Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekaz
DoSeR

how much does weigh matter?
    #572594 - 03/07/02 04:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if im 125 and my friend is 250 will he have to take 2x what i take of classic PF? i think i will only need 2g and he thinks he needs 4g.is that right?

--------------------

I have never and will never use a screen in a glass piece.
That defeats the purpose of having a glass piece. Must be a canadian thing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: kaz]
    #575601 - 03/11/02 08:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

To make shit more confusing:

Generally weight DOES matter.
If both are averagely sensitive the big guy needs double the dose.
But since an average is just that, be very careful.

I myself weigh over 250lbs and can get completely bowled over by 2 grams of GOOD shrooms. So if you're both new to it and don't know the strenght of your shrooms, I'd say start with a gram each & see after 1 1/2 hours if one of you needs boosting or not. Its better to undershoot than to overshoot your mark.
If you cut 'em up into little pieces & mix those, potency of each gram will be roughly equal.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: Asante]
    #575884 - 03/11/02 03:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

john lilly came up with a formula that involved drug dosage, body mass, brain mass, and spinal cord length...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: gnrm23]
    #575892 - 03/11/02 03:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i remember reading in Leary's _Flashbacks_ some 5 years ago that the full dose of psillocybin ratio for females to males was like 7 pills for the females and 9 for the males, i believe. i'd be guessing that this had to do with body mass, but i ain't certain.....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflinecHeMiCaLoRaNgE
journeyman

Loc: Saskatoon, SK., Canada
    #580532 - 03/16/02 01:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

no way, weight almost certainly does not matter. Remember this, when an experienced tripper tells you that it is all in your mind he is absolutely right. a lot of people actually try to hard to trip and just get frusterated when they have come to the end and not been enlightened. You must relax, visualize, become aware of your body, feel the infinite amount of space around you, you must not only visualize but feel what you visualize with your senses, relax, feel your body becoming light, just imagine floating into the night sky with 360 vision. you must become alert in all your senses. alertness!!!!!!!

--------------------
<+> wOrLd PhIlOsOpHy CaN OnLy bE UnDeRsToOd ThRoUgH aStRaL aWaKeNiNg<+>

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #580577 - 03/16/02 02:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody that thinks weight doesn't matter needs to think again. In medicine, almost all drugs dosages are specified in terms of weight... mg/kg or ml/kg. Find me an LD-50 anywhere that isn't in terms of weight.

Your math is correct, 4g to match your 2g both give a ratio of 0.016 mg mushroom / kg bodyweight.

Anybody that doubts this, just think about drinking alcohol. I can get tipsy from a single beer (I am very light, <110lbs), but my friend that is very heavy (>280lbs) can drink a six pack before he starts to feel tipsy. Neither of us drink often so tolerance isn't an issue.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCaffRetro
wanderer
Loc: SK, Canada
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: Seuss]
    #585595 - 03/21/02 08:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

just a small comment on those calculations, you say that they'd both be taking 0.016 mg/kg
That'd be correct assuming the weights he gave you were in kg, but since he didnt say what units, it'd be safe to say he meant pounds.
The weights would then be 114kg and 57 kg, which would give you a dosage of 0.035 mg/kg

(which also could have been found by multiplying the 0.016 by 2.2 (conversion factor))

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: CaffRetro]
    #586634 - 03/22/02 08:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

"How much you weigh dosen't matter. It's how many grams of mushrooms you eat that counts." -- I can't believe you're a fucking moderator and you'd say something stupid like that. DO YOU HAVE ANY CONCEPT ON HOW THE BODY WORKS?! Why the hell do you think adults need 2x the medacine that kids do? Christ, what a joke. -- Anyways, weight is very important, but because potency of mushrooms is so hard to judge I suggest you start off low and work your way up to higher doses.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #586755 - 03/22/02 11:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well, I'm gonna have to disagree, I dont think weight matters. My friend is 6-8 and 350 lbs. He's experienced and took 3 grams with me and was blown away, while my other friend that weighs 115 at 5-6 was totally fine off the same shrooms at 3 grams too. Just a thought, I have no idea, but I think maybe the psilo goes right to the brain, unlike alcohol where it floats around in the bloodstream mostly where weight would absorb most of it.

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #586831 - 03/23/02 01:04 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Naturally weight isn't _THE_ deciding factor of how you're going to trip, but I assure you it plays a major role and it's not something to just overlook.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: how much does weigh matter? [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #587890 - 03/24/02 08:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The Psiloc(yb)in of your shrooms, or the E in your XTC for that matter, dissolves into the approx 70% of water your body consists of. This has a weight-related effect on the concentration of drug that your "receptors" will be exposed to.

All receptor-acting drugs I know of have a correlation between the conc + subsequent strenght of Drug effect.

Should everybody be the same exept for weight, mg/kg will always be right on target.

But there are individual differences. If you take the average response some react WAY stronger (have read 5x) or WAY more weakly (also about 5x for Psilo) & some don't react at all. Heavy guys reacting lightly & lightweights reacting more strongly is clearly a case of "Individual Differences".

But when gouging a dose for, say, a newbie several books state that the best guidelines are wt/wt calculations, like mg/kg or mg/lbs, if you keep it consistent.
My best advice regarding newbies: NEVER MORE THAN 1gr SHROOMS THE FIRST TIME & if necessary it may be upped 1 1/2 hours after eating this.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports