Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: Veritas]
    #5710805 - 06/04/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I simply find it hilarious when society or the world's troubles are used as an excuse for not wanting to raise children, not because of the ill environment in which they would have to live in, but simply because of the way they would turn out in that society.

Parents simply have no influence, it seems. :lol: Perhaps if parents did assume their responsibility and influence their children effectively, we wouldn't have so many fucking problems in the first place. :grin:

*is still jamming to Rush's The Trees* :headbang:

Learning the acoustic intro on the keyboard as well, since my guitar is broken in half. :shocked:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5710818 - 06/04/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

what is stopping you from approving harm?

:rofl2:

Come on. :tongue:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5710834 - 06/04/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think that many people cannot tolerate the difference between influence and control. They want to outlaw everything which offends or disturbs them, or which they imagine would disturb the proper order of society. The idea that their power can only extend so far as influencing others, rather than outright control, is frightening.

As a parent, I recognize that there are some behaviors which I can temporarily control, but that, ultimately, the choices my sons make will be up to them. I influence them far more through my actions than I do through my words, and so it is important to me to enact the values I would prefer them to hold.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #5710844 - 06/04/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

in conclusion..... oldwoodspecter gets the big thumbs down as well as the 2006 Absurdity Award.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5710852 - 06/04/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

2006 still has several more months left in it...and OWS has some serious competition!  Let's not be hasty...  :lol:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5710910 - 06/04/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I think that many people cannot tolerate the difference between influence and control. They want to outlaw everything which offends or disturbs them, or which they imagine would disturb the proper order of society. The idea that their power can only extend so far as influencing others, rather than outright control, is frightening.

Exactly, and it is this fundamental (appropriate word for many reasons :lol:) concept that has influenced (:smirk:) the manner in which society has led itself in America over the last fifty years, at least. Individuals fear that which shocks their own preconceptions of what is the right and proper behavior, consider their opinion on it the absolute sense of right behavior (which has absolutely nothing to do with their religion............................................................... :lol:), and since their view is God's, they allow themselves to do God's work in acting agansit such behavior.

No wonder society is so fucked up.. blame the fundamentalist Christians.

Of course, we already all knew all of this, but might as well express it in order to beat some dead fucking horses! Muahahahahahahaha! Let's rape the dead horses after that! :evil:

:lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5710919 - 06/04/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

:shocked: :rotfl:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5710940 - 06/04/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think that the desire for control of our environment (which our imagination can extend far beyond immediate surroundings) is human, and not the exclusive domain of Fundamentalist Christian or other restrictive cults.

What is taught by many religious leaders is that this desire for control is not petty, is not fear-based, is not self-centered, and therefore should be allowed free reign (so long as it conforms to the standards of your particular cult, that is.)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5710954 - 06/04/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I have a problem with beastiality and pedophilia not because they are inherently wrong, but because the idea of consent in both cases is so hard to judge.

In most cases, an animal can not tell you whether or not they would like to engage in intercourse with a human being. In the case of a child, when does this child reach the point (maturity level, not necessarily age) where he or she can make an informed decision about whether he or she would like to take part in a sexual act? Also, one has to take into account the factor of coercion by a parent figure or other dominant figure of authority when considering consent.

I am not entirely sure where I stand on this issue. I completely dismiss the concrete consent age legislation set in concrete by the state governments, since there are many more important factors in one's sexual maturity other than age. On the other hand, there has to be some sort of law regarding consent to sexual acts by children, because they would easily be coerced into "consenting".

That make any sense?

:shrug:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5710957 - 06/04/06 12:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think it is the result of a certain way of thinking which is ultimately short-sighted and not reflective of the nature of reality. It is not necessarily human, but is certainly widespread amongst humanity. :lol:

I think we should push for legality of the ultimate taboo - having sex with dead, adolescent, homosexual animals. :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: Redstorm]
    #5710998 - 06/04/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

when does this child reach the point (maturity level, not necessarily age) where he or she can make an informed decision about whether he or she would like to take part in a sexual act? Also, one has to take into account the factor of coercion by a parent figure or other dominant figure of authority when considering consent.

This could be said about many "adults," also.  Should we be subject to a maturity/resistance to coercion test prior to being allowed to engage in sexual intercourse, sign contracts, produce TV shows (:lol:), post on the Shroomery, vote for President?

Obviously the biological age limit we have set for some of these activities is not an appropriate benchmark for adequate maturity.

Quote:

In most cases, an animal can not tell you whether or not they would like to engage in intercourse with a human being.

Certainly animals cannot give verbal consent to engaging in sexual activities.  Here we must use the "measuring stick" of potential harm and basic willingness (yes, animals can certainly communicate this! :eek:).  If the animal is being forced into or physically harmed by the sexual act, then this is abuse, not intercourse.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5711006 - 06/04/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You're taking what I said to an absurd level which you know I would not possibly agree to.

Do you believe that there should not be any limits to consenting sexual acts between adolescents and adults, regardless of whether or not the adolescent is mature enough to determine what he or she is actually doing?

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: Lakefingers]
    #5711008 - 06/04/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i ask people what intrests them, because i am interested in people, and always looking for new intrests myself-
that is why i ask them to share with me.

i ask because what intrests a person is what they love
and love is most interesting to me.
since god is love, and what is moving between a person and their intrests is sort of the only thing that matters in existence.
it is really the only fair intelligent question to ask anybody, at any time.

there are so many errors in your reply to what i said, i'm wondering if you are a robot?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #5711021 - 06/04/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A tweaker ho who came by my buddie's house started playing with his big dog's unit. I wasn't there but I know who she is and what a whack job. (OK, pun intended but she is). I told my friend he should hire her to perform with the dog and charge admission.

Upon further thought I didn't want the dog to get sick from her STD infested vagina...

Is there such a thing as a dog condom?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: Redstorm]
    #5711040 - 06/04/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What I was saying is that determining maturity is not a matter of pulling a biological age out of a hat & legislating that age limit.

I think that the limits set on interactions between any humans should be determined on an individual basis. The extended period of adolesence which we observe in "civilized" society has not been in effect for very long. We say that someone who is 12 years old is too young and vulnerable to engage in voluntary sexual intercourse, yet they would be considered ready for marriage in other cultures, and in our own culture a few centuries ago.

What if the age of consent was arbitrarily raised to 35? What if the U.S. legislated against pre-marital sex at any age? Would these laws be protective, fair, just?

Let's discuss who determines whether we are "ready" to be sexually intimate, and whether the structures around such activity should be legal or social. (As in enforced by the government or by the family.)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5711073 - 06/04/06 12:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I think we should have more shotgun weddings. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5711079 - 06/04/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, that's the solution. Or just stop teaching kids about sex at all...then they won't know what to do!!

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #5711104 - 06/04/06 12:58 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What I find interesting is the reality that to many 12 year olds oral sex isn't even considered to be "sex" (OK blame Clinton).
Contrast how the kids talk at school or with each other abour sex versus the parents dream world of continued innocence that may have been lost long ago. I'm not talking about 12 year old girls having sex with 42 year old men but with other 12 year old boys. Well of course some 12 year old girls will be having sex with the 42 year old men along with every age inbetween and past 42, but that is not my point. The point is that when I was 12, nobody (to my limited knowledge anyway) in the class even knew much about sex let alone was engaging in it.

The age of consent in the US is high because it allows parents and the government to control kids until they graduate from high school.
18 for sex matches nicely with being able to live away from home without legal hassle, being able to vote, and being able to join the Army. Age of majority stuff...

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (06/04/06 01:01 PM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: pedophilia and animal sex [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5711136 - 06/04/06 01:06 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, but what does living for 18 years have to do with becoming mature enough to make important decisions? Many people I've met who were much older than 18 were still not capable of rationally considering the consequences of their choices, much less accepting responsiblity for those consequences after the choices were made.

This is why social issues, such as sexual activity, are more appropriately handled on an individual basis, within a family or community. When we can focus on the capacity of the individual, rather than some imagined capacity attained at a specific age, then ability to consent is more accurately determined.

Also, what is our government doing in our bedrooms? Unless one of the individuals involved in the act is objecting, it is NOT GOVERNMENT BUSINESS!!

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #5711142 - 06/04/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Quote:

Sexual deviations and harm go in the same cathegory: something that people often get offended by.

Nope, sorry, they do NOT go in the same category. Sexual deviations which occur between consenting post-pubescent partners, whether those partners are primates or other animals, do not need to concern anyone else. If some outside party (YOU), decides that they are offended by these consensual acts of other parties, that is THEIR problem!

Causing harm, i.e. physical injury, to one of the parties involved in the action is not merely "offensive," but a violation of individual rights.

And who says you have a right not be be hurt? A law enforcing government! Not the stars.

In nature, you have no rights other than those you manage to fight for yourself

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order