Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyriss162
Stranger
 User Gallery
Best strain for Invitro?
    #5711989 - 06/04/06 05:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering what strains you guys have had the best success with using invitro hpoo/wbs bags

Oh and a quick other question, what gauge needle do you think is best for sucking up lc? im using 16 right now and I think I need a larger size tip, because none of my wbs jars show growth after a week=/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Syriss162]
    #5712574 - 06/04/06 08:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

OK lets see as far as invitro strains ive tried 5.they are Equador(very succesful invitro),Penis Envy(very succesful),Cambodian(not very good),Acadain Coast(average)and PES H(about average also).I would say the best of the 5 was Equadors.Large Fruits,fruited easily invitro and were fast and forgiving.Also i averaged 4 full,nice flushes invitro with them,dunking and cold shocking between flushes.

As far as what gauge,well really it shouldnt matter.As long as your shaking your LC up first and breaking that myceluim up with the agitator you should have inside the jar,then you will have mycelluim inside the syringe whether you see big chunks or not.Now naturally the more you have,tthe faster and better it will colonize but if you are getting NO growth after a week then i suspect you have a problem with either your procedure or something else.
Also are you trying invitro with WBS?If so you will be dissapointed with your results i believe.Ive never had much luckj getting succesful amounts of fruit off invitro grain jars only PF.

Do you have a marble or a piece of glass or something inside your LC jar and are you breaking up the myceluim before sucking it up?
You can try sucking up some liquid culture and injecting it into another steralized karo jar.that way if it grows into another LC you know its not that and may be your substrate.
You cn of course use a bigger gauge needle if you want,however ive always used 18 Gauge and nevr had any issues.

--------------------
....Said the can of Cheese!

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Easy_Cheese]
    #5712737 - 06/04/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: invitro...

gauge does matter.  too small and those tiny spores wont go through.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Jim]
    #5712743 - 06/04/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry for laughing, but I always get a kick out of that old invitro tek that is floating around... some guy basically forget about his jars and decided to make a tek... it cracks me up!

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5712750 - 06/04/06 09:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

its such a waste of a cake

i did 2 or 3 jars invitro and the shrooms came out all rock hard n shit and i didnt want to eat them

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Atheist]
    #5712753 - 06/04/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have never done straight up cakes...

I don't sell or anything, but I do bulk substrates just because... if I'm going to do somehting, why do it half assed? you know?

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5712759 - 06/04/06 09:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

definitely

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

#5712823 - 06/04/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:

gauge does matter. too small and those tiny spores wont go through.

No...first of all he is talking about LC not spores and second of all spores are microscopic so if he was talking about spores,gauge wouldnt matter.However he is talking about LC so it does depend to a greater extent.

As far as invitro goes you all have it wrong.IHave done Invitro many times as well as many other ways.Invitro is easy,trouble free,discreet and can produce very good results.now although as you and i both point out some strains do not work well this way and either wont fruit at all or the results are miserable,however other strains strive invitro.I have had invitro jars grown with Equador strain that produced just as much if not more that cakes birthed and fruited normaly.Yes they are deformed and flat looking but if you arent growing to impress the OMC,but instead growing to enjoy the fruits of your labor then who cares what they look like as long as they are potent.
I have had several times inn my life where i wanted enough shrooms for me and a few friends but didnt have the time,drive,or place to start a big grow at that point.So i would pick up a case of jars,make them up and knock them up,put back in box and forget about them for the most part.Then when they were colonized i filled them with water,shoced in fridge,drained,and put back in box.2-3 weeks later i would open the box and have enough shrooms for our needs for several times.dunk again drain,put back in box,harvest again..ect...No hassle,no work,easy as pie and good results.
Nothing funny about that.Not everyone has the desire or need to grow pounds of mushhrooms.I can provide many pictures if you want of very very succesful invitro grows that would knock some traditionally fruited cakes off the map.Is it the best most productive way to gro?absolutly not,however it is not some crackhead tek,(i didnt even know there was a tek...lol)its a valid way of growing for some.

--------------------

Edited by Easy_Cheese (06/04/06 09:25 PM)

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#5712843 - 06/04/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

see I missed the lc part...

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5712851 - 06/04/06 09:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

provide the pictures

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#5712864 - 06/04/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I still fail to see how it is worth it... Unless you are trying to grow mushrooms in your sock drawer...
and yes I know i am replying to you, STR...

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

#5712869 - 06/04/06 09:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

they arent mine i have to do a search so it will take me a few minutes but ok i will.If roger is around or hippie3 im sure they have toms also.BRB with them.

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5712896 - 06/04/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:
I still fail to see how it is worth it... Unless you are trying to grow mushrooms in your sock drawer...
and yes I know i am replying to you, STR...

use the REPLY TO feature wtf lol

i hate invitro

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#5712903 - 06/04/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I was talking to you, thats why i replied to you... since you are on my side on this one apparently..

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

#5712955 - 06/04/06 09:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok heres 3 i found quickly.There are many more and better ones ive seen but im not trying to show that invitro is better than regular methods only that it is succesful,these should help to prove that and i dont wanna look anymore..lol :grin:.
*These are from Mycrotopia and are only to show you.

Also check out this thread:
Invitro grow

--------------------

Edited by Easy_Cheese (06/04/06 09:55 PM)

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5712991 - 06/04/06 09:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They're all small, twisted, deformed, hard, mutant looking mushrooms. And you're only producing a tiny amount compared to what you would using any normal growing method.

Also from your description of your methods you are putting in more work! Filling with water, draining, cold shocking, etc. And then waiting longer for less fruit... That's pure foolishness. Just dump them out on some wet perlite. It's much easier and produces far better results.

The only reason to use this method is if your a little kid trying to grow mushrooms in your sock drawer without your parents finding out. And we don't want to encourage that now do we?

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5713003 - 06/04/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a few of mine. A good, isolated invitro strain will begin pinning within a week of full colonization, and look like the jars below two to three weeks after that, even on straight rye berries. With multispore inoculation, getting a good invitro performer is going to take a lot of misses before a good hit. Be sure to clone the fruits when you find a good one. You can't get more stealth than invitro and they're great for having freshies whenever you want.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: fastfred]
    #5713023 - 06/04/06 10:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thats an idiotic and close minded post.I am not a little kid,i nevr said this method was better..learn to read and i dont grow this way as a rule of thumb i said i have.Finnally it may sound like alot of work as i stated(although it doesnt seem like it to me)however total time to fill 12 jars with water and stick in the fridge then drain(something you would be doing regardless of method if you dunk your cakes) takes a total of maybe 10 minutes.Also they are not all small shrooms,ive had some very large shrooms,twisted yes but sooo?again who says you produce only a tiny amount?thats not true.And none of the mushhrooms i ever grew this way were hard.LOL
Your post is nonsense.I wish hippie or roger rabbit or someone would step in here.

--------------------

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5713028 - 06/04/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for that roger i was waiting for you.I was posting the last wen you posted.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5713043 - 06/04/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Easy_Cheese said:
...im not trying to show that invitro is better than regular methods only that it is successful,these should help to prove that and i don't wanna look anymore..lol :grin:.

I don't thing anyone is arguing that it won't work.  The point is that after you've invested all the time and effort to produce colonized cakes, why squander 75% of your potential yield for lack of $5 worth of supplies and 10 minutes worth of work?

I once left inoculated cakes sit for a couple months in total darkness and when I finally remembered to check on them they had produced quite a few pale white mushrooms.  The mushrooms were alright, but the yield was around 10% of what I would have gotten using normal methods.  This goes to show that you CAN just inoculate cakes and then forget about them.  Eventually they will usually produce, but it's wasteful.  To use that as your "planned method" is just plain foolish.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck