Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Flax seed's purpose?
    #572313 - 03/07/02 09:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I just recntly purchased some flax seed meal and plan on using it as an additive to a brown rice formula, probably:
2 parts chunky brown rice
2 parts flax seed meal
1 part vermiculite
2 1/2 parts honey enriched water

I realize this will most likely be a very goopy formula, but if it colonizes healthy and completely, i believe the end result will be well worth the wait.
My questions are:
What is the advantage of adding flax seed meal to the substrate?
What possitive affects will it have on the finished fruits?
Also, with this formula, will it possibly be too sticky and solid to colonize correctly?
Again, im not pressed for time, so if it colonizes slow, i wont mind. Ive also done some research on it and came up with very little information about this. Any experienced input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by homage_etd (03/07/02 10:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
old hand
Re: Flax seed's purpose? [Re: homage_etd]
    #572334 - 03/07/02 10:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sounds good.
flax is just another grain that you can grow with; i dunno if there are ant specific advantages; just a difference like when comparing rye to millet.
also i would suggest fortifying the water with dextrose (the good ingredienmt of honey) by using either straight dextrose or karo corn syrup (i have yet to find any light corn syrup w/o vanilla but vanilla still seems to work ok). honey is only about 80% dextrose and corn syrup is almot 95%. use very sparingly like 1:10 ratio or less if youre mixing it w/ substrate. i use 1:10 for honeywater.
whats up man :smile:
i still got some rye left; did you get that to work ok? just got in a whole shitload of pure millet and oat groats; juststarting on those :smile:
yo i just got word that im getting an apartment next week!!! that means i get to have mt own setup!! (i need those quart jars back if you have any left :wink:)
PM me!!!!!!!! or call my cell after 7:30 tonite

Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation