Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Parental Relations
    #5704662 - 06/02/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

When my mother found out that I was dropping acid about 8 years ago we had a rocky relationship. She is a psychotherapist on a psychiatric ward, and it was typical for her to deal with a few patients every year that wound up with their ass on her unit after a bad trip. She didn't approve. When I was home for break from college, rummaging through her old books and tapes I found every book by Vonnegut and Tom Robbins and some old tapes of Ram Dass. I realized that at one point in her life we really had a lot in common.
After a few years my spiritual interests began to rub off on her, I think it was her effort to reach out and connect with me. She became a buddhist, and has been going to a temple and practicing meditation for several years now. I've noticed an amazing transformation in how active a person she's became. She never used to be very crafty at all, really rather bookish. Lately she's became a total do-it-yourselfer around the house, has picked up the ability to crochet, has been making her own wine, and has been totally rocking out with Photoshop! The other day she was telling me how great The Electric Kool-Aid acid test was (as if I hadn't already read it, heheh) and that she couldn't believe she never managed to read any Wolfe until this point. She even sent me a book she had read, an autobiography about one of the first students at Naropa and his experiences with Ginsberg and Burroughs.

I really attribute this to converting to Buddhism and practicing meditation, though having fully grown kids and truly having time for herself. She still hasn't imbibed any entheogens, though her Buddhist friends have reintroduced a very occasional bit of marijuana into her life.

While I don't want to take credit for the positive growth in her life, I do feel that karmicly my relationship to my folks was much more important than I realized when I was younger. It used to seem like our relationship ammounted to pesky little obligations we had to fulfill like manic, stressful christmas get togethers because that's what people do. As it turns out, our real duties to each other are on a spiritual level.

And that's my rap.

Peace, CJ

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Parental Relations [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #5704675 - 06/02/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That's awesome. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Parental Relations [Re: Icelander]
    #5704728 - 06/02/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That's very cool
Buddhists are supposed to be very anti-drug though!
I find that comical.

I've been the driving spiritual force (and I'm hardly spiritual I'm just trying to try and sometimes trying instead of trying to try) in my family.

They are very overweight and inactive.... not very spiritual ... though my grandmother is very active with her church and very open minded.

I took up yoga and tai chi and recently vegetarianism and have been trying to rub it off on them for the sake of getting them healthy again, and it's rubbed off. They are eating vegetarian more often though we still eat unhealthy on the whole....

they are going to be trying martial arts over the summer, weekend classes.

My mom found a lot of truth in a Thich Nhat Hanh book she bought me and said that she was really thinking he was right about the materialism and everything.

But the one thing I seemed to have failed miserably about is their TV addiction. Which to me... I think TV is just as bad as drugs. Bad drugs, not entheogens.

It is very hard for me to tolerate their television viewing, having seen television's true face, having even had it talk to me....
My drug experiences have shown me the evils of television. It's sickening.

TV destroys empathy and is responsible for the encouragement of many of society's ills. It is used to wage evil.

They soak it up like the sun. Pointless and fruitless game shows, mindless redunancy.... it is hard for me to tolerate.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/02/06 04:36 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Parental Relations [Re: leery11]
    #5704791 - 06/02/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ever see Huff on Showtime? Recently there was an incredible episode in which Huff, the psychiatrist/main character undergoes MDMA psychotherapy. I think it was done with such class. I also always watch Bill Maher and Def Poetry on HBO. Both HBO & Cinemax alo have excellent documentaries that are incredibly informative and moving. Back in the day, Six Feet Under was probably the most thought engaging drama I've ever encountered. I really would love the Independent Film Channel & the Sundance ones. I'm really not adverse to playing along with Jeopardy either. I don't see T.V. as the enemy so much as just how one uses it. It is really hard to influence the life of a T.V. junkie. Possibly stear their T.V. habbits into a better direction and possibly see if you can get them out to live shows - theater performances, comedy clubs, concerts and such. At least that promotes social interaction, ya know?

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5704837 - 06/02/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well that's true you reminded me of the TV that is not so agenda based.

I've never seen any of those HBO like shows..

but with shows like Weeds and Bullshit! which flamed the war on drugs.... not all hope is lost. MDMA psychotherapy !!!!

Too bad that kind of stuff isn't in the mainstream.

But hey a Scanner Darkly is coming out soon, maybe I will take them to see it.

i guess it's just the content dude. violence is not acceptible to view because you view it from the perspective of acceptance, you do not feel the pain the victims undergo, and with a lifteime of exposure to consequence free action hero violence it's no wonder misled youth are signing up to join the army to KILL and they feel good about it.

they want to kill. shit like abu ghraib, all kinds of messes we don't hear about. giving kids guns and letting them run out their fantasies.

it's no wonder we have support for the wars either... you jsut cannot have that stuff sitting in the collective unconscious.

and what... does family guy help? Can you say no attention span? Family Guy is an okay show but the die hard fans seem like ADD junkies to me...... at least they put some cleverness into it.

There is just no tolerance for substance on television, if substance and plot exist they must be eliminated... take Arrested Development off the air, it's too smart and not enough people watch it!!!!

All that kind of shit man.

All that kind of shit. TV is a hell realm and if you could go inside it ...... may God have mercy on your soul....

We are uploading hell into people's brains through the thing, there is just too much filth on it.

I worry most about the kids being raised in the post 9/11 propoganda.

The biggest problem is it destroys the mind's ability to focus and pay attention. It creates a feeling of constant hurry, constant restlessness, impatiences.

All the people who say "I could never meditate, I have a short attention span" are the kind of people who need to most. You can stare at a box for an hour but you can't stare at a blank wall for an hour?

Bad stuff.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (06/02/06 05:15 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Parental Relations [Re: leery11]
    #5704883 - 06/02/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Weeds was pretty good... "Chris Died For My Sins" heheh.  Bullshit! is a double-edged sword, I half like it but am half turned off when they take something like Yoga and reduce it "it's just stretching".  never have seen Family Guy, but yeah, Arrested Development won awards and its directors said something to the effect of it being "the best show that nobody ever watches"  I didn't watch it myself, but the few times I did I recognized its superior wit.

And what about these prescription drugs commercials?  Restless Leg Syndrome?  Seems like it's a drug to pacify the body's last dying attempt to get its ass off the couch and get some exercise.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5704896 - 06/02/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

haha yeah those commercials are so lame...

old handsom seniors relaxing and talking about how you need to ask your doctor about the latest drug.

yoga is "just stretching" if you want it to be. it's a lot more than that.

anyway imagine if drugs were legal, the kind of odd commercials you'd have saying "ask your doctor if LSD is right for you. Side effects include thinking you are Jesus and excessively long hair."

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/02/06 05:43 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#5704897 - 06/02/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and I'm psyched about Scanner Darkly too :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains