Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomushrooms
Stranger
Mold on Shrooms???
    #5715647 - 06/05/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey whatsup i was just wondering if shrooms could grow mold on them and if so, how dangerous is it? I know shrooms can look blue and shit and i tripped with these same batch of shrooms a couple months ago but this time theres like a little furryness on a couple of the stems it looks almost like dust? I was just wondering if thats normal cuz i've never seen that before?
By the way the guy i got them from said that he had them vacuum sealed for the last month or two but he could be lying i dunno.

Edited by shroomushrooms (06/05/06 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Mold on Shrooms??? [Re: shroomushrooms]
    #5715677 - 06/05/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, when they are dried out, i have never had any mold of any sort. This makes sense since mold relies on moisture.

BUT... If they are allowed to absorb moisture from the air, they will mold and give you horrible stomach pains when you finally decide that you are gonna eat them anyway(which is a mistake that should only take one instance to learn your lesson about). This type of mold has always been green for me. Blue is fine, black might be fine(could be spores or deadly bacteria), and green is definitely a nono.

Check your shrooms. Do they bend? If they bend a lot that means they have pulled moisture from the air. Remember, you are handling rotting fruit there, it just keeps for a long ass time while dry.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5715679 - 06/05/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

What does it look like? color? smell? can you wipe it off?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Mold on Shrooms??? [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5715691 - 06/05/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nephlyte said:
Well, when they are dried out, i have never had any mold of any sort. This makes sense since mold relies on moisture.

BUT... If they are allowed to absorb moisture from the air, they will mold and give you horrible stomach pains when you finally decide that you are gonna eat them anyway(which is a mistake that should only take one instance to learn your lesson about). This type of mold has always been green for me. Blue is fine, black might be fine(could be spores or deadly bacteria), and green is definitely a nono.

Check your shrooms. Do they bend? If they bend a lot that means they have pulled moisture from the air. Remember, you are handling rotting fruit there, it just keeps for a long ass time while dry.

The type of green mold that grows on mushrooms is safe to eat in small quantities. also the mold could have been there before the mushrooms were dried.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Mold on Shrooms??? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5715707 - 06/05/06 04:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:

The type of green mold that grows on mushrooms is safe to eat in small quantities. also the mold could have been there before the mushrooms were dried.

True. I agree with this.

Though i can't say whether dried mold is any more healthy. I have never had an experience with it. When i dry mine, anything with a spot of mold goes into the garbage.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Mold on Shrooms??? [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5715758 - 06/05/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My friend ate some with green mold on em yesterday. He had a good time...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #5716292 - 06/05/06 07:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'd just get a knife and do some operations on them. if its just a little bit i'd just cut the moldy parts off and eat the rest.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract