Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC
    #5706866 - 06/03/06 08:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey guys i found these two caps and a button of what i have come to the conclusion of being Amanita Muscaria. i used the tax. key's in Mushrooms Demystified and i used the pics andeverything i could to narrow down to genus and species. ive come to the conclusion of Amanita Muscaria. its the yellow variation not the red that everyone loves (SMERFS!) but i wanted to make sure

yea so thats them i found them yesterday here

right on that street corner :smile:

but then last night i had them spore dropping on some paper and the little one(not the button) molded right up!! and the worts on the big cap are starting to turn a little moldy. the mold is like green like the penicillin mold stuff that grows on like oranges when you wait too long to cutem up and eat em. its like a greenish gray fuzzy mold. and it deff wasn't there when i got em
are they still ediable? even with the mold ??? should i cut/scrape the mold off on the smaller cap and should i take off the moldy warts on the big cap??? help me out guys :smile:

-SenselessRebel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMead

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: SenselessRebel]
    #5706873 - 06/03/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Neat find, I'm unexperienced with that species, but I would for sure cut out the moldy parts.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: Mead]
    #5706880 - 06/03/06 08:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Did'nt you post in a forum yesterday saying you allready ate them..

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5706905 - 06/03/06 09:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice specimens. They certainly appear to be A. muscaria. I would not eat the moldy parts. You should just throw that one shroom away. There's a good chance that some more will pop up in your spot anyway. Get the others dried or cooked up as soon as possible.

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: xmush]
    #5706964 - 06/03/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i fort the ones with yellow caps are the deadly look alikes

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #5706974 - 06/03/06 10:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely A. muscaria var. formosa. Most folks here, myself included, would not advise eating them. Mold or no mold, they're dangerous mushrooms, and do not give desirable effects.
Beautiful mushrooms tho :cool:

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5707016 - 06/03/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Its the wrong season, those are fall mushrooms. There are many species in the family that are deadly!

Amanita rubescens

Amanita aspera

Amanita caesarea

Amanita velatipes

Amanita pantherina

Amanita phalloides

Amanita vitadinii

do some research!!!!!!!!

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5707077 - 06/03/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It is not the wrong season. Amanita muscaria can certainly start popping up early in the summertime. It would be difficult to confuse his A. muscaria var formosa with any of those mushrooms that you listed Kielbasa, and not all of the mushrooms that youl isted are deadly poisonous. Caesarea is eaten by many people, though the american version, which is likely a different species than the european one, does cause some GI upset in a lot of people. Amanita rubescens is also edible.

As far as experimenting with amanitas in general, definitely do your research! Read a lot of reports of people's experiences with this powerful mushroom. Most people never try it more than once, however many people find it enjoyable in moderation.

Be careful and good luck

Edited by xmush (06/03/06 11:04 AM)

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: xmush]
    #5707158 - 06/03/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have scene some projectile vomit with these guys.

I have had sedatative expierences.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#5707250 - 06/03/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
I have scene some projectile vomit with these guys.

I don't doubt that at all! :scat:

I have had sedatative expierences.

Sounds interesting... I assume you are talking about muscaria in both cases?  I've never tried them, and probably never will, but I imagine they are something that takes some serious thought and physical and mental preparation.  Not to be taken lightly.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5707637 - 06/03/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I have experience picking those and I say they are muscaria var formosas.

http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Hunting/AmanitaMuscariaVarFormosa

Also this is a classic habitat for them

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5708083 - 06/03/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, not to mention the shear numbers of subspecies in this genera, with some of the most deadly mushrooms, positive id becomes difficult and crucial.
Those specimens have a clearly defined concentric rings at the base. In other specimens, those rings may not be as defined. Making it high risk for less than desirable effects.
They're still worthy of hunting, they are beautiful  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineChops
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5708808 - 06/03/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

There suposed to be red!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: Chops]
    #5708834 - 06/03/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:laugh: :cool: :shocked:  :sun:

--------------------

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5711893 - 06/04/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Wow!!
lots of feeed back
where to start:
Mr_Psilocin - Maybe...i did try a little bit on friday with my friend after makeing sure of their genus and species but i definitely didn't finish the whole cuz in my book they say that someone just had a nibble and freeked out so i just tryed a small amount with my friend and today i just did alittle more but both times i didn't do it with out being high on pot first but odn't worry guys i identified it thoroly being completely strait im not stupid :smile:

as xmush  said, A.Muscaria is very hard to mix up with the other Amanita's. i carefully followed the dic. key in the book mushrooms demistified and i checked and re checked many times. i also looked at all the other Amanita's and saw that there aren't really any others that look like muscaria and the book had fantastic pictures in it of this species. i definitely recomend this book by the way

eris- moderator! thanks for looking! im just a noob and so i appreciate alll this fantastic feed back. edit: also eris, do they normally grow under that type of pine tree?? cuz that link you gave me, the pic on there had the same type of needles on it?? what kinda pine tree is that?? do you know??? or is it even a pine should i say, what kinda conifer is that? anyone know??? thanks!

chops- they don't have to be red (i know i love the smerfs too :smile: ) but as you can see by the thread title this is the east coast not the west so red don't really grow here....i hope to live on the west coast in somepart of my life

thank you everyone for looking! and im happy that everyone else aggree's with my identification of it being A.Muscaria!!!! Wahooo!! no hospital for me !(ok so i know that sounds dumb but still it was my first found mushroom and im happy i identified it correctly and i was 97% sure i was correct but stilll......that 3% ate at me :smile: but ididn't gtet sick and im not sick still soo.l..good signs.)

im going to throw out that one that is moldy and continue to revisit that place where i found em but SHHHHH!!! don't tell anyone where it is!!!! :smile:

just in curiosity (can't spell high nor push the buttons) what would happen if you ate the mold??? would it kill you??? probablly will get you sick won't it...oh well good thing i followed instinct and didn't eat it!!!!:) so should i pulll off thos warts on the big cap that might be al ittle green?? cuz i found out that leaveing the caps in the overturned jar over night to print made them moldy. toooooo much humidity! but its ok i took of the jar on the big one before it got molded but i think the warts are alittle green but i dryed em out and they look nice now....should i pull off the warts just incase?? cuz they are still alittle green? and will that effect potency???
thanks guys for helping me out
-SenselessRebel

Edited by SenselessRebel (06/04/06 05:01 PM)

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5711919 - 06/04/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Storing wet mushrooms in places that don't have good air exchange or can't "breathe" is bad. Things like this can cause it to rot, mold, etc.

Eating something that is rotting could probably cause food poisoning. I wouldn't risk, no matter what kind of mushroom it is.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineXbollweevilX
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: eris]
    #5712239 - 06/04/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Don't eat it. These mushrooms, the red type, grow everywhere here. I have had friends try them and not one experienced anything pleasant. Mostly a lot of sweating and vomiting. Headaches the next day.

We do dry it and smoke it after getting stoned. It gets rid of the cotton mouth like nothing else. Use it for that if anything.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a civilian.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria??? found near DC [Re: XbollweevilX]
    #5712252 - 06/04/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Don't eat the mold. Chances are that it wouldn't hurt you. Could cause some GI upset. Worst case scenario is that it is a penicillium or other species that contains aflatoxin. This is something that can do a number on your liver and also increase the risk of certain cancers later in life.

OfflineSenselessRebel
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5712302 - 06/04/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yea dude it looks like penicillium like the same stuff that grows on the skin of an orange if you leave it for too long
well, sorry XbollweevilX  ive already eaten quite a bit of this shroom the little cap i threw out in my yard :smile: hopeing but doutfull :smile: thanks everyone for stoping buy and XbollweevilX  i'll deff try smokeing it for cotton mouth cuz that would be amazing if its a remedy!!!
so far tho ive had no neg effects from eating it though i haven't eatin that much yet but....nothing bad yet!!!
will scrapeing off the warts decrease potency???
thanks guys
-SenselessRebel

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #5712718 - 06/04/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They need to be specially prepared in order to remove the toxins in these mushrooms. I have heard a number of methods to do it, but even so I would definitely not be eating them!

You didn't just eat them raw did you!? If so you could poison yourself!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds