Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: creamcorn]
    #5700089 - 06/01/06 03:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Trentallica, you need to look at it another way. Growing shrooms takes a lot of patience. Many noobs(not all), expect to be picking shrooms out of their grow within days or weeks of starting. Many noobs get extremely impatient with vendors if they don't receive spore or supplies within a week. When Swim 1st started here (not to long ago), the 1st thing he did was read up on growing and made a decisions on growing process, and strains of shroom that would fit his need the best. Only then did he start asking questions, which he tried to make as intelligent as possible. There are wonderful people here to help you. SWIM had decided to try growbags and found out who had the knowledge to help and then read all of that persons(cervantes) posts which related to grow bags. There are many here who will mentor you if approached with respect and if you show that you have done your homework. Don't expect other posters to hold your hand, SWIM didn't. There are others here that have no patience-just ignore them, every site like this has posters like that. Thats life. Do not be afraid to ask questions, just don't ask dumb ones that came be easily searched. Figure out which posters are the pros and are willing to give advice. they are everywhere. Don't be afraid to PM them if you are worried about getting trashed in a forum. My 2 cents

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: ManianFH]
    #5700098 - 06/01/06 03:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yah, I didnt like xmen 3. all of xmen 2 and one was to prepare them, like the sentanal at the begining. the sentanals should have gone after the xmen.instead they killed off 3 of the most important people, and the "mutant war" was weak as hell. in the cartoons and such the mutant war was the rise of the sentanials. I think its because they changed directors, the movie just wasnt as good as it could have ben. like the lighting and angles wernt how they were in the first and second. maybe theyll do another. if they do the 4th one better have sentanals and appacalypse in it.
you are an asshole, dont ask stupid questions..

j/k.lol.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

OfflineBPJohnny
Stranger
Male

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5700120 - 06/01/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ok real quick, you say that you do take the time to read...
I'm calling BULLSHIT!! i just went through and looked at some threads
that you have started. I just skimmed through starting at the bottom
and this is what i have found....

can i refrigerate a cake to let other cakes mature before i case?

how hot is to hot for incubation?

strain suggestion

fruiting question- do i really need FAE in my FC?

now in two seconds i found a thread related to the first one

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5445988

Offlineke1n
Stranger
Male

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: BPJohnny]
    #5700341 - 06/01/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i cma as a newbie and i read read read.

Newbies have to read alot more than they ask questions. read teks, read threads, read FAQs

go on IRC. it isnt simply about asking quesitons on a thread.

even when I was a newbie i got pissed off at questions like "can i use perlite instead of verm?" or "can i boil instead of PC?" so many questions are already answered a million times.

as Hippiechick said, people come here and post a question without reading shit.

we arnet going to hold your dick for you

--------------------

Everything that is posted, including pictures and text, are a result of fictional storytelling using images found online and/or created using the latest graphics software. I am a fictional writer who likes to explore the internet world.
------------------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: BPJohnny]
    #5700429 - 06/01/06 04:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BPJohnny said:
ok real quick, you say that you do take the time to read...
I'm calling BULLSHIT!! i just went through and looked at some threads
that you have started. I just skimmed through starting at the bottom
and this is what i have found....

strain suggestion

now in two seconds i found a thread related to the first one

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5445988

yes i suffer moments of dumdassism just like everybody else. what i fail to see is your point in bringing up my past post. i have looked up those post and other then the suggestion that i m over complicating i myself have not been bashed to any extent, so this post was not started because I'm butt hurt or anything.
i don't know what you think putting me on the stand to tarnish my character will do for you, but let me defend.

i admit that was dumb assed, but no one jumped my shit for it.

i did the search
549 results returned.
for some reason i can only look at the first page of results.when i hit next or page 2 it gets weird. not one title on the first page suggested an answer to my question, so i posted.

strain suggestion
there is no way i apologies for that one. i did the search and read plenty. the post was for further research.

i had a ligament explanation for that question. i had not ran into any info that said " sure as long as your humidifier is moving enough air don't worry about it" , so i asked. as it turns out i was a dumb ass. no post would say that. i did not even have my FC set up but i was trying to plan it out in my mind . it was a concern for me at the moment. so i posted

now in two seconds i found a thread related to the first one.
how long have you been here as compared to my time at the time of that only one dumb assed question that you could find that i asked??

ladies and gentlemen of the jury i do my search option and ask for information, or clarification afterwords. i present to you defendants exhibits A through J

uv lights
1144 results returned.
just how many of theses do i have to go through before i can ask in post. i looked. i posted

two weeks no spores!!
just fishing for reassurances. no harm there

dark syringe
again i was unsure. at that time i needed to hear it from now time not FAQ

request for KSSS pics
did the search. nothing. did get the pic though. thank you all for that.

fruiting question
a search did not give my the direct answer i wanted to know. very informative post. thank you all.

i have a question about my LC attempt???
i admit my search on that was minimal at best. but i did try. kinda

what is the Ph concerns of straw/manure casting??
i did the search. it became exhausting. what i did not realize at the time is peat moss was my concern not straw, but i did not know so i asked.

will an autoclave destroy nutrients in a growth medium???.
never did get an answer, but i now figure it has to be no. autoclave is what they use on agar i believe.

how must corn syrup do i use in an LC ??
did the search, but i just wanted to hear it from others as well

can i use boiling water to sterilize???
i should have worded my search better, but i did again kinda try. OK half dumb assed on that one.

there is more but
i hope i have cleared my name by now. what say ye

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: trentallica]
    #5700466 - 06/01/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, most of those questions are common sense retard questions. use your brain and a little bit of common sense and you wouldn't have to ask. all i can say is READ
then when you're done, go ahead and RE-READ
then when you're done go READ SOME MORE
jeez
and you can't just do a search for "uv lights" and expect to get specific answers fool
limit searches to 'words in topic only' and BE SPECIFIC

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5700494 - 06/01/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

As a newbie I have no problem with any of this.
Though your not the first one to point this out, and
there is a valid point here. I think the solutions that
where talked about would (splitting the forum)help to
clear certain issues.

This 'hobby' is very very difficult to truly understand.
I know I dont, and have only had a glance into it.

Stop asking question and start answering them.
I often have to spend time looking and reading to
answer other peoples questions. I do that cause 'teaching'
is the best way to learn. I like to research, and often get
sidetracked, into new things.

I think splitting the forum was a good idea, but I understand
why not (begrudgingly). I think it would help those who want to help and those in need of it.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5700530 - 06/01/06 05:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

trentallica thats pretty good of you to defend people who don't know what there doing but if you want to see sombody who didn't know what they were doing look up the name Skron in the search thing now that was funny...im not making fun of that guy but it was funny he seemed like one funny guy haha

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Midst of Time........
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5700567 - 06/01/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the way to get people to reply to you is making a creative title

thankyou

bye

--------------------
Remember, the best drug, is a natural drug.....

Peace, Fratirnityishly, Smoke Da Stuff, Special Chocolate

Offlinekilroy
Hightimes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep within my spirit Flag
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5700735 - 06/01/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Okay I have to make a comment on this, just can not pass it up. The fruitchamber FAE question. I do not think that there is one tek that says that it is not important. if you read you would have known that, and I mean that every FC thing in the faq section says how important FAE is it is called fanning from the very first tek on mushroom growing. so it isn`t how many did you read but did you read any at all. You might be discouraged right now because you have very little patiences but you opened a hole can of shit here. I am with HC(hippychic) I read and read and then chated in the chat room and alot of times i just read and looked at peoples post. You need to read the basics of this thing before you probly even try to do it. I am sorry if you feel like you are being attacked but everyone can tell you have not done really any research and then got upset that no one has responded to you post in what you think is a timely matter

--------------------
IS NOT THE JOURNEY OF THE TRIP JUST AS IMPORTANT AS REACHING THE DESTINATION.

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: kilroy]
    #5700751 - 06/01/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yea man seriously the best way I learn is just watching people post questions and reading the answers

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5700761 - 06/01/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wow! optx thank you so much for making my point for me. your illustrative example is exactly what I'm talking about. i wish i could have put it that way like 38 replies ago.
optx's fine example of what kind of a self righteous asshole you should not be as well the insightful remakes of a few others have led me to the conclusion that 1) insecure and uninformed people will always look for an easy answer , and 2) assholes ( OMG thank you otex) will always prey on them.
someone on the way back said that these kind of post are always this way. i have nothing to compare that statement with . this is the first on-line community that i have ever really had anything to do with. there are a few backgammon sites that i visit, but i don't think that counts. if that is so then it is so and ill lay down my complaint, and just let it be.
as far as talk of a 2nd form just for newbies goes my comment is this. being put down by another newbie, and being told to go to FAQ by another newbie is not as bad. I'm all for promoting education, but i don't know maybe it just because i don't have the dickhead gene in my DNA, but i like to do it in a way that will work and be listened to. not just help me deal with my unresolved schoolyard issues.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: ke1n]
    #5700794 - 06/01/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

trentallica I personally have spent hundreds if not a thousand hours absorbing any and all info pertinent to the cultivation of our little friends. The problem was there was no internet when I first started and there were few books too so info was limited until TMC which was heaven for me, I highly recommend it to anyone serious at all about this hobby BTW as well as his new book "Mycelium Running". With that said the more experienced cultivators do expect you to put in some dues also because we have put most of our knowledge out there already in posts and FAQ's a labor of love without question. Now I have not only no problem with newbies PMing me with questions and I welcome it as long as they take the time to do some research first and believe me we who know know if you have or not. Anyway the internet is a godsend without a doubt for those with the need to expand their knowledge and thats why I'm here (to answer the best I can any and all questions). Feel free if you are ever having a problem finding an answer to PM me. :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinekilroy
Hightimes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep within my spirit Flag
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: hyphae]
    #5700822 - 06/01/06 06:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I say thank you to all of the members who have helped me with my questions and for the faq and post they have put up to help all of us newbies out. If it not for all of your knowldge we would not be able to study these beautiful little wonders from god, and if I may request that we show a little more patiences with the new members? And to the new members, plz show the more experirence growers respect by reading thier post and faqs for they have taken the time to put it together for us. I shall leave you guys to these things to think about. GL all

--------------------
IS NOT THE JOURNEY OF THE TRIP JUST AS IMPORTANT AS REACHING THE DESTINATION.

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#5700890 - 06/01/06 06:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"someone on the way back said that these kind of post are always this way. i have nothing to compare that statement with"

that again proves how little you read other peoples' posts on the bulletboard!

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Optx]
    #5700910 - 06/01/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Optx said:
"someone on the way back said that these kind of post are always this way. i have nothing to compare that statement with"

that again proves how little you read other peoples' posts on the bulletboard!

what dose that even mean??

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#5700918 - 06/01/06 07:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

that means that you can't even find a post to compare to, because you don't take the time to read anybody else's posts

you == quick!

--------------------

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Optx]
    #5700954 - 06/01/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Optx said:
that means that you can't even find a post to compare to, because you don't take the time to read anybody else's posts

you == quick!

maybe post was the wrong word i ment form not post

--------------------

OfflineAKtoker
Shibby

#5700964 - 06/01/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

See, this is why i think there should be a beginner forum. Newbs should definitly spend some time searching before asking a question, but sometimes it's difficult to find something specific you are looking for.

When i started growing, i read many hours before hand, but when the time came for me to start my grow, there were certain things I'd forgotten or wanted clarification on. The problem was, I'd read so many threads and FAQs on the subject, I didnt know where to look. So, asking a short question that someone could answer from memory saved me a lot of time.

If there were a beginner forum, people could ask the simple questions that sometimes clutter the mush cult forum. The intermediate forum could be for slightly more advanced questions, like using bulk substrates and etc, and the advanced forum would stay basically the way it is.

Anyone that hates all the noobish questions could simply stay out of the basic forum. People that wanted to help the noobs could pop in and answer the simple questions with relative ease from memory.

The only problem i could see with having a beginner forum is it might encourage noobs to simply post frivolous questions, rather then searching at all.

I do agree that there are too many simple questions asked in the mush cult forum, that could easily be found with 5 minutes of searching. That's why i would like an intermediate forum to hang out, where i don't have to wade through questions from people to lazy to search.

The advanced mycology is exactly that, much more advanced. Crossing strains, experimental substrates etc... Mush cult is more of a combination begginner/intermediate, and I think there could be some benefit to a split.

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: kilroy]
    #5700982 - 06/01/06 07:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I personally don't mind the noob questions. I have and have had them myself. However, after several months of scouring the site and watching this board you can become agitated by certain questions.

For myself, what I dislike is the 'new' information(the stuff I'm looking for when I check the board now) being pushed down several pages and being replaced with 'what is, and where can I get, vermiculte?' and the like.

Their is a noob question thread, as well as comprehensive FAQs, guides, glossary, and TWO(count them)TWO search functions for this website.

So the resources exist, they're relatively easy to use as well. Try to agrue against that. Argue that the resources are not right in front of your face, a single click away, sometimes maybe two.

Then once that argument has failed, explain why we should point to the 'READ THIS FIRST, NEWBIE QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE!'(or whatever it's called) thread when someone asks a question that is answered there. I've even seen noobs go as far as to complain when someone gave them a link instead of just answering the question for them.

Is it possible that asking a question that is answered right in front of your face, that the experienced posters might feel like they are being used inapropriately? And the other users that want to see the new, existing stuff that doesn't belong in advanced mycology miss out on what they love?

Some might say that if you'd spent the 10-15 minutes reading the noobie thread at the top of the forum(that's where we go wrong, it takes some people too much effort to read for 10 minutes)then you wouldn't have asked the same IMPORTANT question that has been asked and ANSWERED millions of times.

Sorry for the book,

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules