Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
"Maxalt" migraine medicine and LSD tolerance?
    #5716681 - 06/05/06 10:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I seem to suffer from frequent headaches. I seem to have a naturally high LSD tolerance. Does anyone know if this new headache medicine that my docotor recommended to me could worsen my LSD tolerance?

Here's some techinal info

http://www.maxalt.com/maxalt/shared/documents/english/pi.pdf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxalt

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "Maxalt" migraine medicine and LSD tolerance? [Re: LysergicRide]
    #5716712 - 06/05/06 11:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly, It sounds like you have some really shitty acid, that is if it is indeed acid.

When working with real lsd-25, and even the average blotter you can find your dose.
Naturally high lsd tolerance is certainly a reality. If you have real lsd that is well made and at an atleast average dose per tab, you should be able to find a way to trip very hard without fucking around with other chemicals.

I dont know shit about that chemical you mentioned(the one that may or may not highten your tolerance), but to me, it sounds like you are eating some really crappy acid.
300 mics would be quite intense no matter who you are. Thats why I say this.

Edited by stemmer (06/05/06 11:11 PM)

OfflineLysergicRide
Male User Gallery
Re: "Maxalt" migraine medicine and LSD tolerance? [Re: stemmer]
    #5716738 - 06/05/06 11:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

trust me... I've tried like 4 different strains/sources. 2 liquid 2 blotter.

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5716763 - 06/05/06 11:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I trust that you have a high tolerance but if you cant trip VERY hard off of 5 hits, your acid is pretty crappy. Thats all I was saying....

I know nothing about that anti-headache medicine.

I was just metioning that some people do have a high tolerence for lsd, but its never too far off the average tolerance.
I wish you luck with your lsd stew.

After tripping on lsd 80+ times Im pretty damn sure alot of it is a total joke.... Very impotent and very impure.

Edited by stemmer (06/05/06 11:19 PM)

OfflineLysergicRide
Male User Gallery
Re: "Maxalt" migraine medicine and LSD tolerance? [Re: stemmer]
    #5716839 - 06/05/06 11:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I can take 5 hits after not tripping for 2 months... and trip so hard that for 2 hours I feel like it is impossible for me to breathe because time and space are moving backwards... then take 5 hits 7-10 days later and have a relativly mild trip (few visuals, feel like im tripping just a little and can't sleep). Also, I don't smoke marijuana. I have a theory that marijuana smokers are more sensitive to LSD and have a shorter refractory period between tripping and tolerance elimation. I don't know if that is true or not... kind of a wild guess.

--------------------

Offlinethecazz723
Pharmacologist
    #5716889 - 06/05/06 11:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have been researching lately into the "triptan" medications used for migrane. They are seratonin agonists. Take a look at the structure of maxalt in the tech info link you have posted there......you can see the NN-DMT with a bulky ring hanging off it yea?? So would there be tolerance?? I think it's a possibility. take a look at imitrex, same DMT like backbone.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5716923 - 06/05/06 11:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LysergicRide said:
I can take 5 hits after not tripping for 2 months... and trip so hard that for 2 hours I feel like it is impossible for me to breathe because time and space are moving backwards... then take 5 hits 7-10 days later and have a relativly mild trip (few visuals, feel like im tripping just a little and can't sleep). Also, I don't smoke marijuana. I have a theory that marijuana smokers are more sensitive to LSD and have a shorter refractory period between tripping and tolerance elimation. I don't know if that is true or not... kind of a wild guess.

To some extent, Im sure you are very right about that...

"and trip so hard that for 2 hours I feel like it is impossible for me to breathe because time and space are moving backwards".
Thats very interesting dude, same here, cant breath and even forget to breath.

SOunds like you have a high tolerance, but you still trip very hard. I was more directing my comments at people who say they cant trip hard off of lsd.
Sounds like you know your shit.
I wish I could help you with your question about that anti-headache medicine. My guess is that it wont matter too much. The things that prevent headaches are likely totally separate from those drugs that can stunt the growth of a trip. Thats just my guess.....

SOme of those headache medicines prevent vasoconstriction. Which have little if anything to do with any trip you might be about to endure.

I wish you luck. Not that you need it.

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

#5716934 - 06/05/06 11:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

LysergicRide: Around 2 or 3 months my friend's dad who is a physician gave me a few samples of Maxalt after I had complained to him about migraines and regular very bad headaches. I took them on and off whenever I would get migraines or headaches. Sometimes I needed it twice in a day, sometimes once a week, sometimes 3 times a month, sometimes once a month. I have also dosed LSD a good handful of times before and after I started using Maxalt and see no change whatsoever. I think what you need to do is get hits from the same batch and give some to your friends. Both take 2 and see what the deal is. Also, are you taking Maxalt like 30 minutes before dosing? Because that's how long the Maxalt usually takes me for it to squash the pain in my head.
How often are you getting headaches? In short, more information.

OfflineLysergicRide
Male User Gallery
Re: "Maxalt" migraine medicine and LSD tolerance? [Re: thehandtruck]
    #5716994 - 06/06/06 12:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just got the maxalt for the first time today. i don't know how good it works yet. i was planning a trip saturday, 9 which would be 9 days after my last trip. i wanted to have a good trip and was worried it would interfere.

I never trip as hard as my friends on the same amount, and I always have to wait longer before I can trip get back to baseline tolerqance and trip the same. Some of my friend only have to wait 4-5 days. I usually have to wait 10-14 days, or 3 weeks to get the full effect.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience