Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: trentallica]
    #5699655 - 06/01/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

as for "jargon" there's a huge glossary. should learn to speak the language before trying to have a conversion, period.

and if a question is asked often, yeah maybe it is important, but that's not relevant... it also means the answer can be found in several places, and 30 seconds of effort would have yielded the answer. there's a FAQ for a reason too. lets not forget, FAQ = FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. so rather than adding to the frequency and just annoying everyone, go get the answer yourself.

and my final comment on all of this... you'll get treated the way you act to an extent. and this is a good example. come up here and give us attitude and guess what you get back? believe it or not we're not a paid staff of customer service representatives on call 24 hours a day just waiting to serve you better. why should any of us waste our time helping somebody if a) they're too lazy to help themselves b) have a bad attitude c) never contribute anything in return. the people that ask the stupid questions rarely go on to be the ones providing good advice to others later... be greatful we have this resource at all. it wasnt too long ago that home cultivation was unheard of, and its a developing science... consider it a work in progress and take it for what it is rather than complain about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: creamcorn]
    #5699706 - 06/01/06 01:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well this is a community of people you are bound to have your posts viewed by with really cool people or a bunch or bastards -

im more of an off subject poster - no flames or contribution but still saying something worth reading...

best thing to be is understanding that its just a bunch of other people online, why is it their duty to make you or me feel good? Theres a ton of achival posts on here that will answer all of the newbie questions. You just need to be understanding most of these people are probably like doing their own thing on here...

learn to post at the right time, and with the right heading, you might get more responses.... hey that was a contribution

anyone see that batman begins movie?? what did you think?

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: AKtoker]
    #5699750 - 06/01/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AKtoker said:
I think 3 different cultivation forums would be nice, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

tho when this debate was going around, i was 50/50 for it, but lately i DO believe its a good idea..

sometimes i dont feel like answering a lot of the same questions again, but at the same time im not up to anything "heavy" per say...

a nice middle ground forum would fit the days i feel like being "in between noob and advanced " lol

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: ManianFH]
    #5699769 - 06/01/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with above, there should be a sections just for people who are noobs and starting out. that way it gives the noobs a chance to awnser what they can. theres bound to be vetrans skimming over it also, so if there is a question that no noob can awnser by searching etc. then the vets can awnser. but all in all it would be a good idea.

and i did see batman begins, that movie was awsome. it realy emphazized on where batman came from, who he is. and what hes learned. I also like how they had scarecrow as a villian. they need more unique charicters. I liked the first one because joker was in it, but you cant have joker without his side kick......for the life of I cant remember her name....I wana say harvey? but thats the same name as twoface. anyway it was a bad ass movie.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #5699786 - 06/01/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Look man, let me explain something to you. This site has what, 30,000 members? That doesnt even count all the traffic we receive from non members. Do you know what it's like to wade through "omg i inoculated my jars 2 hrs ago and i see nothing" type of questions each and every day? Not only does it clutter the database with useless posts, they push worthwhile or unanswered questions to the bottom.

On another note, no here is going to hold your hand. This site is a RESOURCE not a silver spoon in your mouth. The purpose of directing noobs to the faqs and the search engine is to make them more self reliant. By being able to find your answers without asking a question you are demonstrating the desire to actually LEARN about mush cult. Not only that, but by reading more and asking less you gain more information. Ever check out the related links at the bottom of a thread? Have you ever spent hours going through search links looking for answers? Just because you may not find a specific answer doesnt mean you're not learning at the same time. You may stumble across some tek's or other information that you would have never even thought about searching for.

This site is educational, it's not how to grow mushrooms for profit 101 (which some new members believe it is). So you really can't get pissy when people show signs of laziness and no real desire, or love, for mush cult other then money and getting high.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
    #5699832 - 06/01/06 02:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"as for "jargon" there's a huge glossary. should learn to speak the language before trying to have a conversion, period."
see that is bull shit right there. using that logic ( or lack there of) i have no business taking care of my own can , because i have not studied how the car was put together in the first place, and hey just how many of us have any idea what an octane is, so i guess we should not fill our own gas tanks. like you said its a huge glossary. ill be damned if I'm going to study all that before i even get started. what about med students. just how much knowledge should they have about disease before studying medical shit. this is a learning process.

"there's a FAQ for a reason too. lets not forget, FAQ = FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS."
I'm all on your side with that. yes people need to be educated as to the search feature, but getting all on there ass about is counter productive to the learning process and dose nothing more then hinder your own efforts. just calm down. people are going to ask the same question over and over. you have a proven history to show that. the only way to fix a problem is to accept the problem first. if you handle the same problem the same way every time you get the same results. as an intelligent person you should be able to deduct that all on your own. some people are just getting way too emotional in their post.

"why should any of us waste our time helping somebody if a) they're too lazy to help themselves b) have a bad attitude c) never contribute anything in return. "
DUDE!!! what the hell.
A) if they were too lazy they would not be here in the first place. there are here because they have already been inspired, and did a little looking into the subject, and found your site. now true this is not a blanket statement but i have to believe that it applies to at lest 90% of us. helping themselves is why they ask questions.
B) attitude develops when frustration levels increase, if you really want to be the helping type you need to recognize the attitude so you can see the statement or question behind the temporary attitude. its not personal against you they are just having a bad moment. try to work around it not through it. most people respond positively to having the way they come off to others pointed out to them and will calm down and even apologize. not all but most.
you had to know what you were getting into before you started this job , right..? thats like me going to work in the health care industry, and then complaining that broken people are needy. i knew the risk when i started my job. I'm a suicide hot-line volunteer do you think i took the job so i can bitch about how people who want to kill themselves have no idea how to use the phone book to find out what counselors will or wont take Medicaid. you need to meet people were they are.
C) OK you got me on that one. ill do what i can in return for all your help. ill even try to undumb people for you.

"be greatful we have this resource at all. it wasnt too long ago that home cultivation was unheard of, and its a developing science... consider it a work in progress and take it for what it is rather than complain about it. "

thank you ! ! ! !

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: coda]
    #5699854 - 06/01/06 02:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Look man, let me explain something to you. This site has what, 30,000 members? That doesnt even count all the traffic we receive from non members. Do you know what it's like to wade through "omg i inoculated my jars 2 hrs ago and i see nothing" type of questions each and every day? Not only does it clutter the database with useless posts, they push worthwhile or unanswered questions to the bottom.

On another note, no here is going to hold your hand. This site is a RESOURCE not a silver spoon in your mouth. The purpose of directing noobs to the faqs and the search engine is to make them more self reliant. By being able to find your answers without asking a question you are demonstrating the desire to actually LEARN about mush cult. Not only that, but by reading more and asking less you gain more information. Ever check out the related links at the bottom of a thread? Have you ever spent hours going through search links looking for answers? Just because you may not find a specific answer doesnt mean you're not learning at the same time. You may stumble across some tek's or other information that you would have never even thought about searching for.

This site is educational, it's not how to grow mushrooms for profit 101 (which some new members believe it is). So you really can't get pissy when people show signs of laziness and no real desire, or love, for mush cult other then money and getting high.

im being misunderstood here. im not saying spoon feed them or even strock there ego. im just saying that when you cut there dick off just for asking its look bad to anyone who reads it.

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5699869 - 06/01/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trentallica said:
"as for "jargon" there's a huge glossary. should learn to speak the language before trying to have a conversion, period."
see that is bull shit right there. using that logic ( or lack there of) i have no business taking care of my own can , because i have not studied how the car was put together in the first place, and hey just how many of us have any idea what an octane is, so i guess we should not fill our own gas tanks. like you said its a huge glossary. ill be damned if I'm going to study all that before i even get started.

ok we compromise on most of the points but here. but i still take issue...

driving a car isn't a science. its nowhere near as complicated as mushroom cultivation. and that aside, you do have to learn the "language" before you drive. you need to learn how to operate it. the rules of the road. what street signs mean. etc. its exactly like reading over a glossary. perhaps "huge" is a wrong choice of words too, i mean more like "complete", it has all that you need and only takes a few minutes to skim over. then you can ask questions that make sense, using the correct terminology, and understand the answers you receive. it also shows that you spent more than 30 seconds of your time before expecting somebody else to spend their time.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5699921 - 06/01/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

FIRST OF ALL, I think you (trentallica) are overreacting to these insulting posts. As far as I'm concerned, on Mushroom Cult, I rarely see them.

Yes there is sarcasm and whatever you call it, teasing whatever. Shit is bound to happen but for some reason I believe you are blowing it out of proportion.

You are making it a much larger issue that it really is. This thread sucks.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #5699923 - 06/01/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Here's what I have to say about the whole thing .

Anyone with half a brain should be able to cultivate something , at least PF TEK , without the need to ask a single question . All the info is here . Just take the time to do some research and reading . I didn't know a thing about cultivating a year and a half ago , but still was able to make my first post a thank you for all the info post when my first cakes were fruiting .

I just spent hours upon hours of reading this board . Not hard . :wink:

After cakes things can get a little more complicated and need some assistance , I know I do from time to time , lol .

The biggest problem comes from peeps who hop on here and start asking questions without reading a thing , not saying you are one of these , and ask things like , which strain is best ? how much will I get from 6 BRF cakes ? and so on and so on .

I think the biggest problem is too many kids on here . :grin:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Edited by HippieChick (06/01/06 02:44 PM)

Offlinecubensisfrenzy55
Stranger

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Atheist]
    #5699939 - 06/01/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

this thread has been locked my me.

Reason: has nothing to do with mushies

OfflineMrSmith
Shroomie Newbie

#5699959 - 06/01/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Reading the FAQ should be the first thing you do before even comming to the forums. If youre not interested in somewhat learning on youre own people are probably going to ignore you. I try to ask a s little as possible in these forums, one because im paranaoid, and second because I try to learn as much as I can on my own, so I retain it for future use. Its all just learning the process, which cant be told, it has to be experienced.

--------------------
I cant think of an original signature!

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5699963 - 06/01/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

cool man, glad you liked it! im totoally goona go see it ;p

Mick

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

#5699973 - 06/01/06 02:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
Quote:

trentallica said:
see that is bull shit right there. using that logic ( or lack there of) i have no business taking care of my own can , because i have not studied how the car was put together in the first place, and hey just how many of us have any idea what an octane is, so i guess we should not fill our own gas tanks. like you said its a huge glossary. ill be damned if I'm going to study all that before i even get started.

ok we compromise on most of the points but here. but i still take issue...

driving a car isn't a science. its nowhere near as complicated as mushroom cultivation. and that aside, you do have to learn the "language" before you drive. you need to learn how to operate it. the rules of the road. what street signs mean. etc. its exactly like reading over a glossary. perhaps "huge" is a wrong choice of words too, i mean more like "complete", it has all that you need and only takes a few minutes to skim over. then you can ask questions that make sense, using the correct terminology, and understand the answers you receive. it also shows that you spent more than 30 seconds of your time before expecting somebody else to spend their time.

yes !, point giving about the car. I'm glad to see that you and i have seem to come to a point of agreement. i just started less then a month ago, and i have already learned so much. i really hope that i can get to the point of knowledge, and experience that i can aid you in your efforts to educate the public.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#5699990 - 06/01/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i dont think all the calculated arguments in the world will change the fact that there will always be new people asking stupid questions, me saying stupid things, and you complaining about it
heheh

--------------------

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5699996 - 06/01/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

it hasnt came out yet at your part? I know here its out of theatres and on dvd/vhs.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#5699998 - 06/01/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

1, cry me a river
2, "so what if people use don't read the FAQs first"? people who don't want to help themselves don't deserve to be helped.
3, you'll usually have much quicker and thorough answers if you get on the irc server and ask in #cultivation
4, the advanced forum isn't for "people who know what they're doing already", it's for advanced cultivation techniques.
5, keep trying and if you don't get an answer, just try out 1 or 2 different things and post the results here. this is a hobby where experience is invaluable, and you might teach somebody else something.

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5700004 - 06/01/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

heh no man - my friend got the dvd on lime wire - but i think its out in the theaters still...

jk bout that last post too heh,, just sounded funny..

dude x-men 3 was friggggen awwwwesome though!!!
alot of poeople didnt like it cause it really ended the chance of an x-men 4, save a wolverine spin off movie thing

--------------------

Edited by mickdawg666 (06/01/06 03:04 PM)

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#5700017 - 06/01/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just went to the movies website where it lists the movies that are playing, then I asked in the movies forums if batman returms was playing...

and they said to me, check the list asshole, dont ask stupid questions...
wow wtf?!/!/

batman is not in theaters anymore....  :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by mickdawg666 (06/01/06 03:08 PM)

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #5700063 - 06/01/06 03:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've only been on here for about a month and I feel like I pretty much know everything I need to know for my mushroom growing needs. I have not come across anyone who has put me down. But I only ask questions which I cannot find the answer to. I have asked a lot of questions and almost every time got the info I needed from somebody. If someone acts like a smartass to you once in a while who cares. I read this book called the four agreements one time. One of the agreements is "Don't take anything personally." What people say and do is only a projection of their reality. Relax....

:wink:

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck