Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5724428 - 06/07/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Brazil. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: Icelander]
    #5724521 - 06/07/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
One world govt.= antichrist :whoa:

??? well ???

depends on who is running things.

maybe we could be? maybe one world government = Reign of Christ / realization of anarchy without violence or chaos.
Quote:

dr_mandelbrot said:
peace leads to more peace

I am a firm believer in vibrations and us working as tuning forks. Everyone you associate with is forming you, as you are echoing eachother. Literally. That might be the reason why some monks have to withdraw as their sensitivity increases. There are just too much to take in, and the sensitivity is driving one in all directions. Thoughtwise and emotionally.

Eckart Tolle made a lecture called the flowering of human consciousness. I think you'd love it. Just give me space and I'll upload it for you. It's a 47mb file.

that's interesting and i agree. i think you can post attachments to the shroomery when you make a post.
Quote:

dr_mandelbrot said:
I have been toying with the thought of countries and the stupid way we divide our planet. If there ever came aliens to earth, think how absurd it would be if two competing spaceships decended on earth from the same planet. Cause they were from different locations on that globe and competing to get first to earth. It is ridiculus.

If we'd ever encounter extra-terrestial life, we would be gathered eventually. Even the most nationalistic of us would manage to see earth as one planet. Heheh.

what if much like eleven, alien crafts are merely staged as a fake "invasion" so that we will unite under a new world order of sorts (not the peaceful kind i'm referring to)?

Brazil sounds like the shiznit..... but let's paint a good future for America.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: leery11]
    #5724542 - 06/07/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brazil sounds like the shiznit..... but let's paint a good future for America.

The fresh paint is already going up on the walls, regarding a switch to alternative fuel. It's happening. Watch the video stream. You will feel really encouraged! :cool:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5728812 - 06/08/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well thank you all for not watching the video and in no way commenting on the topic of the video.

I'm not speaking about the declining economy and declining power internationally, I'm specifically talking about the fundamental break-down of democracy. Maybe, if you care, go back to the first post, click the link for the video, and watch it all the way thru. The current situation for the US is no secret, but alot of specifics and alot of events that happened need be questioned.

I guess the question really is, do you want to stand by idle as your government commits attrocities equivilent to that of the beginnings of the third reich? Is history really doomed to repeat itself? Why do 70 million americans want a re-investigation into 9-11, yet nothing is being done by the administration nor the people?

Why do we continue to act like we vote for the leader of the people, when we only have the choice of selecting the lesser of 2 evils, and even if another option is available, we are still more comfortable selecting the known evils?

Why are the American people so quickly able to believe blatant lies from the government without question?

Why are the people who claim to be the pillar of freedom so willing to give up any freedoms they had because of a threat that has already been around for decades?

Why did the government let 9-11 happen? (If you dont agree with the foundation of the question, meaning you dont think the government took part in 9-11 and/or knew it was going to happen, please do some basic research on the subject, and again maybe watch the video I posted to get a quick introduction on a subject mostly ignored)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #5728898 - 06/08/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"FAIRNESS? DECENCY? HOW CAN YOU EXPECT FAIRNESS OR DECENCY ON A PLANET OF SLEEPING PEOPLE?" -G.I.Gurdjieff

--------------------

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
    #5729314 - 06/09/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Very good and true quote

OfflineLostandFound
Stranger
    #5729797 - 06/09/06 06:11 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think this would be a good article for everyone to read.... full of disturbing things.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

--------------------
"Centuries ago, sailors on long voyages used to leave a pair of pigs on every deserted island. Or ... a pair of goats. Either way, on any future visit, the island would be a source of meat. These islands, they were pristine. These were home to breeds of birds with no natural predators. Breeds of birds that lived nowhere else on earth. The plants there, without enemies they evolved without thorns or poisons. Without predators and enemies, these islands, they were paradise. The sailors, the next time they visited these islands, the only things still there would be herds of goats or pigs. Does this remind you of anything? Maybe the ol' Adam and Eve story? You ever wonder when God's coming back with a lot of barbecue sauce?"
Chuck Palahniuk

OfflineLostandFound
Stranger
    #5729811 - 06/09/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

P.S. thanks for the movie link... i will forward it wisely

--------------------
"Centuries ago, sailors on long voyages used to leave a pair of pigs on every deserted island. Or ... a pair of goats. Either way, on any future visit, the island would be a source of meat. These islands, they were pristine. These were home to breeds of birds with no natural predators. Breeds of birds that lived nowhere else on earth. The plants there, without enemies they evolved without thorns or poisons. Without predators and enemies, these islands, they were paradise. The sailors, the next time they visited these islands, the only things still there would be herds of goats or pigs. Does this remind you of anything? Maybe the ol' Adam and Eve story? You ever wonder when God's coming back with a lot of barbecue sauce?"
Chuck Palahniuk

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #5730089 - 06/09/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

As a Scotsman I think that you guys have done not bad. Considering that you built the most powerful nation in the world from a melting pot/(salad bowl...) of nationalities, cultures and traditions in a matter of centuries, you did a remarkably good job of keeping it all under control. Not only under control, but let it flourish. But I think the time is up; Napoleon said "China is a sleeping giant. When it awakens, the earth will shake.." I think that's happening now.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: mr_kite]
    #5730134 - 06/09/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

How dare you! We've only just began (to rule the world) I suggest we invade Scottland and claim it for King George (Bush). :evil:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (06/09/06 10:08 AM)

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#5730144 - 06/09/06 10:13 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Scotland owns America. You can't get enough of our quaint little kilt-skirts and whisky liquor. :p

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5730147 - 06/09/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, what are you wearing under that kilt? :whacker:

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#5730210 - 06/09/06 10:40 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It's not a kilt it's a skirt. And Im wearing my girlfriends panties.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5730213 - 06/09/06 10:40 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

thanx for the link. very powerful sequences in there. Who the hell was that guy that spoke like a priest about "television being the goddamned tool of propaganda owned by the most powerful companies" or something like that? That guy was amazingly good. Or like that republican senator breaking into tears while making his speech. wow.

:thumbup:

I don't know what's happening to America, but its scary, and I hope people will rise to stop these outrageous liars and criminals within the US govt.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5730216 - 06/09/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mr_kite said:
It's not a kilt it's a skirt. And Im wearing my girlfriends panties.

Is she in them too? :wink: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#5730355 - 06/09/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Na she's in my bra :dogpile:

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5730359 - 06/09/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think what is happening to my country has to happen for it to improve. The more people become outraged, the sooner there will be some serious change. People need to be knocked out of their comfort and apathy and realize that something needs to be done. Corruption is rampant on both sides of the aisle and it has come to the point where there is no serious difference between the two parties. In one of these next couple presidential elections, I hope that the American people will realize that third parties are there for a reason.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5730424 - 06/09/06 11:54 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i hope with the advent of google video many sleeping people will stumble across the kinds of films they need to see to open their eyes.

look at google video's top100 videos, most are bullshit TV like distractions, but number FIVE is loose change, a video exposing the 9/11 conspiracy!

i can't stress enough that tv needs to be done away with, it creates amnesia about the most important issues while constantly reminding us that everything is okay and normal.

someone should play one of these types of videos on a major television network, or hack a television network and stream it but that's probably very hard.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: leery11]
    #5730446 - 06/09/06 11:59 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I also find it very important that people with very different views about politics (you and I, for example) can come together and agree that something needs to be changed.

I don't buy into the 9/11 conspiracy, but that doesn't matter. There are problems that had to do with 9/11 that didn't have to do with the conspiracy. It should have been stopped, but it wasn't. There were warning signs which were ignored. Our government is one who can no longer protect us, yet is taking away out rights as if it can.

I think it is very important for unsatisfied people from all political camps to be able to come together and demand some change before things go too far.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5730491 - 06/09/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

that's very true.

they could not even handle hurricane katrina, why should we trust them with out safety and think that removing freedoms will keep us safer?

what would be ideal is if people from broad politicial diversities could discuss these things in public with the common masses. i am not sure how much "they" know... the general public that doesn't follow the internet.

i would be a bit afraid to speak such things where i live. it would be a great idea to hold a screening of loose change or something of the sorts, any sort of eye opening video on how we are using our failures to pave a police state.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/09/06 12:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale