Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
What is happening to America?
    #5723719 - 06/07/06 05:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

First off, I want to make sure that everyone in this discussion has seen this video (you dont have to agree or disagree with the content, but the content is what will be discussed)

Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime

After watching the film, what are your thoughts? Why do Americans let their voice be supressed as a police state emerges? What can we do?

Fun fact: In the entire history of the United States, there has been around 300 presidential exemptions to the laws. Since Bush has been in office, he has created over 700 more.

Edited by OmEgAx1 (06/07/06 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #5723798 - 06/07/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

What is happening to America? Frankly, I think that America is losing the power that it has held as a world-wide power, and those who grasp that power are striving to sink their teeth further and further into that power.

I think that we, as a planet of individuals, will benefit from the loss of that power. I think that, at the very least, it is interesting to see other countries, such as Iran and China, become more and more predominant, even as they are operating with different forms of government.

I think that things will balance out more amongst everyone involved in this planet, and that everyone might be granted more of an equal oppurtunity, and yet, at the same time, not having such oppurtunity lessened individually.

Things are changing and things are growing. Those who gain in a specific manner from their current positions will resist such change, and their resistance will produce suffering. Ultimately, resistance will be futile, and we will grow more from the struggle, like a seed pushing through the soil. :wink:

America has always been confident and full of strive to obtain their manifest destiny. We have loss our sense of awareness and fallen asleep. Things will start to happen without us, and we will take in a deep breath and say "oh yes, that is the substance that we have been missing". We will then play our equal role in establishing a great Renaissance.

There will not be much more war. We are not going to destroy ourselves, the thought is almost absurd. We're just having some awkward times as we transition. :shrug: I think our time for mushrooms is almost here. :mushroom2:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5723874 - 06/07/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflineSchwammel
Auk

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5723884 - 06/07/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Iraq is going to hell in a hand-basket. The trade and budget deficits are spinning out of control, and petrol prices have gone through the roof. Yet the US Senate has devoted two days to a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage that everyone knew had not the slightest hope of passage.

In the meantime, the Senate is now to address the outlawing of flag-burning, another issue dear to the hearts of true believers, but of limited relevance to ordinary Americans.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5723928 - 06/07/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I pretty much feel about it the way FG does. Sure there is a break down going on, but its a part of the restructuring we can't see happening yet.

If you are going to remodel and expand your home to make it more functional, you have to break down all the old pieces of rotting wood, faulty wiring, shoddy plumbing, low ceilings, etc first. In the process, the house becomes a disaster,  yet, in time, as the work continues and the clean up and new starts to go up, things will start looking better. It's takes time.

Keep the faith. Not all people living in America are clueless or useless.  *********timing************ :wink:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5723942 - 06/07/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

FG let's start a reality together. I like your ideas.
you too jiggy.

I kind of feel the same actually. I realized people will not tolerate the world ending, and given the power of the collective mind I think we should make it through okay.

The main obstacle is the TV.

Look at google's top 100 videos.... LOOSE CHANGE IS #5. How wonderful!

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #5723975 - 06/07/06 07:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think the world is now entering what may be the biggest energy crisis to ever hit humanity. I don't think this will be a short crisis, or one that is at all avoidable. It all comes down to readily available energy - which we no longer have from this point on.

The state of America (and the rest of the world) today is a direct result of this crisis. We in the Western world have become used to and utterly dependent on our "modern" lifestyle. We have done this, largely, without a second thought to what the real physical costs were - the energy, materials, and labor needed to produce all the useless crap we tend to buy.

We all have a big lesson to learn - the difference between "needs" and "wants" - and we will be forced to learn it during the next century.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (06/07/06 07:05 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: What is happening to America? [Re: leery11]
    #5723979 - 06/07/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think I may want to leave the ship before it sinks. The average Amerikan would rather go down than give in and change. Don't believe it? Just stay on board. :wink:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: Icelander]
    #5724026 - 06/07/06 07:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

all other ships are connected to this one, though.

the people in charge know all well and good about the realism of any energy problems, it would seem that there is probably some solution that they are right now ignoring because they want to milk this way of living for as long as possible.

there may be an energy solution hiding beneath all the incompetency.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#5724042 - 06/07/06 07:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If there was a solution to the energy problem, it would be in trials right now - the cost of energy is already beginning to have a negative effect on the world economy.

Imagine you are the leader of a country: you know there's a problem, but you also know there aren't any solutions ready to use. Do you bother to tell your citizens? Is there even a point to going public? What purpose would it serve?

It also speaks volumes that so many of the major world leaders today have strong connections to the petro-industry...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5724074 - 06/07/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That seems a little arrogant don't you think. The world wasn't dependant on Egypt,Greese,Rome, etc. for survival.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#5724079 - 06/07/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

For sure! I've even noticed significant change in PAL over my two years reading there that the average norm is seeing behind more veils. It's getting harder and harder for some to defend the nonsense.

More and more in the world ARE opening their eyes wider day by day and seeing more. Little by little, people are opening the veils up for others to see behind them too. Soon, more will start taking down the old junk and those with heart, will rebuild something more stable and balanced in it's place.

Look at what happened with Enron. They were also behind all of the planned and fake power outages in California, just so they could charge more for the plethora of energy they always had, how they fell hard and fast.

That corp was a HUGE and Powerful Empire. One woman,(whistle blower) with a selfless heart and BIG courage, took it down. One woman alone started its topple, like with the push of the first domino.

Little by little, day by day........timing.

We all still have to live in the house (country) while its undergoing some serious and deep renovating. If the renovation crews knock down all of the walls at once, the roof will collapse in on all of us. We don't want that as much as we are eager for positive change. Patience is required.

Wherever you are in life, seize opportunities to pull away dry wall "veils" so others can see the faulty wiring and moldy rotting scum growing behind them. Take part in take downs of the greedy, corrupt, power mongering, il willed, old worldWAYS and mentalities. Forgive the people acting by them, or else you will become one of them. Join in the reconstruction, building for the good of all. Small scale, big scale, whatever. Every little here and there makes a difference.

The renovation energy behind all of this is increasing at mind boggling exponential rates too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#5724084 - 06/07/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
The world wasn't dependant on Egypt,Greese,Rome, etc. for survival.

The world wasn't connected to Egypt,Greese,Rome, etc. either. Today what happens in one place is almost immediately known everywhere else - we've formed an interconnected network (and not just the digital kind).

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5724093 - 06/07/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

That seems a little arrogant don't you think. The world wasn't dependant on Egypt,Greese,Rome, etc. for survival.

no, America is intimately connected to the rest of the world through technology, weapons, etc...

if something drastic happens ripples will be felt around the world, but possibly more like tidal waves.

If they gradually lose power others might gradually gain power, but if we gradually lose power, given we have ALL the power in the first place, it means we've eaten all the food, like the T-Rex, and now all the other dinos are just as screwed if not more, eh?

I dunno...

how can you know about anything? The entire world is very connected and interdependent as far as trade, resources, technologies, etc, go... unlike the world of the Greeks and Romans.... for them starting over from scratch was feasible, for us it isn't really.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: trendal]
    #5724218 - 06/07/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Doesn't mean that if Amerika becomes a third world country that the rest of the world goes down. Of course we do have the bomb and we are not as civilized as, lets say Russia. We could easily have a hissy fit and start shooting away just like John Wayne. :minigun:

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
Re: What is happening to America? *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #5724236 - 06/07/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by dr_mandelbrot (06/07/06 08:11 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: dorkus]
    #5724244 - 06/07/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

but are we heading toward singularity? or is that only if we want to?

i've been noticing higher vibes myself in my community.... peace leads to more peace.... etc.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5724269 - 06/07/06 08:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

One world govt.= antichrist :whoa:

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5724306 - 06/07/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Doesn't mean that if Amerika becomes a third world country that the rest of the world goes down.

But, much of it probably will. It is hard to distinguish the "America economy" apart from other economies.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: What is happening to America? [Re: trendal]
    #5724391 - 06/07/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Tren, Are you aware that Brazil has been pretty much independent from a need for oil for almost the last 10 years now? Over 80% of their cars run on vegetable fuels, over there moreso, fuel made from sugar cane.

How did Brazil get that free from the mid east and that far ahead of the U.S.A.? Google this stuff you guys. Brazil, the land of thongs and Mardi Grais has its shit more together then we do.

Our government can easily turn to alternatives. Bush says he is pushing for it now. Whatever about him, others are taking matters into their own hands in America. There is another way and its being paved now. :thumbup:

You will all love whats behind curtain number 3 here

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/economy/jan-june06/biofuels_4-13.html#

Click in the rectangle box to the right of the Biofules Box to watch the streaming video. Very enlightening it is.:yesnod:

It starts off at a restaurant trade show but quickly gets into a business collecting vegetable oil from restaurants and then, into Americas situation and interviews from Scientists and innovators moving things away from our dependancy on middle east oil, oil in general and into cleaner air.

One dude said he was threatened by the Saudis not to go ahead with his plans to manufacture the stuff on large scale or else they would just lower oil prices again to knock him out of the market place. He said they fixed it for the Saudis to go "water their camels" because our Gov will just raise taxes keeping gas prices the same until people switch and convert their cars and or buy new cars made to run on the stuff.

Ice, it looks like the Saudis ship may sinking soon. Perhaps we should be discussing any repercussions of that, related to connections, if there even will be any for us in the West. The people there are already poor. Only the greedy will get screwed and they will be forced to revamp their economies to generate a new source of income from trade. They will have new opportunity to rebuild for the better too.

And with this video clip, its another example of the fall of greedy Saudis and the rebuilding taking place by Americans who want a better way.

edit typo

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (06/07/06 08:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck