cubies (for me at least - i'm definately not experienced generally, but i would take libs anytime over cubs) as for if you were given the shrooms without knowing which in particular, and then be able to tell the strain... hey there are people that claim they cannot tell the difference between acid and shrooms this way.... maybe some people can do that

...also, i would propose that the difference is not only in the various chemicals found in the fungus but may also be on their "morphogenetic field" for those familiar with Rupert Sheldrake's morphic resonance theory. in brief, the way i understand this, particularly on mushroom strains, is that the way you will trip depends *also* - and i do not know to what extend - on all the previous experiences any man had on the particular strain... so if, for example, a lot of people had bad trips on a strain because of its very high potency lets say, then when you consume it, you have higher posiblility of having a bad trip and not *only* because of the higher potency... this may also mean that a particular strain that has been used by our ancient ancestors - shamans heavily for inducing religious-mystical experiences is more likely to help you have one, more that some other strain....

now, the morphic resonance hypothesis generally has not been verified, but the experiments till now point towards these effects being real

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: raytrace]
    #577635 - 03/13/02 05:25 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Aww: It's the NATURAL vs SYNTHETIC debate again, in yet another of it's many guises...

Albert Hofmann synthesized Psilocybin, Sandoz stamped it into pills and he found 'em to be Identical to the Mushroom experience.
He then took them pills back to Mexico and gave 'em to that Legendary Curandera called Maria Sabina. She found 'em to be Identical to the Mushroom experience.
Hey guys: that's proof enough for me... If a Curandera with decades of experience found those odd thingies to be Identical to the Shrooms she holds Sacred... I'd say f#ck what they'll find next in their testtubes, as long as it isn't toxic or carcinogenic!

The other alcohols, acids & aldehydes in alcoholic beverages are generally considered to be most related to the intensity & shape the hangover takes, at least that's what I've read. Having drank approximately a bucket or two of various beverages I'd say the % of alcohol and wether or not sugars are present are responsible for the differences in the inebriation I've seen...

As a Shamanistic guy I'd say the kind of Shroom is less important than the bond you've formed with the strain. But hey: everybody needs to find their own path...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#577745 - 03/13/02 09:14 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

yeah, i know this story with maria sabina, but i suppose she used them on a high dose, i mean i don't think you can notice differences on a level 5 trip or even 4, but on low doses, factors such as how social or visual is the trip may distinguish the mushroom

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: raytrace]
    #578506 - 03/14/02 06:07 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Yup: it WAS a hidose thing...

Why I like Liberty Caps most: The FLAVOR man! The Libs you buy in the shops here in NL have really got this "Forest/Humuslike" taste that's really grounding and for me: pleasant, quite unlike most shrooms I know of.
Them Azurescens-shrooms for instance taste like you're sucking on a coin!

But: if Maria sez all the Magic is there, I find that more trustworthy than some Chem theory and I ABSOLUTELY am in love with Chemistry...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #578954 - 03/14/02 05:15 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

I was thinking about my tea trip vs. eating fresh vs. eating dried of the same strain. All three experiences were qualitatively different.

Perhaps the anxiety / euphoria / edginess has to do with the speed of digestion. Some strains may be "woodier" or have a greater / lesser amount of cellulose which could affect the absorbtion rate.

Just a theory...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: Swami]
    #579246 - 03/14/02 11:30 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

I beleive that evey trip is somewhat different. It's my opinion that if you think this due to the strain of mushroom you're deludeing yourself.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #579536 - 03/15/02 09:38 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Sounds like we need to get some shroomers together for a double blind strain test and end all the speculation with some real research.

--------------------

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: Swami]
    #579558 - 03/15/02 10:03 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Hey Swami - cool avatar .

You might be intrerested to know that:
DET,
DMT,
Psilocin,
Psilocybin,
Baeocystin,
Norbaeocystin,
Serotonin
and Phenyethlamine
(and more - cant remember right now though) have all been found to have been produced by Psilocybes !

OK ?

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: Food]
    #579801 - 03/15/02 03:10 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Hey Swami! What were the differences in quality & were they consistent? To me each Trip is unique and yet familiar. I tried (homogenized) Cubies in different ways & only noticed a difference in the Rising, Strenght & Decline of it, this backs up your theory about texture & absorptionrate, but couldn't notice any consistent quality-differences like more Depth, Euphoria, Visual fx etc.

Hi Food! DET in Shrooms? I know of DMT being fed to shrooms to produce the N,N-Diethyl analogue of Psilocin, but have NEVER read it occurring naturally...
About those other 7:

PSYCHOACTIVE ORALLY : 3+4
POSSIBLY " " : 5+6
NOT " " : 2+7+8 and DET in tiny doses.

Considering all I'd say 3+4 and to a lesser extent 5+6 are the main players in shrooms. I believe I've read Baeocystin to be probably half as potent as Psilocybin, I believe in Ott's Super book "Pharmacotheon".

Shit: I think this Recovering Asshole is having a relapse...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineFood
---Beast---

#579876 - 03/15/02 04:27 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Hi Wiccan_Seeker :smile:

Yep DET has been found although I am not sure if it occurs in all types - same goes for DMT .
However DMT is not orally active .

I do know a girl who smoked some wild Psilocybe Cyanescens and she said it just made her giggle for ages and put her into a slighty dreamy state of mind so maybe the old DMT was responsible there .

Phenyethylamine is (BTW) also found in chocolate and is a drug you create(release(absorb)) when you fall in love .

Plus I have heard that there are possibly many others that havent been isolated .

What makes you think you are relapsing my friend ?

--------------------

OfflineFood
---Beast---

#579878 - 03/15/02 04:29 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Oh and to actually answer the original question I would say - Mazatapecs .

--------------------

OfflinePlatformStrange
Most Ancient
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The most ancient county o... Flag
    #5467254 - 04/01/06 11:52 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

wiccans right me thinks, there's more baeocystin in libertys than cubes, so effects will differ... but a lot of shrooms are very similar in chemical makeup.
They seem much more primal in their effect.

--------------------
==================================================
"Confusion is when neither of your feet are left and your trousers have infinite sides each of which has infinite surfaces."
"Do i need trousers where I'm going?"
"NO, GOOD LUCK SOLDIER"

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: PlatformStrange]
    #5467969 - 04/01/06 03:48 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

The diference in strains in natural specimens or specimens from the same grower vary little. the difference in species is the big difference (that's probably already been said but i didn't feel like reading through everyone's posts).
I recommend Psilocybe weilii (very euphoric, homey, down-to-earth, spiritual trip) for the trip you seek. However, growing them is a bitch unless you live in NW georgia.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Please recommend a euphoric strain! [Re: PlatformStrange]
    #5467970 - 04/01/06 03:48 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I have read that baeocystin is a mild respiratory inhibiter.
I find that a cub is a cub, but liberty caps VS cubes VS psilocybe baeocystis is a different story, and not only because one is more potent than the other.

For those who think the effects of beer, wine or hard alcohol, are the same, you are sorely wrong. There are so many reasons for this I just wont explain it. If you cant simply feel the difference, youre not very observant.

Im just kind of tired of these people who try to oversimplify everything, and always back it up with "its placebo". Only because they are so often wrong.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate