Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkanksta
Stranger
How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!
    #575145 - 03/10/02 04:10 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Hey, how many people here get visual disturbances like pictures + patterns swaying from side to side gently if u stare at them in the right way, and stuff bending slightly? I don't mean flashbacks, I can induce this whenever I want and i can think clearly. Please reply if you have anything similar, tell me about it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNacNac
journeyman
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: Skanksta]
    #575184 - 03/10/02 05:18 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Yes I have this too... It started after my first trip... My first trip was not a high dosage at all (1 gram or so) but I still tripped hard for some reason..

Anyways ever since then if i look right at stuff it will start to move or swirl but not really.. its hard to explain though... It only happens sometimes though and if I really try...

From reading posts n stuff on this page I figure that my brain remmembers the way it looks and will start to make it move... I have never dosed before and have only zoomed 3-4 times so i doubt its a flashback especially since its been happening ever since my first low dose...

Also my friend has this jimmy poster and when he turns off the lights I can make it totaly swirl around like im tripping.. its really crazy

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: NacNac]
    #575205 - 03/10/02 05:43 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

I've seen lots of info around the net that talks about how the more "standard" hallucinations caused by drugs (breathing, melting, morphing, tunneling) are just exagerations of visual disturbances that are always present. They are a natural result of the way our eyes gather information and the way our brain processes the raw visual information.

Here's what I've concluded from what I've read. Normally, your brain learns to "filter out" or "smooth" the disturbances so that you just plain don't notice they are there. I think it's a fairly accepted fact that our brains filter out what our subconcious doesn't consider "vital information" to our immediate thought. Meaning if it isn't something vital to everyday decision making then it isn't needed so our brain, in a sense, removes it from concious recognition. The disturbances are still there, but you just don't notice them.

If you decide to concentrate on them, it's an entirely different story. Now the disturbances are part of your immediate thought process, and they become visible to at least some degree. It's not that your brain is causing the disturbances, just that it isn't filtering them out anymore because you are trying to pay attention to them.

The whole topic of visual processing in the human brain is pretty interesting, I think. Like the fact that our brains only pay attention to movement. If something isn't moving in your visual field, it doesn't exist as far as your brain is concerned. You can't notice it, but our eyes move constantly back and forth in little wiggles that are too small to see even if you are looking at someone's eyes. There's a technical name for it, but I can't remember it at the moment. This is good, because it keeps your visual field in constant motion, however small, meaning your brain continues to process what your eyes are seeing. If you could somehow stop your eyes from moving at all, you would loose all vision in a matter of seconds.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: trendal]
    #575214 - 03/10/02 05:56 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Interesting read tendral, thanks.

>>If you could somehow stop your eyes from moving at all, you would loose all vision in a matter of seconds.

What about moving objects, such as a person walking in front of you, would they still disappear if my eyes ceased to 'jiggle'?

Also is the jiggling called nystagmus? Or is that just the exagerrated wiggle that some drugs (ie MDMA) cause?

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #575380 - 03/10/02 10:47 PM (22 years, 23 days ago)

No, any movement in your field of view would be visible. I always wonder what exactly it would be like to go temporarily blind in this manner, and what a moving object would look like during the temporary blindness.

I don't think the jiggling is called nystagmus...but I could be wrong. I doubt it is because they say you "get" nystagmus from MDMA (and other drugs), but the eye-jiggles I'm talking about are always there. I'll try and find the name when I get the chance.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#575609 - 03/11/02 06:48 AM (22 years, 22 days ago)

HI SKANKSTA...

Can't do that yet... But am working towards it.
Could you do that before you Tripped?

What I get: when I really stare into a mirror in a particular way, my face morphs into non-human ones expressing all sorts of emotions, generally within a minute if I seriously try.
The fact that I'm uglier than a pig's ass doesn't have anything to do with that, BTW...

Already could do that as a kid, if you're wondering...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineBIZZ
Stranger
Loc: Australia, Sydney
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: trendal]
    #576154 - 03/11/02 07:07 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

That only started happening to me after my first mushy experience in Amsterdam.

I find that the warping usually and easily happen when I look at a repetitive pattern like on a Turkish floor rug or grass or anything with a repetitive pattern or sequence. I find I can do this when IM straight quite easily but I find it uncontrollable on the morning after I have a big night (drinking/e-ing/speeding) out.
I think it happens because the body is tired. BUT it?s ALL-GOOD.

Id have to say I agree all the way with trendal.
My thoughts are exactly the same with that bending/warping stuff.
Its all information that is usually filtered out, or the brain "sees" it and uses it but we don?t know how and why yet! But I bet the government knows what?s goin on (uses for interrogation) and how to manipulate/control and reproduce these "frequencies"(that?s what I think they are). Also I would love to experience the blindness for a moment.
Imagine being able to move a wall at the same speed and duration -in,out- as the eye when it jiggles, that way you would be tricking the brain into thinking nothing is moving. Wouldn?t that be fucking sick!!!!!!!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: Asante]
    #576799 - 03/12/02 11:18 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

I used to get this before I tripped for the first time, after about twenty minutes of meditation. It would start out with the wall/floor that was in my visual path getting very dark or very bright (pupil dialation/contraction?) As long as I didn't try to look at what was happening, I would sometimes get tunnel like vision or textures would start to wiggle about a bit. As soon as I would focus on what was happening it would all go away.

I was really surprised when I tripped the first time (on LSD-25) and saw the same types of visual changes. The drug induced additional visual changes, such as color skew, that I never saw/noticed while meditating.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #577027 - 03/12/02 03:09 PM (22 years, 21 days ago)

Yes, I get that - I think everyone does. It's totally normal as far as I'm concerned.

Try this (although I don't know how good it is for your eyes) : close your eyes really hard and apply pressure to them with your palms. You will begin to see pshycadelic closed-eye-visuals. Mostly just checkers swirling about. Try it! But don't do it so much that it hurts!

Whoa, I just did that and the swirling checkers stayed there for a few seconds after I opened my eyes. Gave my heart a jolt! Do this at your own risk!

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (03/12/02 03:12 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #577638 - 03/13/02 05:40 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Hey man: don't wanna get into Mortal Wombat with you but:

DO NOT DO THAT TO YOUR EYES !!!

The lightshow is caused by you raising the ocular pressure to such an extent that your rods & cones start to fire by dangerous/injurous pressure. People with severe glaucoma get this lightshow for free... Right before they become BLIND.
Another eye-info: looking straight into the Sun'll make it shine in rainbow colors... But after about two seconds (thats 2! sec) permanent eye damage kicks in, which happens far more quickly if you're mydriatic (pupils enlarged) by Shrooms or such. If you want a SAFE lightshow: lie on the ground facing the Sun with your eyes CLOSED and rapidly move your hands about 5 inches over them, so that the shadows of your fingers pass over 'em quickly enough to resemble a strobe effect. The colors & patterns emerging can be totally WOW, but don't do this sort of thing if you're prone to seizures...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineCheshirePhat
    #577674 - 03/13/02 07:07 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

i look at the sun .......... not often but i do/....

i also stare at car headlights.........

im yet to have any eye damage.......... i use to wear glasses but dont anymore..........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm tendral tht was some cool info thanks heaps for that.........

through drugs education is born

--------------------
[orange]"Lets fuck this kat"[/orange] -Elroy "tasmanian babes fiasco"

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: CheshirePhat]
    #577744 - 03/13/02 09:14 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

> im yet to have any eye damage.

Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean it isn't there. When you stare at the sun the lens of the eye focuses the light onto the retina where it burns the tissue that contains the rods and cones (sensors that detect light). The burn is just like a sunburn on skin. If the burn is bad enough, it can scar which causes damage (blindness).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: Seuss]
    #577808 - 03/13/02 10:33 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

It should also be pointed out that there are no pain receptors on or near your retina. So if you damage your retina by looking at the sun (or a laser, or any intense light) you will not feel that you are damaging your eyes.

Also, most of the eye-damage from the sun comes from UV light, which you can't even see in the first place. That's why you aren't supposed to look at a solar eclipse without protection. There isn't enough visible light, so you can look at the eclipse without blinking or looking away (and I'm guessing your pupil's will stay dialated), but there is still the same ammount of UV radiation. People have done serious damage to they're eyes by looking at an eclipse without protection, and they didn't even realize the damage until later when they were back in normal light.

--------------------

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
    #578364 - 03/14/02 12:44 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

>>lie on the ground facing the Sun with your eyes CLOSED and rapidly move your hands about 5 inches over them, so that the shadows of your fingers pass over 'em quickly enough to resemble a strobe effect.>>

Hey isn't this what Nostradamus did to illicit visions?

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Invisiblecornflake_girl
Stranger
Loc: under the bridge
    #580589 - 03/16/02 01:12 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

your eyes can play tricks on you anytime, sober or not...sometimes i find myself staring at the floor or a textured ceiling & it will drip or swirl. if i stare at photographs the people/landscape can shift. it's nothing to worry about, just laugh & enjoy it

--------------------
he said "it's all in your head"...i said "so is everything" but he didn't get it

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: cornflake_girl]
    #580600 - 03/16/02 01:32 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Try looking at a CRT as you walk towards it. It gives a strobing effect with each step.

OfflineChrisL_NL
Stranger
Loc: The Hague, NL
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: Booger]
    #581116 - 03/17/02 04:23 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Well, for me, thing's don't really distort, but sometimes they kinda seem to "float away" and my perspective gets screwed. I can make it go away if I don't want to see it though.

--------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"

Offlinecassiodorus
synesthesia
Male

Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: ChrisL_NL]
    #5706695 - 06/03/06 04:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yes, once you reach a certain plateau, ascertaining control of such phenomenon becomes second nature.
or so i assume, as this is how it has always been in my own case.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: cassiodorus]
    #5706734 - 06/03/06 05:48 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by werdnaeroom8 (01/26/07 09:48 AM)

OfflineMiddleFinger
Is cooler thanyou
Male
Re: How many of you get this? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE! [Re: ]
    #5706918 - 06/03/06 09:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I get visual disturbances such as my entire vision shifting from left to right spontaneously during open-eyed meditation. I have the odd ability to induce nystagmus (jittering eyes) at my will. Now that's a lightshow!

--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag