Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Just curious(I'm getting annoyed)
    #570746 - 03/05/02 05:42 PM (22 years, 28 days ago)

Are any of the regulars of the hunting forums sick and tired of seeing shit like "Where can I find shrooms in New York?" or "What kind of shrooms grow in the Gobi desert?" or "Looking for hunting partner somewhere in the Siberain tundra area."

I don't know about you guys, but its annoying the hell out of me. I remember back when the hunting forums use to contain informative posts and questions about hunting mushrooms, and not crap about meeting up with someone in an area were bearly any psychoactive mushrooms grow, to go hunting "magik srhomms." Erg! Maybe things will pick back up in the spring/summer and the annoying posts will diminish... Or we'll just get posts about how someone picked a big white mushroom in the middle of the woods and ate it, and now they are wondering if they're going to die... but hopefuly the posts will take more of an intellectual turn within the next month or two... I'm just ranting and raving, sick of the cold weather.. it needs to be hunting season! Grr.. just a few more weeks.

I think that just about covers my rant and rave for the day.

Peace out,
-Gumby

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Just curious(I'm getting annoyed) [Re: Gumby]
    #571111 - 03/06/02 12:43 AM (22 years, 28 days ago)

It's great that heaps of people are interested in shrooms and want to find out what's happening. Why don't you post up your ideas for a "Beginners Guide to Hunting" and cover all the weird questions and answers that you can think of. Or post some answers to help the beginners out. But stop turning people off using the forums, everybody has to start off somewhere. Part with some of your knowledge on the subject and share it with everybody who's willing to listen.
Try to Peace out mate.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #571576 - 03/06/02 12:54 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I agree with MagicRooms, Gumbydude.
And remember, it's been Winter for a few months now. Things will most certainly pick up in the next few weeks.
As far as people posting questions that you'd rather not read, then maybe you shouldn't read them. The fact of the matter is that anyone can post any question they feel. That's what this site is about. If we can answer them, then we should do our best. That's the deal.
No offense, but consider the number of people who didn't reply to your thread because it was just something they'd rather ignore. Take their advice.
Also, I don't remember ever coming across a mushroom book that had arrows pointing to New York, the Gobi Desert, or the Siberian tundra area. The people in those areas just may be asking their questions to the only people in the world that could answer them. This is the BEST site on the web that can help those people. That's what we like to do...help people.
We like you and I hope we like me, but just think.....there are many people that can answer any question we can and sometimes even better and more informative. The great thing about us is that we are a team and we come together and do our best part at helping those that need it.
This is not about ego. Peace.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Just curious(I'm getting annoyed) [Re: Levi7]
    #571755 - 03/06/02 05:20 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I don't read posts I don't find interesting, but the forum has been overun with them lately, thus, this thread... I was just wondering if anyone else shared the same feelings... With that said, on to the other stuff...

I do share my knowledge, but only when the newbie shows some signs of attempting some research. It just makes me mad when people make no efforts what so ever to learn about mushrooms other than coming to the boards. I wouldn't mind answering questions that couldn't obviously and easily answered somewhere(erowid, lycaeum, books). Its not so much the posts, its really just the laziness of some of the posters on the boards. If they made the effort to go to google and search "find psychadellic mushrooms new york" or something along those lines I'm sure they would find something to get them started, and something for them to base their questions on, and it would save everyone(including the newbies) some time. It would also impress the existing members by showing that they actualy displayed some incentive to learn(hint hint;)).

I think we need to make a few posts about different regions of the country and how common mushroms are in those regions, and what types. Regions I am thinking about are: North East, South east, Mid west, South west(texas/az area), and Southern/Northern West Coasts.

Maybe some of the members in these areas would be willing to colaborate on this, making a few threads would be a hell of a lot easier than making a webpage.

Peace out,
-Gumby 

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #572332 - 03/07/02 08:51 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

I gotcha, GumbyDude.
My reply kinda sounded like a sermon, huh?
I too wish that people would do some easy research before taking up space, but some aren't that bright. For instance: A few years ago, I had no computer nor knowledge of how to use Windows, etc. Well, I figured out a little bit and used my folks' computer a few times. This site is the first mushroom site that I found. I actually didn't have any concept of how things worked and it took me probably 10 visits and thorough reading until I realized what a "Forum" meant! :P Pathedic!
Of course I didn't just jump in here and ask stupid questions. I already had many books and had been hunting for a long time. Then again, if I hadn't had any basic knowledge, I may have asked many, many stupid questions as I like to learn and again did not know much about computers. You know, I also found Poppies.org around the same time and only read their forums for months. I saw all these posts about PT! "What the hell is PT?", I thought to myself. Well, it took me a good while to figure that one out. Again, I didn't go asking any redundant questions there either.
See, I've made no point here. You're right! People need to do alittle studying like we did. Stupid me, I'll still answer a dumb question anyway!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #572648 - 03/07/02 04:06 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

lol Levi =)

So what ya thing about making posts about general areas of the US?

I think the areas that need it the most are North East(only 1 species of shroom that would be easy to find up there), South East, and Pacific northwest need the posts the most right now, I've seen lots of questions specific to these areas. I think I am going to go ahead and make a post out the south east.

Peace out,
-Gumby

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #573234 - 03/08/02 05:50 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

first i got to this forum i thougt it was a chatrroom!

so, a few days after i figured everytthing out teehee

gg

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Just curious(I'm getting annoyed) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #573324 - 03/06/02 05:47 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies