Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineapplebonkers

Thai and PESA?
    #572283 - 03/07/02 06:35 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Hello everyone! I am interested to see if anyone in here has had much experience with the Thai and PES Amazonian strains... I'm a first time grower looking for information on them. What kind of time will it take for the Koh Samui Thailand strain to be ready for plucking? The PES Amazonians? What is the potency like on these? Has anyone in here eaten them? If so, how much DRY weight did you eat to experience good effects. Thanks very much everyone!

--------------------
-- Ah, look at all the lonely people... --

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: applebonkers]
    #572291 - 03/07/02 06:55 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

My first attempt ever was with the amazonian. They were fast colonizers and GREAT fruiters... However, I've tripped better running with my shoes untied..

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: happygrins]
    #572300 - 03/07/02 07:14 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

thats a bummer happygrins-
i was planning on doing about 50 jars of amazionian- :frown:
hope mine turn out good-
i thought there was 3 pes strains-am i wrong?

pes amazonian
pes hawaiian
pesa

i have all 3-
the pesa are fruiting now-very nice dark fruits-about 10-15 per cake
the pes hawaiian are colonizing fast!
pes amazonian project not started yet
there is alot of controversey over these strains-thats why i got them :smile:
i thought they were supposed to be potent :smile:
i want to see how much difference there is in the pesa and the pes hawaiian-
are they the same? i will know soon-

as for thai strains-
i just harvested some lipa yai-i didnt like them at all-
i would have to say that i tripped better with my shoes untied (like happygrins :smile: )
Lee

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #572304 - 03/07/02 07:24 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

It is all relative to the factors.......temp,love(yes),time perception of growing experience,(heh),ratio of water/substrate....and more...
As for rhe "good effects" and the dry weight you have to eat,it is something that you will have to discover by yourself,because it is just  subjective to each individual.....the dose is relative with the body weight and "good effects" for me can be mild euphoria ,when for you ,hAlLuCiNaTiOnS!....and so on...however, there is a dosage calculator in the "how to dose" section at the front page...
Some definitional characteristics on the strains can be found at Ryche Hawks site: http://www.thehawkseye.com/home.html
Hope this helps, ***GOOD LUCK***  :wink:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: Sterile]
    #572316 - 03/07/02 08:05 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

PESA is not PES amazon or PES hawaiian, the amazon and hawaiian are seperate species the PESA is the rumored most potent cubie, but there definitley all different species... if you got the PESA from ralph then its really the hawaiian (im told) you can read the difference on the hawks eye...

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#572383 - 03/07/02 10:18 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

The PESA strain is a very potent visual fruit. But it tends to abort alot and is difficult to maintain alot of flushes. It does fush in massive form though.:)bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: bluhoney]
    #572401 - 03/07/02 10:41 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Very Nice, Bluhoney!
I am currently starting to work with those.. what did you use for the substrate/spawn?.. (im guessing wheat straw for the spawn)

Thankx!..

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: bluhoney]
    #572428 - 03/07/02 11:21 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

my pesa on cakes look nothing like that-lol-they way more red

--------------------

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: happygrins]
    #572476 - 03/07/02 12:31 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

The substrate I believe was whole brown rice( ther are so many I forget sometimes..LOL) But it was then used to spawn wheatstraw and compost.:)bluhoney  Yes the pes and the pesa are two different strains. I asked my friend who grew these and she told me it was whole brown rice

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Edited by bluhoney (03/07/02 02:02 PM)

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #572481 - 03/07/02 12:38 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

PESA or PES Amazonian? two diferent strains

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: pleezr]
    #572483 - 03/07/02 12:47 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Yes, 2 Different strains.... PESA is supposed to be way better...

Offlineapplebonkers

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #572612 - 03/07/02 03:26 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Thanks for all of your input..  I'm a first time grower, I went through Doc Bluethumb, anyone have experience with his beginner's kit?  The price was right, and being that I'm slightly handicapped, he accomadated me accordingly.  I have tripped (on mushrooms) a total of 3 times.  This is a very small number, and I am guessing that no matter what anyone in here says, 3.5 grams of the PES Amazonian will do the job :smile:  As for the Thai strain (Koh Samui) it looks like it's gonna win 'best all around' for me, because I want these little babies by the time spring break starts.  I was unaware that different strains produced (sometimes) very very different effects.  I'm going to start a new thread asking the question: "Favorite Strain?", so feel free to drop in on it and give your opinion on the feelings and thoughts as well as how much you ate etc.  Thanks!

--------------------
-- Ah, look at all the lonely people... --

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#572762 - 03/07/02 06:06 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

thee PESA tend to have very dark colored caps and they do abort alot. but the fruits that do mature make up for that. the PESA is my fav strain as of now. IME they reallly were not all that difficult to grow, some think they can be hard to grow.

--------------------
pleezr

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: LSD_4me]
    #572778 - 03/07/02 06:20 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

i disagree LSD. i got was was sopposed to be PESA Hawaiian(no such strain) from ralph. it would be safe to say the closest thing to corect his (typo?) would be PES Hawaian, maybe he added the A by mistake. anyway, when i got the syringe it had a sticker on it "PESA" thats it. so this told me it was PESA otherwise he would have gotten it right, i doubt he would make the mistake twice. as i grew them out they are definatly PESA. i am confident they are.

--------------------
pleezr

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: pleezr]
    #572907 - 03/07/02 08:43 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

your wrong pleezr, ralph is a cool guy but his PESA is hawaian and he'll tell you that himself... ive seen hawaian and pesa... their totally different! you gonna argue with bluhoney? i wouldnt! the pesa is more potent, as i said check the hawks eye for clarification...

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#573210 - 03/08/02 04:11 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

i have the
pes hawaiian
pes amazonian
pesa
all are very different i think-amazionian hasnt started yet-but the pins on the pes haw. and the pesa look way different

--------------------

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #573212 - 03/08/02 04:24 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

yep, hawian is a great strain, but its different than PESA, i think these are 2 of my favorite strains the hawaian gives a pretty easy trip, but its real visual

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #573280 - 03/08/02 08:45 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

ok; i have not ever had this 'amazonian' strain so i cannot say anything about that. as for the hawaiians and PESA they are definitely a different strain. the PESA i got was from lilshopofspores; fron their site it reads:
Psilocybe cubensis - PESA
A very potent cubensis.  Relatively fast colonizer, with small to medium fruit.  Originally sold by Pacific Exotic  Spora and labeled as a azure/cube cross, turns out to just be an extremely potent cubensis.
These colonized in average time(as compared to other jars i was currently doing). The pint jars done in about 3 weeks and went on to produce very large fruits with a pronounced nipple on most before full maturity and a nice deep caramel cap. These were picked before the veil tore at all some weighed in over 30grams off straw spawned w/ brf; even though it cought trichodermia nearing the end of the 1st flush which is why i never got prints or a second flush; but they were spectacular; large potent and pretty :smile:.
the hawaiians on the other hand i had 2 smaller casings of; both just as deep. these pinned and fruited like mad; like a forest of evergreens or more up close; nice and straight up with all caps overlapping; but they were never more than 3 or 4 inches and the stems never as big as a pencil; veils always still attached to the stem after maturity. not nearly as potent either. 3.5 grams of those consisted of 20 or so mushrooms; whereas PESA shrooms averaged about 2 grams apiece.
maybe lilshopofspores labels their stuff wrong but i doubt it; and can say PESH and PESA are different; but if my PESA is the same as Amazonian; i dont know. my $.02 based on real life experience; think still what you will.
peace.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Thai and PESA? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #573334 - 03/06/02 05:56 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

nope the amazonian is what PF carrys has a lot of body noise.... its definitley different what you described is a perfect description of the difference in hawaians and PESA... your PESA isnt a amazon... amazons almost never have pointy caps and thats one of the trade marks of pesa... although every once and a while a hawaian will have a point shortly after pinning but the mature fruits almost never have points

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck