Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Portable Greenhouse, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Spawn Bags, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: fastfred]
    #5713070 - 06/05/06 12:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

read rogers post and look at his pics.We are not talking about just forgeting your jars for a couple months.As the originbol poster asked what strains are good for invitro?I said in my 1st post next to each of the 5 strains i have tried this way,which worked and which didnt.When i tried Cambodian invitro i got results like you describe.When i do invitro with equador i get jars like the ones pictured.In these jars i get just as much as if i grew it in a fruiting chamber.
On top of that you can go the next step and instead of multispore of a specific strain you can clone as roger stated and shows then you never get the grows like you describe,you infact can get some amazing yields as pictured in his post.

--------------------
....Said the can of Cheese!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

#5713096 - 06/05/06 12:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It would be pretty cool...

if you had a giant jar and a giant pressure cooker, mang.

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Easy_Cheese]
    #5713111 - 06/05/06 12:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I see that you only have 41 posts... But if you think that RR's pics represent "amazing yield" you have a lot more learning to do. Perhaps those are amazing yield for "invitro", but they don't look amazing to me by any other standard.

There simply isn't room in the jars to get a decent yield. A normally birthed cake will produce a volume of mushrooms that simply won't fit in the jar it came from. That seems like a pretty simple bit of reasoning to me, I'm surprised you're even arguing it.

You are also only going to get 1 flush before you have to dump the jar out to get at the mushrooms. 2nd and 3rd flushes are often much larger than the first, so there's another waste.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Midst of Time........
Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: TonyMontana]
    #5713130 - 06/05/06 12:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

YOU ARE AWESOME DUDE><><><><><><><><><><><>

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

--------------------
Remember, the best drug, is a natural drug.....

Peace, Fratirnityishly, Smoke Da Stuff, Special Chocolate

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

#5713141 - 06/05/06 12:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow you are foolish.Post count doesnt mean jack..lol
Second i grow invitro when i do in wideneck jars and simply slide the cake out and get a second,third even 4th flush.(its shows again you didnt actually read this thread as you again state things that have already been addressed)And rogers jars pictured werent finished yet.Oh thats right you can make them go from spore to harvest overnight right?
Ive seen many and grown many mushrooms i dont need a high post count to know what im talking about and im not pig headed and close minded enough to think that any method that i dont understand or have success with is shitty.Grow up.After all you have 977 posts.Your acting like a child.I dont like growing with popcorn but im not stubborn enough to say that it sucks because i havent had success that way.

--------------------

Edited by Easy_Cheese (06/05/06 12:38 AM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: TonyMontana]
    #5713180 - 06/05/06 12:43 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TonyMontana said:
It would be pretty cool...

if you had a giant jar and a giant pressure cooker, mang.

Ever heard of large spawn bags and an AA 941?  :cool:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5713191 - 06/05/06 12:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

> Post count doesnt mean jack..

Never said it did. I just assumed you're a noob since you have a low post count and are being a total jackass to anyone who disagrees with your totally incorrect advice. It also looks like you registered less than a month ago, which makes me think you're probably such an ass that you either got banned or are/were so disliked that you have to start posting under another name.

I'm not being closeminded or pigheaded, I'm simply offering my experience and opinions on a method that I've acutally tried (only by accident). You're free to have your own opinion and offer it to others, but you're telling people that they can get good yields or sometimes even better yields by leaving the cakes in the jar. That's just plain wrong.

If you want to have a constructive discussion try using facts and reasoning rather than name calling. If you want to continue to argue you need to attack my reasoning or present some facts. Nobody here is impressed with infantile name calling.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

#5713217 - 06/05/06 12:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

whatever man.I nevr said its a better method,in fact ive said several times now its not.,you can get good yields,youve only tried it by accident according to your own post,well others havent by accident-thats the point by accident maybe you do get shitty results,when specicly grown this way using clones,or specicic strains that work better than others you get more succesful results.You just keep posting without reading others posts-or at least not comprehending what you read because you keep repeating invalid things and twisting words so your right .
I tried facts and you skim over them and dont acknowledge them go back and actually read this thread.Thats probably because youve been here for 2 years you must know it all.What an ass.

--------------------

OfflineSyriss162
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5713286 - 06/05/06 01:16 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

this is rediculous first of all, because im NOT GROWING INVITRO IN JARS, im talking about filter patch bags with a few lbs poo mixed in with the colonized wbs....just clearing that up

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5713294 - 06/05/06 01:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Again with the name calling...

I did read the entire thread. The point I was trying to make was that if you go entirely invitro then you're only going to get 1 flush, which is a waste. If you're going to birth the cakes after the first flush, then why not just do it in the first place? I see no clear reasoning for producing mushrooms invitro unless you really need a method that allows you to innoc. and forget or you want to reduce your yields for some reason. Perhaps you don't want to have large amounts of contraband around or you bought a dozen jars and don't want to grow and waste more mushrooms than you plan to use. Those are reasonable reasons, however if you're thinking of watering the jars and draining and cold shocking them you'll have wasted more time and effort than birthing them and you'll get a lower yield in exchange for more effort. If you are only interested in a small yield for a smaller effort then you don't need to do anything after inoculation. Simply let the jars colonize and then expose them to light. You'll have a zero contam risk and zero effort other than turning the light off and on. You could get a timer or simply leave the light on continuously for a zero effort solution.

Anyway, to try and make this thread again constructive... PF Classic will produce fruits even in the worst conditions. The strain seems determined to fruit. You can leave it in total darkness, with no air exchange, no dunking, and no effort and it will eventually produce some fruits. If someone, for reasons not clear to me, wants to produce fruits invitro with no extra space or work... I would say that PFC would be a good strain choice.

-FF

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5713297 - 06/05/06 01:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

fastfred and Easy_Cheese...

stop please!~

there is no need to argue about this.

If you can't play nice together...take a walk.

dig?

hope so!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Syriss162]
    #5713305 - 06/05/06 01:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Syriss162 said:
this is rediculous first of all, because im NOT GROWING INVITRO IN JARS, im talking about filter patch bags with a few lbs poo mixed in with the colonized wbs....just clearing that up

"In vitro" is Latin for "in glass"...

-FF

--------------------

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

#5713691 - 06/05/06 03:18 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

o no he didnt
:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

--------------------

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5713697 - 06/05/06 03:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

but jeeze... invitro is the name of the tek dude...

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5713739 - 06/05/06 03:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dudefromaz said:
o no he didnt
:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

:rofl2:  :rofl:

--------------------

OfflineMushaHouse
Land 2 Next tothe Green Pipe

#5956788 - 08/12/06 04:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Im glad theres people like fastfred hating on hippies invitro tek.With invitro you get stealth easy concealment high potency yeilding no fanning no misting. Shit if it was up to me that invitro tek would have remained a secret.

Invisibleitsbreck
Crunk
Male
Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: Jim]
    #5956828 - 08/12/06 05:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:
I have never done straight up cakes...

I don't sell or anything, but I do bulk substrates just because... if I'm going to do somehting, why do it half assed? you know?

my thoughts exactly

--------------------
:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: itsbreck]
    #5957091 - 08/12/06 07:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am trying out an invitro grow and a double tub right now.I had read that Texas was a great strain for invitro.I am not doing jars either they are fully colonized rye spawned to 50/50 Tenn stud an filter patch spawn bags.I had some leftover treasure coast from the double tub and I made a few bags of this as well.The Texas seems to be doing great but out of all the treasure coast bags only one or two of them colonized the poo in the bags.This is the 1st time I have done any of this but I would have to say that the treasure coast in not good for invitro and the Texas appears to be doing great....Now if only I could get the damn things to pin,They have been colonized forever.I have cut holes in the bag for Fae and than taped them up.And I am now removing the tape every day to let air in completely defeating the whole point of doing something that requires little attention.As a newbie myself I would have to say that either I am doing something terribly wrong or the people who say that invitro is a effortless way to go left something vitally important out of the tek.I am not trying to be stealthy at all as a matter of fact the poo bags are taking up more room than a green house would in my closet.And don't be fooled into thinking it is some painless effortless tek,I will certainly invest my time in more double tubs or something on my next grow unless the yield on these poo bags is really amazing and somehow I doubt that all this effort,space.etc is going to pay off as good as some other methods would have.Being the most handy person on the planet I am afraid to even see how bad I would fuck up trying to set up a Martha with modified cool mists and that sort of thing but it seems to me that most of the truly impressive grows come from these kinds of Martha/greenhouse type setups...Good luck no matter what you chose to do

Offlineshampoo
The Dog
Male
    #5983179 - 08/21/06 09:31 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

if you don't like invitro so much. don't read his thread. i guess after a couple thousand posts you become a whinny little bitch...
go for a walk....loser

Offlinewhatsthestorymg
badwithgrains

Re: Best strain for Invitro? [Re: shampoo]
    #5983230 - 08/21/06 09:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

x.x go wash your hair and calm down shampoo.

--------------------
I pity the fool who don't enjoy a good cubie :mushroom2: :mrt: :mushroom2:
I pity the fool who don't enjoy a good van eyck  :mrt:

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Cattle Prod of Loving Kindness

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Portable Greenhouse, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Spawn Bags, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation