Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now...
    #5723193 - 06/07/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It sucks. Signs point to post-traumatic stress disorder. Odd, isn't it?

--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: theuser]
    #5723224 - 06/07/06 03:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

whats the post traumatic stress disorder coming from?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5723273 - 06/07/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what are the nightmares about, and how would you change them if you had control over their content?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: leery11]
    #5723292 - 06/07/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
whats the post traumatic stress disorder coming from?

Th bad lsd trip from 5 months ago? Sounds unlikely..

I ran out of pot a month ago. They got worse 2 weeks after I ran out of pot. (I smoked every other day or every other 3 days)

Quote:

leery11 said:
what are the nightmares about, and how would you change them if you had control over their content?

um, 2 nights ago I woke up smacking spiders off of me furiously, last night I woke up screaming, "Who are you?" over and over again. The dark figure in my dream's head turned all funny and kept getting bigger and bigger coming toward me. Blah.

The nightmares are random bullshit dreams, when I wake up I'm all creeped out and feel like (and do) turn on lights like I'm afraid of the bogeyman. :lol:

Control? I would rather they just not come so I can sleep and not be afraid to sleep.

--------------------

Edited by theuser (06/07/06 03:57 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723338 - 06/07/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

running out of pot can screw up your dreams actually...

you will balance out as long as you aren't living a continuously stressful or fearful daily life that is making them worse.

try sleeping in a different positoin, head where your feet normally go?

this will probably alter your dreams..... make you more aware of them and make you sleep a little lighter. it might be good or not but it would change your habit of associating going to bed with being fearful.

i know somehow i conditioned myself to have nightmares when at my grandparent's house but never anywhere else.... and my cousin felt the same.... so once you have a few in a row it gets stuck in your brain that you are going to have more ....

but i think something like switching your sleeping position could uproot the habit.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (06/07/06 03:57 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5723342 - 06/07/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You sound EXACTLY like my husband. He cannot sleep peacefully, never could. Before we got started on getting high, he would wake up in total fear, yelling. Sometimes he would run through the house without realizing what he was doing, so caught he was in the nightmare.

When he goes to bed high, this NEVER happens. I can testify to that.

But when we have a period of soberiety, the night terrors start again, sometimes with bad effects for me. (who likes to be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of frightened mumbling or yelling?)

So yeah. Don't have a solution on this end. Except MJ.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: MOTH]
    #5723351 - 06/07/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

mj isn't a good solution, learning to lucid dream is!

you can explore the deep dark places and learn things without them being so scary.

mj kind of dulls dreams down so you don't remember them very well.

wouldn't you like to fly up and turn that giant head into a pink rabbit or something then go fly around your town and talk to chicks and show them your super powers?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #5723431 - 06/07/06 04:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:

wouldn't you like to fly up and turn that giant head into a pink rabbit or something then go fly around your town and talk to chicks and show them your super powers?

You are absolutely right. Since I learned to lucid dream and to really know how it works, I just kept being stressed by the occasional nightmares I had.
And it really works turning the thing you are afraid of into something insignificant.
My last nightmare was that I had in my house some paper made creature, being all yellow and being "mean"... which I could suddenly turn into a lucid dream and started pinching it till I got it out of my house and I just kept repeating get the f**c out of here, you're nothing... not to mention the fun I had when I did it.
The only available solution to get rid and beat your fears is fight with them, not avoid them.
Sure, I'm not saying the weed is bad, but not for running away from whatever bugs you.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #5723446 - 06/07/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, lucid dreaming. How long should you need to stay away from pot if you are a daily smoker for the most effect trial? A few weeks for the cannabis to get out of your system?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723463 - 06/07/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

mmm it took me a month last summer to fully return to sobriety but i was getting high way too much (which isn't as much as most people on here seem to get high)

maybe about 2 weeks for the haze to clear but about a month before any shakiness or things like that to go away.

i also note that when i quit i have a tendnecy to get bad pangs of irrational fear and paranoia randomly.

so really you just have to smoke but never smoke yourself into a haze.... come down all the way before you smoke again (the high lasts a day or so after you first get stoned again, remember what that's like?)

maybe 3 times a week max ?

anyway I disagree about FIGHTING fears, that makes them strong as hell... this one time I was lucid and I was getting in my car from shopping and this girl was in, I kicked her out and she got so mad at me that she kept haunting me and I would just fight her and yell at her and she'd always be right there and would not go away.... she kept trying to stab me a lot.

:frown:

I think I eventually got her to leave me be by supervising her playing with play-dough and being more of a loving figure to her.

your fears want you to talk to them if they are in a humanish form, I would wager... if they are in a phobia form then they just need exposure and transformation to something not-scary.

fighting well.. you are just punching yourself.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/07/06 04:33 PM)

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5723473 - 06/07/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Yeah, lucid dreaming. How long should you need to stay away from pot if you are a daily smoker for the most effect trial? A few weeks for the cannabis to get out of your system?

I have no hookups, becuase of the distgusting pot laws in utah people are to afraid to sell it to people they don't know. I HAD some "coming" to me but I'm pretty sure it's been intercepted.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723494 - 06/07/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

dude you guys do have fucked up laws!

didn't they also assault, beat, feel up, and sick dogs on people at that rave with the national guard up in Utah, too?

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5723508 - 06/07/06 04:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I was at that rave. Helicopters, police in full military garb, the works.

I went around in the gehtto asking the mexican gang guys for pot but they prob thought I was a cop. :frown:

I do take uppers once in a while. maybe that's what is causing it and yes I do have high stress becuase I'm working on this marijuana community site and other sites ATM. I am a little fearfull becuase of the intercepted pot, I've been told it's okay though.

--------------------

Edited by theuser (06/07/06 04:47 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723554 - 06/07/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:frown:

have you tried college towns?

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5723560 - 06/07/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm moving to one shortly and I'll be right next to NYC. I'm sure it'll be easy to find then.

I have to go to my inlaws in Montana tomorrow, hope I don't wake up screaming there... =/

Anyway it's nice to talk about it. :smile:

--------------------

Edited by theuser (06/07/06 04:56 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723574 - 06/07/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ahh you should be able to get tons of quality in NYC.... it's decrim there too I think.

get a good vaporizer or cook though, no reason to put yourself in an early grave.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/07/06 05:00 PM)

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5723594 - 06/07/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
ahh you should be able to get tons of quality in NYC.... it's decrim there too I think.

get a good vaporizer or cook though, no reason to put yourself in an early grave.

It's illegal there but they only give you a $100 fine IF they even bother to take the time to bust you. Here, in Utah, it's a $1000 fine and/or 6 months in jail for under an oz.

Yup. I smoke out of this. Since they have shown thatmarijuana doesn't cause cancer I'm not to worried. Also when I smoke up I only smoke like every other day. I can't afford to live the pothead life style.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5723625 - 06/07/06 05:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well even if it doesn't cause cancer (maybe it's a cancer cure given it's anti tumor properties? that would be cool) it still causes other lung problems. mine still feel dirty after a month of no smoking or vaporizing... maybe 2 months.

it's a nasty feeling but has improved a lot and is almost gone.

also i'm not sure what that link is for, i don't see what you use?

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/07/06 05:11 PM)

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5723784 - 06/07/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

scroll down and you see my pipe and me in my profile pic. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5724206 - 06/07/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

there's no profile pic loading for me.

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5724284 - 06/07/06 08:20 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Forgive me, still working out the little bugs, fixed! Try again. :lol:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5724526 - 06/07/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that's tight.

is it a vaporizor piece (since we were talking about them and you seemed to indicate that) if so how does it work?

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5724737 - 06/07/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, no, it's just a pipe. Sorry. Anyway I might get pot tomorrow maybe that'll help with the nightmares.

I've been doing some relaxation de-stressing exercises and didn't work myself so hard today.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlinengnyus
the madherbalist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5724951 - 06/07/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I've been dealing with bad dreams for the past three nights, not really scary, but VERY emotional, bad emotions, jealousy, anger,etc. (generally involving my wife) all real as hell and I wake up feeling the same way, normally with tears in my eyes. It seems to me when I smoke salvia I have very lucid dreams for the following couple of days, but this is the first time they have been irrational.

--------------------

You reap what you sow

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #5725540 - 06/08/06 01:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

at least your not dreaming about being at work, thats worse then what your experiencing :tongue:

Maybe, ease of any drugs your using and start eating healthy plus a little 5-htp?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: barfightlard]
    #5726104 - 06/08/06 09:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i do not recommend 5-htp at all.

withdrawing off of it sucks.

the benefits well there seemed to be some but it also seemed to make you maybe +2 happier but with that happiness came a dullness and a flatness to things .... sort of curbed off the threshold of feeling to me.

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5726247 - 06/08/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not taking any drugs really.

No nightmares lastnight :smile:

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
    #5742204 - 06/12/06 03:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They came back as of today (last nights sleep) and a nap today.

Fucking hell.

In some sort of sick ironic twist this time the shroomery was mentioned in the last dream...

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #5742332 - 06/12/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

man, go see a doctor, if you want to get rid of this, profesional help is probably your best bet

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5742613 - 06/12/06 05:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

A buddy is bringing hash. I'll try that. :-)

Thanks for letting me vent.

--------------------

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
    #5748312 - 06/14/06 01:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Mmmmm. I still feel bad. Sorry I told ya three. =/

Pz,

G

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: Nightmares are getting worse, waking up screaming now... [Re: GoaM]
    #5751438 - 06/14/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tweaker_X said:
Mmmmm. I still feel bad. Sorry I told ya three. =/

Pz,

G

Not your fault, no ones fault, shit happens. :wink: :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds