Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi
    #563335 - 02/26/02 02:24 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

How would I go about getting either of these plants. Should I grow from seed, get a cutting, or order a whole plant somewhere?

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe]
    #563642 - 02/26/02 10:06 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

if you go to a couple of the websites that allow/encourage discussion or listing or linking of vendors, you will find sources for both species, live or dried palnt material, yaddayadda...
www.erowid.org
www.ayahuasca.com
www.spiritplants.com
www.theforbiddenfruit.com
www.entheogen.com
& mebbe a couple others, i dunno...
syrian rue seed prices can be under $US@20/lb (like 150 "doses") and caapi vine sections maybe $50-100/pound (like maybe 5-15 "doses")

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinedendro
journeyman
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe]
    #566502 - 03/01/02 02:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Caapi can be started with some difficulty from a cutting, best to buy a live plant if you can find one. Rue is also hard to start from seed (or keep alive) for most folks. I have caapi cuts or rooted stock by order, and live 3rd year syrian rue in 4" pots, pm me?

Offlinelobo121782
enthusiast

Loc: SD USA
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: dendro]
    #570480 - 03/05/02 11:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I am not sure about caapi I have never worked with this one, but rue is very hard to keep alive, rue is a desert plant, that requires a lot of sunlight. Germination from seed is very easy, and it takes some time, this plant also likes the temps to be about 85-90f, but from starting form seed, get one of those little mini green houses that you would buy from your local hardware store, they cost about 3.00, when you get this get some peat moss, and fill the containers of the mini green house. then here is the interesting part with rue, all you have to do is spread the seed on the top of the peat, do not cover them, just firmly press into the peat makeing sure that they are not covered, give them a good spray down with a water bottle, just to make the humidity in the mini green house a little high - sort of like growing poppies, when they sprout keep them in the mini green house until you see there main leaves coming in. then take off the lid and spray lightly 2 times a week, until there second leaves come in. them spray lightly 1 time a week. With this plant it is a little hit or mis kind of deal,

Offlinepsyko78626
people arestrange whenyour a stranger
Loc: central Texas
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: gnrm23]
    #570641 - 03/05/02 03:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Where could i ubtain syrian rue this cheep?

I like a blunt or a big fat cone but my dubble-barrel bong is gettin me stoned Cypress Hill

--------------------
"If there weren't no humps, there wouldn't be no gettin over" George Clinton

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: Anonymous]
    #571422 - 03/06/02 09:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

check out the vendor lists at www.ayahuasca.com or www.erowid.org or www.spiritplants.com or the links pages here at the shroomery...
also, ott and others have noted that syrian rue seeds are often sold at middle-eastern stores (arabs. ok?) as "sfand" or "esphand" or "zit el harmel" or several other names...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi [Re: gnrm23]
    #571423 - 03/06/02 09:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

wait a minute... didn't i already say that on the other side of the record??? where am i??? i'll just ckeck... *kshneroot eeeehay tuuuhnet....* ---it's all right, they're speaking chinese...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck