Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
PES confusion
    #570803 - 03/05/02 06:51 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

in my uderstanding there are 3 PES strains, PES Amazonian, PES Hawaiian and PESA. correct? or are there others?  the hawks eye explains alot of this in there PESA discripition. 

anyway, before i started investagating this i bought a PESA Hawaiian syringe from Ralph.  since then i have learned that their is no PESA Hawaian only PES Hawaiian.  correct?  as i grew this strain out(which is labeled PESA Hawaiian) i believe i have the PESA, because of the point that some of the caps come to.  now the PESA was thought to be a azure hybrid due to its potency and pointy caps, correct?  this is how i have concluded ralphs PESA Hawaiian is just PESA.  i PMd him about his and he didnt sem to care to explain :frown: 

something else that confused me is the discription of B+ at MushMush, in it they say the B+ was thought be a azure hybrid......WTF?  now is it the B+ or the PESA that was thought to be the hybrid??  through my investagation it seems its soposed to be the PESA.  and the B+ at mushmush resemblehe B+ but look more like the PESA. 

anyone care to explain or correct me if im wrong? hope im not causeing more confussion

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Edited by pleezr (03/05/02 07:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: PES confusion [Re: pleezr]
    #570940 - 03/05/02 09:35 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

PESA and PES Amazonian are the same strain. PESA was supposedly to stand for PES Azure, or something like that, but after it turned out to be a plain cube it changed to Amazonian.
There's no such strain as PESA Hawaiian, just PES Hawaiian.
So there are 2 PES strains. There used to be more but apparently they weren't much good so nobody grows them any more.
Both PESA and B+ were at one point touted as azures, but neither turned out to be.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: PES confusion [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #571155 - 03/06/02 01:39 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

champion,

i think you are mistaken, read the discription to PESA at the hawks eye. there are thre strains metioned, the PES Hawaiian, PES Amazonian and plain ol' PESA. I am hoping to get someuseful info from this thread. go to the hawks eye and check it out!

--------------------
pleezr

long standing member;)

#571168 - 03/06/02 01:52 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I've read that page at T.H.E many times.
"I am hoping to get someuseful info from this thread."
Well, if you found my post useless due to the fact that it does not agree with your ideas then I apologise, and I'll make sure to keep my ignorant mouth shut in future.
Fool.
Why don't you ask Ryche himself? He may surprise you.

--------------------
hmmm........

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #571225 - 03/06/02 03:34 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

P.E.S. stands for pacific exotic spora, a company from the hawaii
P.E.S.A stands for PES amazonian

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #571228 - 03/06/02 03:43 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

hey cdc, the highlander in the pic is you???

long standing member;)

Re: PES confusion [Re: CLuB99]
    #571246 - 03/06/02 05:04 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

tha mi
(ie yes;)

--------------------
hmmm........

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
    #571271 - 03/06/02 05:49 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I now doubt. If you're right, champions des champis, that would mean most of us had wrong references. I wish someone who growed both PESA and PES Amazon could tell us their experience.

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

InvisibleMicronMagick
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: pleezr]
    #571283 - 03/06/02 06:26 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PES confusion [Re: MicronMagick]
    #571399 - 03/06/02 09:15 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I believe your right on the money there. People seem to have gotten PESA and PES Amazon mixed up over the years, and there is little way to know what a vendor has unless you ask the vendor. Even at that, they probably didn't get it from PES, but another vendor or grower who could have gotten mixed up. I argued the PES strains with Max in the vendor forum a while back until we were both blue in the face, to little resolution.

I would also like to mention that the strain being sold by some people as PES Hawaiian, and by others as Hawaiian, is an excellent strain. It was my mainstay, all time favorite for years. I find it unlikely that the confusion issues between the PESA and the PES Amozon also happened with the Hawaiian. I bet all "Hawaiian" cubes originated from PES, with little to no mix ups over the years. Seeing as how there aren't wild cubes in Hawaii, it seems unlikely that anyone would call a strain Hawaiian if it didn't originate from PES's HA. My avatar is of some HA's.

And yes, B+ was also touted as an azure at one point in time, as were several other strains that never made it into the mainstay of popular cubensis strains. People sure do like to hype their strains sometimes, and nothing is more tempting and lucrative than the old Azure/cube hybrid gambit.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: PES confusion [Re: mycofile]
    #571523 - 03/06/02 11:43 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

amazonian and PESA are not the same strain, and hawaiian is also different, ryche hawk explains that on his page... read the PESA description and the amazonian.... he doesnt carry the hawaiian because he doesnt like it...

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#571683 - 03/06/02 03:13 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

champion you need to chill!! i didnt say what you said was useles now did i? i just corrected you politely.  looks you like just learned some new info then huh? i was in no way attacking your post.

when i purchased this strain, it was being sold as PESA Hawaiian.  like i said i asked ralph and he only replyed "its PESA Hawaiian" and that was it. he didnt care to help with the confusion i pointed out.  i know what i got is plain PESA. 

PESA is one kick ass strain for any of you who havent worked with it.  i recomend getting ahold of it. very very pretty mushrom :smile:

we've got 2 different ideas of the PESA and the PES Amazonian in the above posts. so we have figured that there is a diffferece in the PESA and PES Amazon right?  if anyone has a print of PES Amazonian to trade for a PESA we could compare the two. 

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #571852 - 03/06/02 07:36 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I bet what you got is not PESA, but rather PES Hawaiian. Many people refer to the company PES as PESA on accident. He probably simply had a lapse for a few, and wanted to say PES Hawaiian, but said PESA hawaiian instead. I find it less likely that it's either of the other PES strains, and he accidentaly through in the word Hawaiian. I mean, it takes a little thought just to spell that word. PES/PESA, easy to confuse, but anything with the word Hawaiian in it is a little harder to get confused.

You dig?

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #571856 - 03/06/02 07:38 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

your original post backs that up too. The PES Hawaiian can throw a good number of pointy caps. It either has extremely round bulbous caps, or nice pointy ones. The HA's in my avatar are more bulbous, but the one on the end is a little pointy. I'll see if I can find a nice pointy HA pic for you...

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #571870 - 03/06/02 07:50 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Those are the best pointy cap HA pix I could find quickly, but I assure you they get even more pointy than those sometimes. I think you got the PES Hawaiian.

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#572128 - 03/07/02 12:51 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

hmm...good point! it very well could be Hawaiin. wish i had a digi cam to show you guys. excellent fruits either way.

--------------------
pleezr

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#572160 - 03/07/02 01:13 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

accually check out Pavlovs Dogs post in pictures forum, PESA on straw. this makes me 99.9% sure they are PESA. they look like exact clones of my PESA. ill have to aquire a few PES strains to compare them.

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #572365 - 03/07/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

How is the stem? The HA's have always had the meatiest, most solid stems I've ever seen. Almost never hollow. Not that that is a deffinate, I'm sure it can varry with substrain, just an idea in case your stems are a little light.

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#572490 - 03/07/02 12:52 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

as the flushes go on, the shrooms themselves are getting huge! the caps can seem out of proportion compared to the stems, meaning the caps lok to big for the stems some times.

when i ordered the syringe i was labeled PESA Hawaian. if it was a typo then it wopuld be safe to say its most likly the PES Hawaiian, yet when the syringe came it had a sticker that said plain ol PESA. damit!!! mycofile would you like a print?

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #572961 - 03/07/02 09:36 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

That's just plain wacko!  Unless I'm looking at an older version of ralph's site, the only of the PES strains he has is the Hawaiian.  He does have it mislabled as the PESA hawaiian, which he should correct if he reads this.  I know he has the hawaiian, because we have discussed it a couple of times.  Unless he's added some of the other PES strains, I'd say you got the hawaiian. 

If so, yes, it can produce some huge caps.  Huge shrooms period for that matter.  Like I said, it was my all-time favorite for a long time.

I do appreciate the offer of the print, but I don't grow anymore.  Just talk shop.  I gave up the hobby a long time ago in favor of a much more rewarding breeding experiment :wink:  Cultivating just isn't worth the liability when you've got a family to think of.  I like to practice the hobby vicariously through the boards these days.  So, if you've got an extra print, pass it on to someone else, with my love.

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#573431 - 03/06/02 09:25 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

whatever the strain, it rocks!

--------------------
pleezr

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds