Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Cakes in the blender???
    #571570 - 03/06/02 12:46 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

I might have screwed up. I read a post here a couple of weeks ago...so I tried it. Put 2 1/2 pt cakes in the blender (1 at a time) and then mixed in w/ the casing of verm/peat/lime/ and oyster shells. The casing was at field capacity. It has been 3 days at 86 degrees and the mycelium shows NO sign of recovery. Did I kill it???

--------------------
There's a Fungus amoung us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cakes in the blender??? [Re: PinkFloyd]
    #571640 - 03/06/02 02:24 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

Well if you MIXED the blended substrate in with the casing, that was not a good idea. :frown:

You were supposed to blend  and then set a layer of that in the container, THEN put tthe casing layer on that. 3 days, still is short, and it will take sometimes 4-5 days to see mycelium growing through.

See what happends, and if you see your mycelium coming through, you might wanna ptu a thin layer of casing and then just fruit.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #571704 - 03/06/02 03:45 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

i have blended few cakes for a casing once. it makes the substrate easier to make flat and level but it is just another step and dishes to wash. they can be broken up by hand just as wel.

and yeah you dont want to mix everything in the blender just the colonized substrate.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

Re: Cakes in the blender??? [Re: pleezr]
    #571719 - 03/06/02 04:08 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

OK...well I'll give it another 3 days, or until I see something. It's my first time, but from most of the posts I've read here...once the mycelium is exposed to air it goes nuts. B+ is supposed to be a fast colonizer, so I guess I was expecting to see SOMETHING by now.

--------------------

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
    #571767 - 03/06/02 05:37 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Actually, B+ is not a fast colonizer.

And you don't mix it in with your casing. You layer it.

OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

Re: Cakes in the blender??? [Re: Zylo]
    #571802 - 03/06/02 06:30 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

NOW YOU TELL ME!!! LOL. Ok, so I already kinda screwed up...Will this work, or should I start over...

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #571816 - 03/06/02 06:44 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Why blend a cake just to case it? No offense to anybody that does it, but why? What is the supposed benefit over just crumbling and casing, or for that matter, casing whole cakes and crumbling only enough to fill the gaps?

The only reason to blend a cake IMHO is if it's in water to make a slurry of innoculant. Or do it dry and use the powder to innoculate a bulk substrate like straw. Theres a guy whos been talking about doing that for a long time, and nobody ever seems to pay him much attention. But, it will colonize the straw faster than you can read this post, almost. Now that's worth the extra dish to wash!

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Cakes in the blender??? [Re: pleezr]
    #571853 - 03/06/02 07:37 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

B+ is a slower colonizer IMO......dont need a blender, just gives you yet another step to go thru and some dirty dishes.....being simple is the key, crumble with your clean hands. I use 99% alcohol on my hands and rub by hands together all over till it evaporates...werks!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck