Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Cuttings.
    #5703095 - 06/02/06 07:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, I don't know shit about growing so from this point on I'm gonna just quote the gardener I take pic's for  :wink:

So as many have heard I use to grow a shroom or two

Well a few years ago I came up with the Martha as some have heard soon after I came up with the Poor Man's Pod or PMP as it's called.

Well the first Martha proto type was this thing well I started thinking (and I'm amazed nobody did before) the needs for cuttings and shrooms are almost exactly the same. I firmly believe in constant airflow with shrooms and with cuttings which must be done without lowering humidity. This is of major importance cause it helps stop any kind of rot that may start.

Take your cutting using rockwool or cubes which I will show you both in a bit. Now take the cutting as normal taking a branch end about 4 inches long and taking off a leaf at the bottom of the 4 inches and cutting off the tip there. Dip in gel (I hear rootech works well) and mist it down good then into the chamber.   the cool mist runs 24/7 and the ultrasonic comes on for a hour and a half every 8 hrs. 

Now the ultrasonic does two things, it raises the humidity and it mist down the cuttings with a mist that is much finer them a shitty ass spray bottle. There are no droplets just a fine coat of mist. the last thing it does is it keeps you the fuck out. Stick the cuttings in and keep the humidifiers full. The ultrasonic should be hooked up above the cool mist outlet so the fog drops into the cool mist airstream and mixes good in the chamber air.

After a week cut the time down to 45 min every 3 hrs.

Then a few days after that or at the 10 day mark shut off the humidifiers and take off the top and let em get use to the light.

At the 14 day mark you should have

With this you can also take them any size you want and I am talking a branch if you want to. Here is a fairly good size one in a plug I was talking about earlier

Oh yeah I just cut hole in the top cover with plastic and stick some floros on top or if it gets hot put a couple 2x4's under em so air can flow under them.

Enjoy

One more thing you can use it to raise the little ones till you have room if needed

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Cuttings. [Re: Magash]
    #5703827 - 06/02/06 11:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

how do YOU clone? i see guys with tubs of water with a air bubbler in it with the cuttings dipping into the water to grow roots and shit like that.

is that a good way?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5704559 - 06/02/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Aerocloners are the bubbler type.  :stoned:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5705225 - 06/02/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

they have a Cloning Solution, where you can prune off a peice, dip it into the solution and put it in the soil and water it and it will root fairly fast

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Cuttings. [Re: C-Dizzle]
    #5705333 - 06/02/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck, the person you take pics for came up with martha? And PMP? Holy shit.
I have been meaning to find out, though: why is it called Martha?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: whatever123]
    #5705371 - 06/02/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Because the tent is from the Martha Stewart collection at K-Mart  :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5705448 - 06/02/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

can i use pea gravel instead of rock wool?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5705458 - 06/02/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think pea gravel would be to good of a starting medium to start roots in. I've seen it used instead of geolite in hydro systems for that it works ok.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5705478 - 06/02/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

so what can i use instead of rockwool  :evil:

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5705490 - 06/02/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Lots of people like to use a mix of 50/50 verm, perlite.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5705549 - 06/02/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i think i may have that stuff laying around that house somewhere :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5705577 - 06/02/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

thats what i was thinking too, but it might work, it could maybe jsut nto as good

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #5705595 - 06/02/06 09:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Because the tent is from the Martha Stewart collection at K-Mart  :wink:

No shit? Cuanto cuesta?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5705793 - 06/02/06 10:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nice tek.  Thanks for sharing.  I've often wondered how mushrooms and plants would do in the same area, it seems highly benificial to both as far as gas exchange.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: mycogirl]
    #5705858 - 06/02/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i agree but we need subgroups for marijuana only i think

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #5706569 - 06/03/06 02:18 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

magash dont you agree rapid rooters with heat mat, flouresent light, B-cuzz root bring the fatsest clones? 8 days flat depending on the strain.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: durban_poison]
    #5706578 - 06/03/06 02:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You know I haven't had a difference in speed between the rapid rooters and the rockwool. i like both to be honest. As far as what to put them in or dip I haven't found anything faster then rootech gel. most likely cause it has the highest amount of rooting hormone but there are a million ways that work well.

--------------------

Anonymous

#5707074 - 06/03/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Try willow branch water on two or three cuttings just for the hell of it. Willows have a natural rooting hormone. And if you water your plants with it it's supposed to help the root system.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Cuttings. [Re: mycogirl]
    #5707186 - 06/03/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mycogirl said:
Nice tek.  Thanks for sharing.  I've often wondered how mushrooms and plants would do in the same area, it seems highly benificial to both as far as gas exchange.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

brewing alcohol in the same room as pot plants will produce more co2 than mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: Anonymous]
    #5709458 - 06/03/06 10:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have used it and it does work.  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5709783 - 06/04/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that is awesome. how did you make the willow branch water?

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5709818 - 06/04/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Just crushed it up and soaked it in filterd water for two days. (then I hear overnight is good enough go fig)

Works really well for soaking cubes in before taking cuttings.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5709827 - 06/04/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Badass. I know exactly where a huge willow tree is. Its right by the lake, we used to swing in it when i was a kid.

Im going to have to pay that ole girl a visit.

So the willow water does the trick with no other kinds of things needed right?

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5709879 - 06/04/06 12:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hell yeah  :wink:

I have a book around here that tells exactly how to do it. Back in a few I'll go look it up now.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

#5709972 - 06/04/06 01:21 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, I should have shut the fuck up cause that took forever to find. Willow water has a 20% higher rate then plain water used in root cubes.

To make it. Remove some of this years branches and remove the leaves. Cut the branches into 1 inch lengths and fill a quart jar. Fill the jar with water and let soak for 24 hrs. Use the water as a rooting hormone.

For even higher rate of success use the willow water to mix a commercial rooting hormone rather then plain water  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5709988 - 06/04/06 01:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

sorry for the inconvenience.

I appreciate it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#5711909 - 06/04/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Here's another way

-----------------------------------------
Cut off some branches
cut them into 1'' or 2'' pieces
boil under water gets darker
let sit overnight
strain out willow pieces
-----------------------------------------

That's the one I always heard

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Re: Cuttings. [Re: Anonymous]
    #5711961 - 06/04/06 05:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

To tell the truth your way sounds better.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Anonymous

#5712003 - 06/04/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That's just some old country shit, haha. I looked it up on google and was surprised to see how common it is for people to use it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies